MSRP is upon us.

UCBeau

KMCBOSS said:
Nostalgia! I have a 2006 FORD GT a new Shelby GT500 and a BOSS 302. I was 16 in 1970 and just missed the musclecar era. When the new Shelby was announced a couple of years ago, I was determined not to miss the boat again. I never thought I would have an opportunity to own a brand new Shelby. Get one if you can.
I've driven one and wasn't impressed. Wasn't for me but if you like it, that is all that matters.

UCBeau

chuckstang said:
The M5 you spoke of is not brand new though correct and therefore we all know you can buy an older better car for less that would beat a brand new lesser car that happens to cost more only because its brand new.
LOL true, you could buy a brand new M5 or buy 2.5-3 GT500's...But that isn't anywhere near a fair comparison for either car.

PACETTR

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
I've driven one and wasn't impressed. Wasn't for me but if you like it, that is all that matters.
Not trying to :burn: , but coming from an 01 how could you NOT be impressed? Maybe it was still in "limp" mode...:-D

UCBeau

PACETTR said:
Not trying to :burn: , but coming from an 01 how could you NOT be impressed? Maybe it was still in "limp" mode...:-D
My 01:
built motor
s-trim
3.0 inch pulley
snow kit

that and I have some friends with 500+ rwhp terminators
plus I get to drive an M5 on a regular basis ;)

03snakerush

Established Member
KMCBOSS said:
Whatever you folks are smoking - keep smoking!

It's called reallity and m.s.r.p. is the starting point for it... Just be advised that the topic of Chris B's thread is true. Check Spitzer Ford in Hartville, Ohio in about 2-5 weeks. As of today they still have 7- yes SEVEN unsold Shelby GT500's sitting on the lot. I hope they choke on their ADM's. The number I've been calling them at is 800-464-8214.

Thanks Chris for keeping this real. :beer:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
03snakerush said:
Thanks Chris for keeping this real. :beer:

Anytime.

I might not always be right. But usually am pretty close. Just here to try and help and make sense of things for people.

This car is truly an awesome car. If I didn't go back to school I'd be in a Blue with Silver Stripes GT500.

MSRP is coming, and in some cases, its already here.

PACETTR

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
My 01:
built motor
s-trim
3.0 inch pulley
snow kit

that and I have some friends with 500+ rwhp terminators
plus I get to drive an M5 on a regular basis ;)

I'm not speaking from a pure power standpoint (any car can be made to go fast), I was referring to the overall quality and dynamics of the car. Let's leave the M5 for another discussion. It IS an $80000 car after all...:coolman:

I would agree that the Shelby is by no means a $65000 car, but also would not bash the ones who pay it. (It's their money, and if you can't buy one yet, tough; neither can I:kaboom: )

bluestreak89

Established Member
I think it's a long shot to see the ADM's go from 15k over (seems like the avg) to MSRP so fast, but Chris has a point in that the 08's will be released pretty soon. I havent seen a car sell over MSRP when there is a new model out. I doubt that the 08's will hit MSRP that soon after release.

There are several GT500's to be bought hence no one has a problem finding one, it's just getting the right price, this is good because it shows that people arent buying into the hype. You couldnt find a 06Z06 even towards the end of the model year. Hopefully this will get the cars down to MSRP in due time.

COBRA32

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake you must be on cra*k

1. Maybe put together better, but not in reliability. Have many friends with BMW's that spend allot of time in the shop.
2. exclusivity thats a false statment our local Bmw dealer has two of those Bmw's on his lot for over a month now. Even the newer 06 M5's can be had on Ebay for over $20,000+ south of its original Msrp. At least I will not have to worry about losing that much in value with the positive equity my Shelby has at current market prices in it.
3. Comfort would be a draw had seat time in both and seats in the BMW are nice but not better. Only part of comfort it is better at is in the ride.
4. M5 is a great car on the track for what it is but not better.
5. In looks you got to be kidding M5 is nice for a sedan but thats it.

Being an ex new edge Mustang owner All I can say is the GT500 is in another League in both handling, feel and build quality compared to the older Mustangs I have owned. I have owned 8 different mustangs in my life including 500+ horsepower 2003 Cobra and The Shelby by far is a better all around car then any of my other mustangs period.

drmustang

Banned
bluestreak89 said:
I think it's a long shot to see the ADM's go from 15k over (seems like the avg) to MSRP so fast, but Chris has a point in that the 08's will be released pretty soon. I havent seen a car sell over MSRP when there is a new model out. I doubt that the 08's will hit MSRP that soon after release.

There are several GT500's to be bought hence no one has a problem finding one, it's just getting the right price, this is good because it shows that people arent buying into the hype. You couldnt find a 06Z06 even towards the end of the model year. Hopefully this will get the cars down to MSRP in due time.

Z06 prices collapsed in short order at the end of last year. They are now advertised on the Corvette boards 2-3 grand under. This type of high powered car with no transmission choice has an extremely small audience of willing, qualified buyers. There have been numerous reports of dealers sitting on 5, 6, or 7 GT500s and still asking an ADM. Those situations speak for themselves. The price meltdown is in progress.

KMCBOSS

Established Member
There are 150 Ford dealers in the Pacific Northwest and only 15 Shelbys on the ground. Many are at Bickford Ford in Snohomish Washington as they bought up allocations from mom and pop Ford dealers all over the country. I think their asking price is 80K.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
KMCBOSS said:
There are 150 Ford dealers in the Pacific Northwest and only 15 Shelbys on the ground. Many are at Bickford Ford in Snohomish Washington as they bought up allocations from mom and pop Ford dealers all over the country. I think their asking price is 80K.

