Moser axles

2011roush

Established Member
Anyone have experience with the moser axles in the 2011 up mustangs. My wife's has a bent right rear axle that needs replaced. Ford wants over 600.00 for the right side and I can buy the mosers for 369.00 an install them myself. Just curios if there were any fitment or abs issues.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
A bent axle should be covered under your power train warranty, you shouldn't have to pay anything at all...

2011roush

Established Member
A bent axle should be covered under your power train warranty, you shouldn't have to pay anything at all...

I agree. I went round and round trying to get a lf bearing replaced. First they said it was fine when I asked why it had up an down movement they said it was normal. When I asked what was acceptable they said they didn't know. When I told him to use that box in front of him called a computer and call me bak with the allowable movement is when they realized they had no out. I asked about the axle and they said it was bent however it was from a pot hole. I asked if the 20" made in china wheel was bent or had damage he said no. However ford is not willing to help. However we both agree that my 20" made in china roush wheel is stronger than fords steel axle shaft so I figured I would upgrade.

PushingSpokes

Established Member
I agree. I went round and round trying to get a lf bearing replaced. First they said it was fine when I asked why it had up an down movement they said it was normal. When I asked what was acceptable they said they didn't know. When I told him to use that box in front of him called a computer and call me bak with the allowable movement is when they realized they had no out. I asked about the axle and they said it was bent however it was from a pot hole. I asked if the 20" made in china wheel was bent or had damage he said no. However ford is not willing to help. However we both agree that my 20" made in china roush wheel is stronger than fords steel axle shaft so I figured I would upgrade.

Um I have 20" wheels and had a bent axle. My dealer replaced it for me on my third visit/complaint. I got fed up and went straight to the Service Managers office on my third visit.

I hope you don't have to pay for it. But if you do choose the Moser axles let us know how the install goes for you. Good luck.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your situation. Moser makes a great product and work very well. Many racer's have been using them for many years. I personally run them in mine and will swear by them. Launch my car at 5500rpms

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Got the mosers in my car, no abs rings on mine (so the brake light is on) but they are tough. take the transbrake launches without an issue.

2011roush

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your situation. Moser makes a great product and work very well. Many racer's have been using them for many years. I personally run them in mine and will swear by them. Launch my car at 5500rpms

Do you run the abs rings on yours and if so did you reuse the old ones?

Radar Doc

Established Member
I ran Moser 31-spline axles in my '94 GT with a 351/Procharger back in the day. I bought new ABS rings from Ford for the axles, heated them up and they slid right on. Couldn't have been happier. If I were replacing my axles today, I'd go Moser.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
I have heard great things about Moser. If it were me I would just pay out of pocket and upgrade them, that way you won't have to deal with this again.

2011roush

Established Member
I have heard great things about Moser. If it were me I would just pay out of pocket and upgrade them, that way you won't have to deal with this again.

That is exactly what I think. Just take the opportunity to upgrade.

wazslow

Established Member
I wouldnt put a moser product in my lawn mower let alone my car. I broke a set of their axles at the track and stuffed my car in the wall. Not a 2011+ mustang. It was a 90lx turbo car(in my sig). If you do a little research I can promise you I am not the only one that had issues with Moser. I will only run Strange or MW products from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread