mpg numbers...another disappointment?

rrg9946

Established Member
So enlighten me. What is the braking from 70? What does it do 0-60? 1/4? Topspeed? What does it pull in a corner? drag coefficient? How does it compare to the antiquated last year model?

And it's fugly. 1973 Grande ugly.

Im not talking about performance number. Im talking about the mechanical upgrades to the entire vehicle. Which in your mind will do nothing for performance.

BMR Tech

It'll be slower 0-60 and 1/4 then the outgoing vehicle. Top speed will be a wash. But until Ford allows anyone to test the HOLY GRAIL then all we can do is speculate. Well we have 12 days until the embargo is lifted. This car better perform.

That's all you got? It will be slower 0-60 and 1/4? So, it will be slower at acceleration than a 2014 GT, and it will not be able to out pace a Boss 302 on the road course.

Sure you don't wanna take any stabs at the other areas, in my list above? It will be fun to look back and compare, just saying.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Im not talking about performance number. Im talking about the mechanical upgrades to the entire vehicle. Which in your mind will do nothing for performance.

Isn't this a performance site? Why wouldn't we talk performance numbers? I understand the upgrades, let's see what they'll do. Oh wait. Embargo.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
You do realize that was a fox body with different sheet metal. The new platform didn't hit until 2005. The fox body platform was used from 1979-2004

No shit. Thanks for the information. That said. I bought new in 1995 a Sapphire blue GT 5spd. Much better interior than the FOX body, I had traded. Better brakes and handling. Less overall performance. I feel the same will happen with the new car. Waiting on Ford to prove me wrong.

The 2005 S197 used a version of the Lincoln LS/Tbird/Stype jag chassis. Funny all those car came factory with IRS.

rrg9946

Established Member
No shit. Thanks for the information. That said. I bought new in 1995 a Sapphire blue GT 5spd. Much better interior than the FOX body, I had traded. Better brakes and handling. Less overall performance. I feel the same will happen with the new car. Waiting on Ford to prove me wrong.

The 2005 S197 used a version of the Lincoln LS/Tbird/Stype jag chassis. Funny all those car came factory with IRS.

Well looks like you have all the answers or you're just jaded for some reason. Seem a little angry too. I'll just sit back and watch. Oh by the way you know that the cars mention with IRS above are over a decade old. You must have just as you mentioned "no s**t" to the obvious statement of the SN95 before.

BMR Tech

lol @ the comparison of a 5L powered SN95 to a Fox Body.

That said, the 1998 to 1999 was a fairly decent change - but still not worth mentioning...

The 2014 to 2015 Mustang change, is hardly comparable to the Fox/SN95/New Edge change/evolution....

I don't think it will be quite as drastic (for the good) as the change from the 2004 to 2005.....but that is the closest comparison, and ironically the most recent.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
LOL on an embargo. Car not performing to dreams and wishes? If it was the "bees knees" wouldn't Ford being yelling at the top of their lungs? Ie: raining on the ZL1 parade with GT500 numbers. Or say what the Hellcat has done?

Isn't this car due out at any time? Will any of the magazines give a real review based on not wanting to lose advertising dollars? I'd like to see SVTperformance take a stock 2014 5.0 and run it against a similar optioned 2015. That will be the truth serum.
Dude..this has come straight from Ford. You don't like it? Oh well....It is there choice to do what they want. The has a lot of interest, end of story.

I also don't believe Ford would be touting it as much if it didn't truly beat the Boss around the track. Why would they like and put that lie in PRINT for all the world to see, only for it to come back and bite them in the ass. I feel certain, Ford does not want 1999 all over again.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
It'll be slower 0-60 and 1/4 then the outgoing vehicle.
You know this how? I think it will be a .1 or .2 faster 0-60 and the same in the 1/4 mile...better weight distribution and better traction. More power below the curve than the '14 5.0 as well.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
lol @ the comparison of a 5L powered SN95 to a Fox Body.

That said, the 1998 to 1999 was a fairly decent change - but still not worth mentioning...

The 2014 to 2015 Mustang change, is hardly comparable to the Fox/SN95/New Edge change/evolution....

I don't think it will be quite as drastic (for the good) as the change from the 2004 to 2005.....but that is the closest comparison, and ironically the most recent.

LOL, you Mr. BMR tech not getting the reference to new and improved. NOONE compared a 5.0 windsor to a 5.0 Coyote. Just reminding some of the youngsters how the new improved SN95 for 1994 was leaps and bounds better than the outgoing fox body.

For your sake I hope its worth the money. My money will be heading across town to either a ZL1 vert or a C7. Or dependent on the markups on Hellcats, maybe a Dodge. But definitely not an S550.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Yep, 2015 Mustang.

Indeed! You are the most knowledgeable person on this new generation of Mustang. I should've consulted with you before putting my order in/deposit down on this crappy ass car. Lesson learned. You will be the first one I consult going forward.

BMR Tech

LOL, you Mr. BMR tech not getting the reference to new and improved. NOONE compared a 5.0 windsor to a 5.0 Coyote. Just reminding some of the youngsters how the new improved SN95 for 1994 was leaps and bounds better than the outgoing fox body.

For your sake I hope its worth the money. My money will be heading across town to either a ZL1 vert or a C7. Or dependent on the markups on Hellcats, maybe a Dodge. But definitely not an S550.

No, I get it. Ford did what any company would do, they wanted to stretch out the platform.....and they hit a home-run doing so. Marketing - again, I get it. I "get" everything you are saying, but that doesn't mean it applies to the 2015 situation.

And I agree, no one did compare a 5.0L Coyote to a 5.0L Windsor. That response went over my head, I guess. No idea where that came from?

Enjoy your GM.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Indeed! You are the most knowledgeable person on this new generation of Mustang. I should've consulted with you before putting my order in/deposit down on this crappy ass car. Lesson learned. You will be the first one I consult going forward.

Don't be mad. you may love the car. It's just not for me. Definitely not the most knowledgeable.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
No, I get it. Ford did what any company would do, they wanted to stretch out the platform.....and they hit a home-run doing so. Marketing - again, I get it. I "get" everything you are saying, but that doesn't mean it applies to the 2015 situation.

And I agree, no one did compare a 5.0L Coyote to a 5.0L Windsor. That response went over my head, I guess. No idea where that came from?

Enjoy your GM.

Unfortunately until it's "tested" we don't know how the 2015 performs.

And I will. A few months off. Looks like the new C7 is getting an 8spd auto. Should be a big improvement over the 6sp A.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Unfortunately until it's "tested" we don't know how the 2015 performs.

And I will. A few months off. Looks like the new C7 is getting an 8spd auto. Should be a big improvement over the 6sp A.

Interesting. I wanna see proof of that 8spd auto being an improvement first. What you are saying is invalid, unless you have "tested" it already....?

You should know, nothing is an improvement unless it is tested by C&D or MT - and published.

Users who are viewing this thread