Most N/A HP so far??

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Been looking around on a few sites and havent found much in the way of a solid answer.
Really just curios what the potential is almost a year after release.

myshelby3425

Established Member
Headers only and e85 tune makes 525-530whp. None of the intakes available are doing anything and no one has paired up the Borla exhaust yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Headers only and e85 tune makes 525-530whp. None of the intakes available are doing anything and no one has paired up the Borla exhaust yet

Borla won't do squat, I think one car making close to 530 has a full sw exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Voltwings

Established Member
I want to see a CJ intake + 5" intake. They do wonders on the 5.0, i would expect similar results here. Hell, FRPP even sells a 5.2 crate motor with the CJ intake...

Zemedici

Established Member
We just put SW Lts on a car and it made 510 after with our tune. Havent delved much deeper than basic bolt ons. Awaiting a certain turbo kit to release.....:D

myshelby3425

Established Member
Borla won't do squat, I think one car making close to 530 has a full sw exhaust.

SW is Stainless Works? They came out with headers for the GT350? Any links on this?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
SW is Stainless Works? They came out with headers for the GT350? Any links on this?

Sorry maybe it was kooks, all I recall is it had a full exhaust.

swedensky

Established Member
My kooks and orx on e85 is the highest I have seen, but I'm sure there are higher numbers. 525.8 rwhp

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Considering ~440-470 baselines, 525whp from full exhaust, tuning and e85 is excellent.

Back in my day, we used to have to change pulleys, swap heat exchangers, throttle body's, run hot air intakes, tune to the boarderline, and hope for luck to make 470whp. We even had to get out of our cars, and tighten our belts when we went on a boost binge.

If we wanted 500whp, we had to get out a bore drill, and machine our tooth upper intake or swap the whole thing off and get screwed for $3-5k+.

You guys have it way easier than we did. We even had to walk 5 miles to and from the ford dealer when we over heated sometimes. Cardboard shoes no less sometimes.

Last edited:

myshelby3425

Established Member
Considering ~440-470 baselines, 525whp from full exhaust, tuning and e85 is excellent.

Back in my day, we used to have to change pulleys, swap heat exchangers, throttle body's, run hot air intakes, tune to the boarderline, and hope for luck to make 470whp. We even had to get out of our cars, and tighten our belts when we went on a boost binge.

If we wanted 500whp, we had to get out a bore drill, and machine our tooth upper intake or swap the whole thing off and get screwed for $3-5k+.

You guys have it way easier than we did. We even had to walk 5 miles to and from the ford dealer when we over heated sometimes. Cardboard shoes no less sometimes.

Those numbers are with headers only with Stock mufflers still on the car. Stock mufflers from Borlas findings shrink down to 2 1/4 inside.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That's probably restricting 10whp at least to be honest. Probably closer to 15

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member

Hell at least you guys had built engines from the factory and a factory blower.. Us 96-98 guys, had to buy a blower, and build the damn engine, oh and upgrade the fuel system to get to over 500rwhp..

We had to walk 15 miles in the snow, in nothing but shorts and a tank top..

ahahahahaah but seriously the new 350's are pretty incredible.

Elnrownr

4.slow
Established Member
My car made 531. Intake headers orx and E85. It was a really cool day though.

Voltwings

Established Member
Those numbers are with headers only with Stock mufflers still on the car. Stock mufflers from Borlas findings shrink down to 2 1/4 inside.

That's probably restricting 10whp at least to be honest. Probably closer to 15

Depends, and i'm just being super nit picky here to keep things fair and honest.

Is that a single chamber of 2.25" ? If so, that is incredibly small and likely a massive restriction. However, if they're talking about 2.25 getting down to where it splits at the tips and its actually 2 sections of 2.25" running in parallel then the total area is actually about the equivalent of a single 3.2" pipe. Again, just being super nit picky for the sake of making sure i'm on the same page here.

myshelby3425

Established Member
Depends, and i'm just being super nit picky here to keep things fair and honest.

Is that a single chamber of 2.25" ? If so, that is incredibly small and likely a massive restriction. However, if they're talking about 2.25 getting down to where it splits at the tips and its actually 2 sections of 2.25" running in parallel then the total area is actually about the equivalent of a single 3.2" pipe. Again, just being super nit picky for the sake of making sure i'm on the same page here.

No it doesn't split and come out of 2 sections. It's a flap and one side closes.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
525-530 from bolt ons, tune, and fuel is outstanding.

Wonder what one of these 530whp cars would trap... 120-125mph?

Yes I know they aren't drag cars, but 1/4 trap speed is a GREAT indicator of wheel horsepower.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
525-530 from bolt ons, tune, and fuel is outstanding.

Wonder what one of these 530whp cars would trap... 120-125mph?

Yes I know they aren't drag cars, but 1/4 trap speed is a GREAT indicator of wheel horsepower.

115-119mph traps are common with bone stock 350's and 350r's when driven very well.

I could see 125+ pretty easily happening with a 530whp gt350r. 122-123+ from a gt350.

Conditions, driver, and all variables included, 120-125 would be child's play. I think a hero run might see 128mph in a 530whp gt350r.

C6 z's have trapped well into 130+ with 530whp, add 400lbs, factor in aero, bla bla, 125-128 is still doable in a 350r with 530+.

swedensky

Established Member
Well I'm thinking of heading to the strip tomorrow night. Not a pro driver by any means but I'll see what I can trap

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Well I'm thinking of heading to the strip tomorrow night. Not a pro driver by any means but I'll see what I can trap

Good luck man, north of 120 will mean you've done good, north of 125 will mean you've done great. North of 130 means you're cheating and have nos so no one will like you. My bet is you'll peg around a 123.75-124.25mph.

Users who are viewing this thread