Motorcraft Battery

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
So I went to take my terminator to Cars & Coffee this last Saturday and it wouldn’t start battery was dead. Battery is a Motorcraft BXT-59 from 2019. The dealer I bought it from was closed. I called two other dealers one wanted $175! The other $215! Nope. Realized it was pro-rated up to 100 months. After almost going to Costco to get an Interstate for $110.

I called said dealer that was closed Saturday today told me won’t be pro-ration $76 with tax. Done I picked one up. That said pro-ration is done now thanks to the pandemic you get 36months free replacement and that’s it. I may hit up Costco then if this fails outside of 36 months. That said this said dealer I asked MSRP they said $139 plus tax with core. I about shit at the two other stealerships and there prices. The parts manager couldn’t believe it especially the $215 one.

4472b5919f3043f6fbdc6311032c78e0.jpg

See here 36 only. My old BXT-59 showed 3yr-36 37-100 pro-rated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capercode

Established Member
So I went to take my terminator to Cars & Coffee this last Saturday and it wouldn’t start battery was dead. Battery is a Motorcraft BXT-59 from 2019. The dealer I bought it from was closed. I called two other dealers one wanted $175! The other $215! Nope. Realized it was pro-rated up to 100 months. After almost going to Costco to get an Interstate for $110.

I called said dealer that was closed Saturday today told me won’t be pro-ration $76 with tax. Done I picked one up. That said pro-ration is done now thanks to the pandemic you get 36months free replacement and that’s it. I may hit up Costco then if this fails outside of 36 months. That said this said dealer I asked MSRP they said $139 plus tax with core. I about shit at the two other stealerships and there prices. The parts manager couldn’t believe it especially the $215 one.

4472b5919f3043f6fbdc6311032c78e0.jpg

See here 36 only. My old BXT-59 showed 3yr-36 37-100 pro-rated.

Ordered my Cobra in July of 02. Received the car first week of October. In 2012, I put a new Motorcraft battery in thats still in in today. The first battery never let me down, I just replaced it due to its age. I still have the original.

04Mike55

Established Member
Ordered my Cobra in July of 02. Received the car first week of October. In 2012, I put a new Motorcraft battery in thats still in in today. The first battery never let me down, I just replaced it due to its age. I still have the original.
I was really surprised how many years my original battery lasted too.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Motorcraft batteries are garbage nowadays. My 22's is already shitting the bed. Car is a whopping 11 months old. Can't wait for their excuses and half-cocked attempts to revive it to avoid having to put another one of their pos batteries in.

Come to think of it, the last motorcraft that I put in the Mach only lasted 18 months. That was in '13 or '14. Motorcraft batteries have been subpar to our originals for at least a decade.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think I got 4 years out of the batteries in my truck. I'm on my second set from O'Reillys. The last set made it just out of warranty time. I might go Costco next time.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
What is everyone using? I recently moved my battery to the trunk, it doesn't seem to like hot starts. I'm running another ground from the battery to the motor, but I was thinking I should buy a new battery as well. Its an older motorcraft

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
I think its partially the cars electrical requirements these days. Not that the batteries are getting worse. All the doo dads. Heated seats, screens, computers, sensors.

I dunno, getting really black pilled on newer cars lately.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My original lasted 8 years. I've been getting them at Auto Zone now. I guess Johnson controls makes them, same ones who made the OEM. My 18 150's is 5 years old. It's a AGM, not sure that makes a difference. Batteries usually last 3 years due to the heat we get.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
My original lasted 8 years. I've been getting them at Auto Zone now. I guess Johnson controls makes them, same ones who made the OEM. My 18 150's is 5 years old. It's a AGM, not sure that makes a difference. Batteries usually last 3 years due to the heat we get.

OEM battery on our 2019 Explorer (built 10/18) just crapped out. I put a Motorcraft back in, right or wrong.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I think its partially the cars electrical requirements these days. Not that the batteries are getting worse. All the doo dads. Heated seats, screens, computers, sensors.

There might be something to this. The original battery in my Roush lasted more than 10 years. But it sat on a battery tender most of it's life. I was bummed when I realized they didn't sell the green dot version anymore. Just the plain ole Motorcraft.

My wife's original F-150 battery died after about 4 years. I bought a cheap one from O'Rilley's and it lasted 3 years. The ones in my Mustangs seem to last 5 to 6 years sitting on a battery tender. The battery in my wife's 2014 F-150 (with all the bells and whistles), that's driven almost every day, only last about 3 years.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The battery doesn't take the load though. That's on the alternator. The battery is just to get the car started. Provided everything is working correctly.

I went with O'Reillys because they have a store where I visit in the summer. My thought process was having them as an option in case something goes wrong while I'm out there.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Motorcraft batteries are garbage nowadays. My 22's is already shitting the bed. Car is a whopping 11 months old. Can't wait for their excuses and half-cocked attempts to revive it to avoid having to put another one of their pos batteries in.

Come to think of it, the last motorcraft that I put in the Mach only lasted 18 months. That was in '13 or '14. Motorcraft batteries have been subpar to our originals for at least a decade.

This my 01 Cobra had ten years outta the original. The 04 had an Interstate when I bought it in 212. I put a Motorcraft battery in, in 2019 and it lasted 52 months. I’ve also heard Motorcraft batteries now a days are junk.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

I’ve heard AGM is better, they cost more, weigh more but last 10 years, no acid in them either. A friend of mine just put one in his 18 GT. You can buy them for older cars.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know Sears designed the original Diehard battery, which was a beast. Only battery I would use back in the day. With Sear defunct now, anyone know if the AutoZone Diehard battery is any different from the original Sears branded Diehard?

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
There might be something to this. The original battery in my Roush lasted more than 10 years. But it sat on a battery tender most of it's life. I was bummed when I realized they didn't sell the green dot version anymore. Just the plain ole Motorcraft.

My wife's original F-150 battery died after about 4 years. I bought a cheap one from O'Rilley's and it lasted 3 years. The ones in my Mustangs seem to last 5 to 6 years sitting on a battery tender. The battery in my wife's 2014 F-150 (with all the bells and whistles), that's driven almost every day, only last about 3 years.

I've read where the newer vehicles (not surf when it started) systems frequently use battery power to monitor and control systems, even when you and the key fob are out of range.
Don't hear it on the '19 Explorer, but I know my '20 Mustang makes some clicks and snaps all by itself when I'm out in the garage and the fobs in the house. Something about the different stages of sleep it goes into.

Users who are viewing this thread