Motorcyclists come on in (Cagers welcome too)

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
Hey Guys I noticed some of us ride motorcycles. Post up what you current ride, what else you have owned/ridden, and how long you have been on 2 wheels.

Ill start.

I just started riding last summer. I rode both a KAwi 250r and a 300. I currently own a 13 Ninja 650 and love it.

I borrowed a friends 600rr and r6 while I love the top end the mid range sucked.

I cant wait to pick up a Ducati 848 They look like sex!

Post em up guys!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Since you asked me about it. :-D

utf-8BSU1BRzAxMjEuanBDucSig.jpg

Brought it home Nov. 2010 and started riding regularly that day. It's a 2011 848 Evo and my first bike I've personally owned. Great starter bike, never been laid down and has good power! Baffle kit at the least is a must of you would rather pay $100 vs $1200+ for good slip ons. Picked up some power with the baffle kit which removed the cats. Thing want to pull the wheel up all the time now when before you could hammer and it would stay down.

Last edited:

KurtDog

Established Member
I've had two Yamaha 600's. An FZ-R and an FZ.

I not sure I will ever get another bike living in a big city. Too many bad drivers around.

If I ever move to the sticks I will probably get a chopper.

bumplime

Established Member
I no longer ride due to shoulder and knee pains. I started riding dirt bikes at 8, ridden everything from a PW80 to a CR500. Some of the funest were a Haqavarna 360 and a KDX 220. Moved to quads for about 6 years due to blood disorders and the inherent risk with bikes.
Street bikes came at 18 with a couple different Nighthawks, moved up to a Magna 1100. A few years away and then back onto a Suzuki C50, too slow and uncomfortable so I sold it. Last bike was a Star Raider...awesome and comfortable but ultimately sold it too. I've ridden many different bikes, CBR 600F2, KTM Super Duke, CBR1000RR. Miss riding at times but my joints remind me all the time why I sold them.

Coiled03

Established Member
I rode for 10 years on the street and road raced for one full season.

I don't ride at all right now, and probably won't anytime in the near future with a 2 year old daughter to look after.

Previous bikes:
FZR-600
CBR 600F2
ZX-7R
GSX-R 600

EB233HWT

Established Member
Started on a 250 4 years ago. Went to a honda f4i and after a couple seasons upgraded to my current bike, 2012 bmw s1000rr. What a rocket.

97samssnake

Established Member
Started on a '50 panhead, now have a 04 Vrod and 05 600rr. Not a day goes by that I wish they were kick started.

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
2007 CBR600RR

My first own bike, but I've ridden dirt bikes for a few years and used to take my dad's bike places for awhile.

Nice choice with the Ninja 650 those are great bikes

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Thinking about buying a bike, I really like Sport Bikes, specifically the Yamaha FZRs and YZF (older ones). I want something to take to the mountains or on scenic rides, not a daily thing. Any input?

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
I've had something like 30 street bikes. Every stock turbo except the Suzuki, first year 1000 Hurricane, first year Hayabusa, first year ZX-12, Valkyrie (to slow down), Road King (to fit in and go really slow), etc. Currently riding a first-gen V-Max but thinking about an FJR1300. Honestly, I know I want to ride but I don't know what I want to ride.

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
08 GSXR 600. 90 Suzuki Can o'Tuna. But my first and favorite two wheeler was a 1981 Suzuki JR-50. :burnout:

Last edited:

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
Thinking about buying a bike, I really like Sport Bikes, specifically the Yamaha FZRs and YZF (older ones). I want something to take to the mountains or on scenic rides, not a daily thing. Any input?

Well if you are new to motorcycles I would recommend the Ninja 650R or the Yamaha FZ6R

Personally I like the looks of the 650 more and the down low/ mid range that a V-twin provides.

The FZ6r has an inline 4 so its sounds better is I think teaches you better to move on to an R6, 600RR, ZX-6R or GSX-R.

My dream bike is the Ducati 848 and that has a v-twin as well so I chose the 650 to learn on/

clbailey

Established Member
Well if you are new to motorcycles I would recommend the Ninja 650R or the Yamaha FZ6R

Personally I like the looks of the 650 more and the down low/ mid range that a V-twin provides.

The FZ6r has an inline 4 so its sounds better is I think teaches you better to move on to an R6, 600RR, ZX-6R or GSX-R.

My dream bike is the Ducati 848 and that has a v-twin as well so I chose the 650 to learn on/

If someone has never ridden a street bike, or anything other than a dirtbike, I highly reccomend against anything other than something like a 2008+ Ninja 250r.

Too much, too soon on something like an FZ6r.

You will outgrow the 250 in no time, but its way different on bikes compared to cars.

Do some research, and leave the ego on what bike to get at home.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
If someone has never ridden a street bike, or anything other than a dirtbike, I highly reccomend against anything other than something like a 2008+ Ninja 250r.

You will outgrow the 250 in no time, but its way different on bikes compared to cars.

If he's got a 650 already and has had no issues then an 848 isn't going to kill him. I agree that when riding a bike your ego should always be left at the door, and if you can do so then the 848, gsxr750 or 675R is a great bike for anyone. They have the in between power that provides a good balance but still a thrill. I haven't even come close to unlocking the potential of my bike but still have fun on it no matter where I am. But with it being lighter with better brakes and great balance, it is ideal imo for every day riding to get you out of tight situations.

Juiced 66

Established Member
I've had damn near every sport bike through the years.. I sold my ZX10 a couple years ago to help pay for my 5.0, but I'll be back on soon. Once you've ridden a liter bike you will never go back to a 600 or smaller. All my bikes have been modded, and I'm wanting a new 10 or an R1, hope to buy one later this year.

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member

I disagree. I think it depends on the individual. If you're just trying save $ that might be a good choice. Most performance minded individuals would get bored with a 250 really quick. Your right hand mitigates a big part of how dangerous a bike is whether it be a 250 or a liter bike. Just my opinion.

stang1971

Established Member
i started in 03 on a 91 ex500...in late 04 i got a 94zx7...sold it for a 99zx9r..that was too much bike too soon... traded it in on a 05 600rr ( which was a blast to ride btw).... moved up in 07 to a 2007 zx10r... got into too many close calls with cars, animals..etc... sold it.... then in 2009 i bought a month old 2009 zx10r cuz i missed riding. By the time i got that bike i had racked up almost 100k of riding exp miles... july 3rd of 2009 a uninsured motorist changed my life... pulled out in front of me and almost killed me... 15 broken bones...ALOT of other injuries too... I didnt ride again till a month ago when i bought a brand new 2013 zx10r..

they key to riding is dont ride above ur abilities. TAKE the msf course or something of the same nature.Anyone that says its like riding a dirtbike is full of shit. The only thing related are the controls.. i have never counter steered a dirtbike at 80 mph on the hwy..lol the new kawasaki 300 is an amazing beginner bike, small enough to be very forgiving but still powerful and fun enough to enjoy the bike. Hope this helps... sorry about the rambling. oh..BUY GOOD GEAR!!!!!! no riding in t shirt and shorts... TRUST ME... you will rather sweat then bleed!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread