More Ported Short Runner Results!

Nazman

Established Member
Ok,

Today we got to spend some quality time at the dyno with a Marauder! Yes!

We did some back to back testing of one of our custom Ported Short Runner intake on STOCK long block Marauder (same motor as the Automatic Mach 1s).

Here is the combination BEFORE DYNO:

Custom Cold Air Intake
Ported Intake (belive it was ported by Steen Racing)
Welded Glass Packs
No Tune

The combination AFTER DYNO:

Everything the same, replaced ported intake with Nazty Performance Ported Short Runner Intake.

RHWP:

03-04Marauder_NaztyPortedShortRunne.gif

RWTQ:

03-04Marauder_NaztyPortedShortRu-1.gif

Unfortunately, we did not have a stock intake to compare with! We estimate that the gains would have been 30+RWHP when compared to the stock intake, effectively extending the RPM range well within the stock parameters!

Another thing to notice is that we did not touch the tune. With tuning, we anticipate another easy 10+RWHP gains!!!

Just for "hey lets try this" we bolted a Nazty Ported Intake (fully ported/TIG welded, stock runner lenght) and it made another 8RWHP/TQ on top of the already ported intake!

Have some more pics and videos to load later this evening!

Naz

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Very nice numbers Carlos! basically from 4400rpm to where you shutdown the PSR made more horsepower and torque everywhere throughout.

Mr Patience

Canadian Eh!
Established Member
I'll be on the dyno for a re-tune in the next few weeks. Changes are a Naz PSR and LT headers. I'll post the results when complete.

Nazman

Established Member
Here are a few photos of the intakes!

From Left to Right:

Nazty Ported & TIG weled (stock runner lenght) Ported Intake
Nazty Ported Short Runner Intake
Ported Intake

PIC_0006.gif

From Left to Right:

Ported Intake
Nazty Ported Short Runner
Nazty Ported & TIG Welded (Stock Runner Lenght)

PIC_0007.gif

Video coming soon!

Naz

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
Here are a few photos of the intakes!

From Left to Right:

Nazty Ported & TIG weled (stock runner lenght) Ported Intake
Nazty Ported Short Runner Intake
Ported Intake

PIC_0006.gif

From Left to Right:

Ported Intake
Nazty Ported Short Runner
Nazty Ported & TIG Welded (Stock Runner Lenght)

PIC_0007.gif

Video coming soon!

Naz

WOW :coolman: Well done Carlos

Kreep306

Established Member
Naz, Which one of your intakes would benefit my 04 N/A Mach PM details my friend just had his 4v heads and 03 cobra intake done by you and I was very impressed.

omj

Established Member
Do all the Marauders powerbands fall off at ~6K? I was hoping to push my Cobra toward 7200rpms.

Nazman

Established Member
Do all the Marauders powerbands fall off at ~6K? I was hoping to push my Cobra toward 7200rpms.

They have the same motor as the auto Mach 1s. That means the same baby cams. Limiting power production.

Your power band will be extended to ~6800-7000RPMs. No worries there.

Another thing to consider is the stock tune. Timing/Fuel is very much affected in stock applications. EEC pulls lots of timing and adds lots of fuel on the very top, killing and shorthening powerbands.

Naz

omj

Established Member
Cool. Thanks for the info. Did you intake ship this week? No rush, I'm just trying to decide whether to go home this weekend or not.

Nazman

Established Member
No AFRs. All we have was a FAST Dual WB set-up and we elected not to utilize it.

I'm putting together a Nazty Performance long block right (stock short block) now which will become a dyno mule for the HCI packages and what not, .....we will have some good data coming very soon!

Naz

tistan

Established Member
What is the difference between the ported stock intake and the ported and tigged stock runner length intake?

97V8SHO

F-22 Crew Chief
Established Member
No AFRs. All we have was a FAST Dual WB set-up and we elected not to utilize it.

I'm putting together a Nazty Performance long block right (stock short block) now which will become a dyno mule for the HCI packages and what not, .....we will have some good data coming very soon!

Naz

I'll trade you my stock engine with heads and everything for your monster 4.6 you built...only has 5K on the short block and 37K on the heads, so how about it?:-D

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
Off to the track today with my psr installed. Will have numbers tonight, and going back to the dyno tuesday night for number also.

Users who are viewing this thread