MT82 Ideas

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Just a thought not only are folks on this forum having issues with the mt-82. I spoke with Eric @ jpc the other day and they are doing tremec swaps almost daily, so that should tell about how flawed this tranny is...oh and by the way mgw now has a short throw for the Tremec magnum...wooot!

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
37,475 miles on my MT-82. Been drag raced a handful of times, and AutoX a handful of times. Not one issue with the trans. 2 post Barton bracket has been installed since about 1,000 miles, and just recently changed to Motul RBF600, only for the brakes, not the clutch. I down shift A LOT. My trans has been a champ, so I don't get why people are having issues. And I'm not easy on it most of the time.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Just a thought not only are folks on this forum having issues with the mt-82. I spoke with Eric @ jpc the other day and they are doing tremec swaps almost daily, so that should tell about how flawed this tranny is...oh and by the way mgw now has a short throw for the Tremec magnum...wooot!
THey are tremec swaps almost daily because almost all of their main customers are making big power, and they beat on their car at the strip every chance they get. That's why.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Downshifting never made any difference with my mt-82, the tranny has a mind of its own. It decided when it want to shift correctly or not correctly. I couldn't have that inconsistency on a daily basis!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
THey are tremec swaps almost daily because almost all of their main customers are making big power, and they beat on their car at the strip every chance they get. That's why.

Not every car they do is a 1000hp car in fact most aren't. And when they do build those cars they usually opt out of a manual altogether and go auto!

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Is there any talk of a rebuild kit for the MT82? I would love to see what a MT82 could do if it were built to handle 1000+ rwhp

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Not every car they do is a 1000hp car in fact most aren't. And when they do build those cars they usually opt out of a manual altogether and go auto!
okay, so it should be a "and/or" between my two points. For someone that doesn't beat the hell out of their car every waking second, the MT-82 works fine.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Is there any talk of a rebuild kit for the MT82? I would love to see what a MT82 could do if it were built to handle 1000+ rwhp
1000 whp through a remote mounted shifter? :lol1:

Even with an MGW, that's not going to be a fun ride....

waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh......*grind*grind*griiiiiind*........waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh......*griiiind*griiind*grind*..........WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I'm making the full switch to Amsoil next oil change. Engine oil, trans fluid, and rear end fluid. As well as installing an axle overflow reservoir.

Users who are viewing this thread