Mr. Clean meets the Cobra

frank3si

Established Member
After some ridiculously nice weather for late December in NJ - and a couple of hundred miles logged on the Cobra in rare winter appearances the last few days - I took advantage of today's 55 degree temps and cloudless skies to try out the new Mr. Clean Autodry system.

The verdict? It is great! :thumbsup:

Like many of us, washing the Cobra for me entails lots more than just "washing the car." There's wiping off the engine, drying under the hood, inside the trunk lid, etc. etc. plus vacuuming, leather treatment, and on and on. But today I avoided any exterior glass treatment, any worrying about drying the wheels, and any worrying about water on the exterior. With this product, those areas dried thoroughly and with virtually no spots at all. The chrome SVT wheels actually looked more intense than I've ever seen them. The only areas where I had to direct attention to external drying were the 3M-coated areas protected by my Invinca-Shield, and some of the rubber trim. But if it was metal or glass - it dried up astonishingly well!

imho, this is a time saver with no compromise in the quality of the result. Recommended!

Cheers -

Frank

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
i thought i was the only one out there who cleans there car inside out lol. isn't it great:rockon:

Droo

Established Member
Hey guys, just as a heads up, i was at walgreens on christmas eve, i was sick getting a prescription, i saw the mr clean autodry, so i picked it up, it was 19.99, how much is it if you order it

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
where can i see more about this "kit"......i've never heard of it before, is it something you have to order or can you buy it in a store?

Orange Poison

Established Member
hmmm....I have to look into this.....what does it leave on the paint to facilitate the drying process?

Because I hate drying my car....it sucks.....

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
How about some pictures that we can compare to the commercial, several during the drying process?

lethal

Established Member
Looks like they are showing up around town for $20 (Walgreens, grocery stores, etc). Save the extra $10+ship and wait for it locally.

John

jlsnsw

Hello San Diego!!!
Established Member
Thanks for the write up.
I was thinking of getting one after seeing a commercial for it, but after reading your post, I just ordered one.
Thanks.

jeffsvt

Established Member
I got my little brother one for xmas . He called me yesterday and said he used it and loved it ! He says it's simple and you don't have to kill time drying the car . I'm going to give it a try on mine and see how I like it and maybe get one !

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
The add says there is some type of polymer additive that makes it dry fast with no drying off with a towell. What will that do to those who use Zaino? Polymer vs. polymer? Will they fight eachother?

frank3si

Established Member
I don't know about Zaino, but the Mr Clean wash was following up a fairly recent Meguiars polish and wax. No ill effects, as the "sparkle under the sun" of the DSG was in full effect. I guess the next test would be the polish and wax after the Mr. Clean wash, but I was too tired out (in mid-winter "out of washing shape") to push on!

Frank

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
That sounds about right, Meguiars is all natural. This product sounds amazing, but I want to know for sure before it strips my car of the 20 coats of zaino that I have on it.

Users who are viewing this thread