mpg numbers...another disappointment?

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Ahh excuse me, whatever i saw at the autoshow had 265s and Brembos, so i just assumed it was the PP. Granted, that was back in January of this year, They could have very well just slapped some tires on it.

Yep, no worries :).

rrg9946

Established Member
Didn't you know this car is better than anything else out there...Ford said so. Don't worry about any testing or hard data, just buy it.

I will buy. I will enjoy it. Apparently you have the opposite agenda of talking the masses out of buying it. I do not know of a Ford Mustang V8 car that has been a disappointment in the last 11 years. If you are expecting a Porsche 911 Turbo with a Ford badge for under $45,000 then perhaps you should consider other brands. As you said this is the greatest car ever, Ford said so. Or in your opinion, the biggest disappointment ever because it's 100lbs heavier with a weak power plant with zero potential and a "too" European styled body. I should have talked to you for advice before I ordered mine......

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I will buy. I will enjoy it. Apparently you have the opposite agenda of talking the masses out of buying it. I do not know of a Ford Mustang V8 car that has been a disappointment in the last 11 years. If you are expecting a Porsche 911 Turbo with a Ford badge for under $45,000 then perhaps you should consider other brands. As you said this is the greatest car ever, Ford said so. Or in your opinion, the biggest disappointment ever because it's 100lbs heavier with a weak power plant with zero potential and a "too" European styled body. I should have talked to you for advice before I ordered mine......

You probably should have. You're missing my point. Where's the hard data on this car? Every time anything comes up, it's less than expected. Lighter, no. Big HP bump, no. Better mpg, no. V6 gets 3 less, how is that an improvement? But it'll beat a boss around a road course, Ford said it would. Doubt it. Hasn't hit any target yet, and Ford has kept the car a secret from mags, except for a ride a long.
Why do you think we haven't seen any mag testing. Other cars just unveiled have had more independent testing. Do I expect a Porsche 911 turbo, no. Was I expecting more, yes. I doubt the car beats the current evenly optioned Camaro in a magazine test. TP vs 1LE.

And subjectively it's ugly.

BMR Tech

But, the car actually is lighter. Ford said they were going to cut weight, and they did. This is why the model I ordered only gained 54 lbs.

Would you rather gain weight via the body of the car, or the brakes? Ford lightened parts that matter, and the weight is gained mostly in the body mount/IRS system.

As for HP, I DO think it is a big bump. I don't blame them one bit for de-tuning it right now. Brilliant, actually. Why show all your cards before it is necessary?

Not really sure how and why it is so hard to comprehend/understand.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
But, the car actually is lighter. Ford said they were going to cut weight, and they did. This is why the model I ordered only gained 54 lbs....

Ummm.....dude....in the friendliest way I know how (because I consider us to be friends), that statement is just....just not right. ;)

I understand what you're trying to say, but "the car actually is lighter. This is why the model only gained 54 lbs.", that just doesn't work.

No offense.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
You probably should have. You're missing my point. Where's the hard data on this car? Every time anything comes up, it's less than expected. Lighter, no. Big HP bump, no. Better mpg, no. V6 gets 3 less, how is that an improvement? But it'll beat a boss around a road course, Ford said it would. Doubt it. Hasn't hit any target yet, and Ford has kept the car a secret from mags, except for a ride a long.
Why do you think we haven't seen any mag testing. Other cars just unveiled have had more independent testing. Do I expect a Porsche 911 turbo, no. Was I expecting more, yes. I doubt the car beats the current evenly optioned Camaro in a magazine test. TP vs 1LE.

You have not read about any tests because there is an embargo until September 15th. That is when the Ford embargo lifts and all that information will be shared at that time.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Not really sure how and why it is so hard to comprehend/understand.

Because they had their own grandiose dreams of what this car would be in their eyes or twisted what was leaked/shared by Ford. If folks read all the information that has been shared about the improvements and engineering that went into this car, they would not say these types of things.

BMR Tech

Ummm.....dude....in the friendliest way I know how (because I consider us to be friends), that statement is just....just not right. ;)

I understand what you're trying to say, but "the car actually is lighter. This is why the model only gained 54 lbs.", that just doesn't work.

No offense.

Yeah, I should have worded it differently.

What I meant was, the car will perform like it is lighter - because Ford lightened up various pieces that rotate - and removed unsprung weight.

In other words, as a drag racer.....I understand and realize that saving 100lbs from the brakes, wheels and driveline, will outperform a 150lb weight reduction of the body alone.

I was on a tech call when I posted that. I definitely realize that the wording is complete incorrect. lol

kino

Established Member

I honestly like the car looks. Other than that I'm 100% with you. I sure hope this "it'll out lap a boss" performance brag from Ford means significant time difference although from everything we've seen so far, maybe not.