Brickford Ford is therefor exactly the type of dealer who has created this disaster.

We should all go find that dealer and throw some bricks there way.:cuss:

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
KMCBOSS said:
$80 grand. Unbelievable.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
KMCBOSS said:

No. I spoke with them last week. Yeah, they have 7 on the ground, $25k markup. That makes it $70-ish for the coupe, $75-ish for the 'verts.
Nice guy, and my conversation went something like this:
He told me adm.
I asked - why pay +$25 when I can get one for +$10k on ebay? He got quiet
I then said- why pay +$25 when I can {most likely} order an '08 in 5 or 6 weeks?
He said- so you can get one now. Good point, but I can wait for $25k. On the 2nd call I told him that I would not be interested in his high ADM, but if they were flexible on the ADM, I *might* know a few guys who may buy at $5k-$10k over (thinking of you guys).
He said it was negotiable, but not by much. He said that the dealer paid +$20k for these cars.
I said that it was his owner's business decision, not mine, to do that. Then I advised him that he may have some paperweights because the '08s will have HIDs and 'mood lighting' to name a few things.
He was very cordial, as was I.
This was the condensed version of 2 calls he had made to me here in New Hampshire. Hope this clarifies...
I can wait!!! :coolman:

03snakerush

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362597

If I had 9 I'd be selling them to whoever would buy them! Damn it must be tough to live in california.

Gotta be a West Coast thing.

Some California dealers are borderline criminal with the lies they spout. Case in point- Future Ford, Concord. Sales rep Alex Smith stated "the 2008 GT500's will only have 350hp". I corrected him that the Shelbt GT would have 325hp but the 2008 GT500 would have 500 as advertised. "No- the 2007 is the last one with 500hp..." he went on and on. The one GT500 they had on the floor was marked up $59,000. over the $45,000. The people in that place are slimey....:mj:

UCBeau

PACETTR said:
I'm not speaking from a pure power standpoint (any car can be made to go fast), I was referring to the overall quality and dynamics of the car. Let's leave the M5 for another discussion. It IS an $80000 car after all...:coolman:

I would agree that the Shelby is by no means a $65000 car, but also would not bash the ones who pay it. (It's their money, and if you can't buy one yet, tough; neither can I:kaboom: )
I'm looking out the window at an E39 M5, 2003 model, blue, 37,000 miles. 43,000 dollars.
Overall quality of the GT500? I'd honestly say "average". It's of average quality. Dynamics? meaning what? handling? I am NOT a track driver, nor do I have any appreciable experience on the open track, so I can only present my opinion from that of a car enthusiast who's been lucky enough to drive many cars. The GT500 is boring. It felt "heavy" to me, not nimble. Acceleration was boring, my 01 cobra is more fun when you punch it. Granted, this was a 100% bone stock GT500, I really was expecting a lot more. Just my $.02

UCBeau

COBRA32 said:
SanDiego01Snake you must be on cra*k

1. Maybe put together better, but not in reliability. Have many friends with BMW's that spend allot of time in the shop.
1. Odd, my family has owned probably 8-9 BMW's through the years, they were all more reliable than my 3 stangs, both my mom's Nissans, and other cars we've owned.

2. exclusivity thats a false statment our local Bmw dealer has two of those Bmw's on his lot for over a month now. Even the newer 06 M5's can be had on Ebay for over $20,000+ south of its original Msrp. At least I will not have to worry about losing that much in value with the positive equity my Shelby has at current market prices in it.
2. He has two E39 M5's? Or two E39 5 series? And are you being serious about positive equity on a Ford? Seriously? You are joking, I know it. Nice try though.

3. Comfort would be a draw had seat time in both and seats in the BMW are nice but not better. Only part of comfort it is better at is in the ride.
3. BMW > GT500. I've had seat time in both, BMW wins hands down. You feel more in control, but also you feel better after a drive.

4. M5 is a great car on the track for what it is but not better.
4. Equal drivers, M5 would wipe the floor with a GT500. Sorry. :)

5. In looks you got to be kidding M5 is nice for a sedan but thats it.
5. I said E39 M5 looks better than a GT500 and it does. I've seen a few S-197's that do look badass, especially that special edition Saleen one, the orange beauty..That thing is gorgeous. I was very very bored with the GT500 when I saw it the first time..and the second time..and the third time..and the fourth time..etc etc. Doesn't strike me as particularly appealing.

Being an ex new edge Mustang owner All I can say is the GT500 is in another League in both handling, feel and build quality compared to the older Mustangs I have owned. I have owned 8 different mustangs in my life including 500+ horsepower 2003 Cobra and The Shelby by far is a better all around car then any of my other mustangs period.

I have no doubt the GT500 is better built than your previous mustangs, because let's face it, build quality on mustangs has always been very suspect. I know my 01 is built like..well..an American car..so was my 03 GT and my 90 LX 5.0...so I will wholeheartedly agree that the GT500 is a better car than previous stangs. Just not worth 45,000 dollars OR anything over MSRP, considering what you get.
:)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
SanDiego01Snake said:
:)

3. BMW > GT500. I've had seat time in both, BMW wins hands down. You feel more in control, but also you feel better after a drive.

Sure. On a long distance cruise. I will give you that! :-D

SanDiego01Snake said:
4. Equal drivers, M5 would wipe the floor with a GT500. Sorry.

:bs:

"Alex, I'll take 'Even Money' for $1,000.00" ;-) :lol: :p

Users who are viewing this thread