MT82 to 6R80 I have questions. ( In the middle of swapping now )

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Im in the middle of doing the swap but I am worried about the Flashing of the PCM that ford has to do. Is there anyone who knows what needs to be done or a tech that can explain it to me or the tech at my ford. I will paypal you money for helping me. When I bought the PCM and transmission they are both for the same build date car as my 2012 GT so I am hoping this will help out. The trans and PCM are also the exact same as my buddies 2012 auto GT so I was hoping I could give the tech his vin code to help make it easier but I'm not sure if that will work or not.

Thanks Jim

outlawcrew

Established Member
Jim,

I'm also at this point with my car. I have talked with a bunch of people about this and I have been told that they need to load the strategy for the auto that matches your build block and program your VIN to the computer. I am hoping to meet up with the service manager at a local dealer next week to discuss this some more (he has done a few of these). Hopefully someone who has done the swap will chime in. If I find out any solid information I will let you know.

Matt

bob450

Established Member
ok have you read my tread http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...t82-to-6R80-step-by-step-with-pics&highlight=

first my help is free!! lol

ford has 2 distinct ecm auto and manual you can run a manual car with auto ecm but not opposite
auto ecu have one more chip to operate trans.
each ecm have a strategy 4 digits number on side ecu ex :YGK1 you have MANY strategy for auto and for manual this strategy is not very important be sure to get good one for AUTO
when you change ecu on car you need to enter: vin, trans bodyvalve strategy(on auto), prog keys,do a crank relearn, and need to program abs module in relation with ecm strategy (car can run with bad abs strategy but light still on) hope this can help

now send me one million in my paypal lolllllllll
good luck

Last edited:

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Thank you!!!!! Yes I have used your thread as a guide for when I was buying all of my parts. I also bought a 2012 YGK1 ECU for my car, it happens to be the same exact code as my buddies 2012 auto gt with nearly the same build date as my car. I will talk to my ford dealer tomorrow and hopefully they can do it all.

ok have you read my tread http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...t82-to-6R80-step-by-step-with-pics&highlight=

first my help is free!! lol

ford has 2 distinct ecm auto and manual you can run a manual car with auto ecm but not opposite
auto ecu have one more chip to operate trans.
each ecm have a strategy 4 digits number on side ecu ex :YGK1 you have MANY strategy for auto and for manual this strategy is not very important be sure to get good one for AUTO
when you change ecu on car you need to enter: vin, trans bodyvalve strategy(on auto), prog keys,do a crank relearn, and need to program abs module in relation with ecm strategy (car can run with bad abs strategy but light still on) hope this can help

now send me one million in my paypal lolllllllll
good luck

bob450

Established Member
hey fabbed5.0 can you do me a HUDGE FAVOR if you are able to prog abs module with good strategy can you give me the code inside ids pmi i have the same ecu code as your but i avent try to erase the abs code... so ask to tech to write down the good abs strategy if he found good one... give a tip to your tech sometime ids say it cant not prog abs module but in reallity it does after you unplud ids it work...

stang910

Established Member
It shouldn't be an issue. All they are doing is programming the PCM, which I wouldn't think is any different than them having to warrany a new PCM. My buddy did mine and he wasn't at all familiar with the IDS. He couldn't figure it out the first day, but I chatted with bob450 and found out the trans solenoid codes are needed to finish the programming. Car cranked up the next time around. You'll help your tech out if you write down the solenoid codes so he doesn't have to put the car on a lift. Also don't forget to take both of your keys.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
It shouldn't be an issue. All they are doing is programming the PCM, which I wouldn't think is any different than them having to warrany a new PCM. My buddy did mine and he wasn't at all familiar with the IDS. He couldn't figure it out the first day, but I chatted with bob450 and found out the trans solenoid codes are needed to finish the programming. Car cranked up the next time around. You'll help your tech out if you write down the solenoid codes so he doesn't have to put the car on a lift. Also don't forget to take both of your keys.

Im gonna take a pic of the codes now. thank you

hey fabbed5.0 can you do me a HUDGE FAVOR if you are able to prog abs module with good strategy can you give me the code inside ids pmi i have the same ecu code as your but i avent try to erase the abs code... so ask to tech to write down the good abs strategy if he found good one... give a tip to your tech sometime ids say it cant not prog abs module but in reallity it does after you unplud ids it work...

Ill have him write it down for you. Also do I just unhook all of the Clutch pedal sensor under the dash? I install a new brake pedal and now I have 2 extra plugs with plunger sensor under the dash since there is no more clutch pedal. Should
i just unplug them and tie them up?

outlawcrew

Established Member

Thanks for the great information.

Matt

bob450

Established Member
thank fabbed5.0 for help on abs i will refund your million deposit in my paypal account lollllllllllll

if my memory is good i was able to run my car with clutch pedal in place auto ecu dont use the signal from clutch pedal sensors

stang910 and kaineoutlaw are also very good to answer question on this topic

crazygn

Established Member
Is this all the same if I have a 2012 and I'm putting a 2013-14 6r80 and ecm from the same car in mine

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
thank fabbed5.0 for help on abs i will refund your million deposit in my paypal account lollllllllllll

if my memory is good i was able to run my car with clutch pedal in place auto ecu dont use the signal from clutch pedal sensors

stang910 and kaineoutlaw are also very good to answer question on this topic

Wish I could tag them so I could get a for sure answer lol. Thank you tho

dangerzone

Established Member
I have also done the 6r80 swap. Its good to have the info the others have passed down to make it easier for the rest of us, Thanx guys.. I am at the stage of taking the car to ford. What would be the best way to explain to them what I need done? I have a roush 2300 and ID 105inj. Not sure how my car will run after they reprogram it to stock. Im dropping it off at my tuners shop after ford reprograms it. Do I just tell them I swapped to a auto and need my key reprogrammed? I have all my ecu vin and solenoid strategies handy for them. Thank for any advice and sorry to the OP, not trying to hyjack.

Users who are viewing this thread