Voltwings

Established Member
Advantage:
Same or better cylinder heads than a Boss
Better camshafts and valves than a boss
(means more mid range power, needs less rpm on the track)
what i can only assume is better suspension and chassis than a boss
Better brakes than the Boss (current gt500 6 piston Brembos)

Disadvantage:
Slightly heavier, and slightly down on peak power, but they're still very close in the grand scheme of things
Slightly smaller tires (again, still very close in the grand scheme of things)

Time will tell, but i think it will do it. All else aside, the engine alone is worth this car with all of the incredible upgrades it has.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

No offense.

Not sure why people aren't getting. Maybe I missed the Koolaid on this one?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Advantage:
Same or better cylinder heads than a Boss
Better camshafts and valves than a boss
(means more mid range power, needs less rpm on the track)
what i can only assume is better suspension and chassis than a boss
Better brakes than the Boss (current gt500 6 piston Brembos)

Disadvantage:
Slightly heavier, and slightly down on peak power, but they're still very close in the grand scheme of things
Slightly smaller tires (again, still very close in the grand scheme of things)

Time will tell, but i think it will do it. All else aside, the engine alone is worth this car with all of the incredible upgrades it has.

ohhhhh, incredible upgrades.

I didn't start this thread but I'm gonna run with it, until I see differently. So far the information that has leaked out is UNDERWHELMING for a complete redesign. More weight, less mpg, probable less performance. Not seeing the win. The interior will be upgraded!

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
You have not read about any tests because there is an embargo until September 15th. That is when the Ford embargo lifts and all that information will be shared at that time.

LOL on an embargo. Car not performing to dreams and wishes? If it was the "bees knees" wouldn't Ford being yelling at the top of their lungs? Ie: raining on the ZL1 parade with GT500 numbers. Or say what the Hellcat has done?

Isn't this car due out at any time? Will any of the magazines give a real review based on not wanting to lose advertising dollars? I'd like to see SVTperformance take a stock 2014 5.0 and run it against a similar optioned 2015. That will be the truth serum.

rrg9946

Established Member
Not sure why people aren't getting. Maybe I missed the Koolaid on this one?

It's not a matter of drinking the kool aid. It's a matter of looking at what facts we do have. But it seems as the people that share your opinion, only look at what you choose to. Which is weight added. Nothing else of improvements catches your eye.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
It's not a matter of drinking the kool aid. It's a matter of looking at what facts we do have. But it seems as the people that share your opinion, only look at what you choose to. Which is weight added. Nothing else of improvements catches your eye.

So enlighten me. What is the braking from 70? What does it do 0-60? 1/4? Topspeed? What does it pull in a corner? drag coefficient? How does it compare to the antiquated last year model?

And it's fugly. 1973 Grande ugly.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

2015 GT / PP

Zero to 60 mph: 4.1 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 9.5 sec
Zero to 150 mph: 25.3 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 4.5 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 12.6 sec @ 114 mph
Top speed (drag limited): 163 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 146 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.98 g

Just crazy guesses! ;)

BMR Tech

So enlighten me. What is the braking from 70? What does it do 0-60? 1/4? Topspeed? What does it pull in a corner? drag coefficient? How does it compare to the antiquated last year model?

And it's fugly. 1973 Grande ugly.

So, instead of going into all the S550 threads and complaining about the new '15....I'd like to see how you think the car will perform. I posted my guesses above.

Copy and paste what you think it will do, with the Performance Package....and let's see how accurate our perceptions / predictions are - when this thing hit's the roads.

We have a PP model on order, so I will be able to share some of those specs above.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
LOL on an embargo.

Car companies do this.. It was just a few months ago Ferrari lifted theirs on La Ferrari and that is, by a large margin, the fastest street car Ferrari has ever built. I don't see why it would be a problem that we don't know performance specs on a car that isn't in a single customers hands yet.

I'm not discounting this car, I can't imagine Ford putting all that work into a mostly new car and it won't outperform the outgoing model. I'm excited to see what it does.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
So, instead of going into all the S550 threads and complaining about the new '15....I'd like to see how you think the car will perform. I posted my guesses above.

Copy and paste what you think it will do, with the Performance Package....and let's see how accurate our perceptions / predictions are - when this thing hit's the roads.

We have a PP model on order, so I will be able to share some of those specs above.

It'll be slower 0-60 and 1/4 then the outgoing vehicle. Top speed will be a wash. But until Ford allows anyone to test the HOLY GRAIL then all we can do is speculate. Well we have 12 days until the embargo is lifted. This car better perform.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Car companies do this.. It was just a few months ago Ferrari lifted theirs on La Ferrari and that is, by a large margin, the fastest street car Ferrari has ever built. I don't see why it would be a problem that we don't know performance specs on a car that isn't in a single customers hands yet.

I'm not discounting this car, I can't imagine Ford putting all that work into a mostly new car and it won't outperform the outgoing model. I'm excited to see what it does.

1994:bored:

Users who are viewing this thread