More Nitrous no gains!!!

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Well I went to Orlando Speed World yesterday, we had perfect weather and the track was working well. Ran 10.19@133mph and a hand full of low 10.20 passes all at 133mph with 1.40 - 1.44 , 60ft times. This was on a 250 shot through a high output plate that I ran 10.25@133mph on a 200shot the week before??? Not sure why I didn't pick up any mph, and very minimum ET gains!!! Maybe stock intake manifold, or stock headers are hurting me, or maybe I need to go direct port with my setup?? Sure was hoping to run 9's with a 200-250 shot!!!

hitmix300

Established Member
same tire pressure? You're starting to spray right at the same time? what was the DA difference that day, same track & prep? what was your 60ft the other day? the stock intake manifold isn't hurting you as long as your tune has it shifting at the proper time. headers help no doubt. I cannot believe you're low 10s man, congrats! I would say it's time to start spraying proper.

any datalogs?

You're leaning pretty hard on that plate kit, don't let it screw you. Buy my direct port manifold that I have.

Last edited:

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
same tire pressure? You're starting to spray right at the same time? what was the DA difference that day, same track & prep? what was your 60ft the other day? the stock intake manifold isn't hurting you as long as your tune has it shifting at the proper time. headers help no doubt. I cannot believe you're low 10s man, congrats! I would say it's time to start spraying proper.

any datalogs?

You're leaning pretty hard on that plate kit, don't let it screw you. Buy my direct port manifold that I have.

I data log every pass. Tire pressure is 18psi every pass. 60ft times from last time were identical 1.40 - 1.44. Spraying at the same time on the progressive controller. Shifting at 72-7300rpm. And um PLEASE PM me a price on a direct port manifold!!!
Oh and DA was WAY BETTER yesterday , last week it was 1400 ft yesterday it was -524

Last edited:

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
4an is what NX sent me but I think the plate is just drilled to small because I went from a .78 N20 jet to a .136 N20 jet with little gain!!! Not to mention the fuel jetting change was minimal also to dial in the short term fuel trim. Went from a .29 to a .32 fuel jet with MS103 race gas.
Screenshot_2014-09-18-13-36-14.png

Last edited:

Justin81

Established Member
Probably pushing through that loose torque converter. You may need to drop it back a level with that thing (Tighten it up a few hundred.)

toomnymods

Established Member
thiers always the limitations of the stock internals such as cams and stock manifolds.. I'm really suprised you have been as successfull as you have been already without upgrading headers and cams. those two items play a major role in how the power is made and disposed of.. The more efficiently it's done the more power you will make :)
I'm not even going to bother with nitrous with this car as it's just a tease,lol I want the power 100% the time. With my last car anything over a 90 shot the small cams just couldnt breathe and get the exhaust gasses out fast enough for the power it was making. once I added cams i gained nearly a second of e.t. with the same shot of nitrous because the efficiency went way up.
I don't think the 5.0 coyote platform is plagued as bad as my last car but I'd definatly look into some ARH long tubes or Kooks longtubes.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
OP, have you flowed the plate yet? That will tell you if it's the kit or if it's something else.

Here's a link with instructions.

It's important to keep all variables the same, bottle pressure, ambient temp, time, etc.

Flow the plate, then report back. If you want, I'll look over your logs of your .078 and .136 passes and give you my opinion. PM me if you'd like.

http://blog.nitrousoutlet.com/how-to-flow-consumption-test-your-system/

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Probably pushing through that loose torque converter. You may need to drop it back a level with that thing (Tighten it up a few hundred.)

I'm sure he's locking the converter and I don't see it blowing through a locked up multi-disk but anything is possible.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
I will try flowing the system. But I'm almost certain its the plate restricting the flow. It picked up from 130mph with a 150 shot to 133 with a 200 shot and is still at 133 with a 250 shot

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Reason i asked about 4an or 6an is because you're on the boarder line of the 4an having enough flow. You may need a bottle with a high flow valve and a 6an feed line

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
You're on a -4 main feed? Any 45 or 90* fittings in line before it gets to the plate? A -4 is flow limited around 200-220whp worth of nitrous so you might need to step it up to a -6 if you want to get full value out of the plate. I think the plate itself will flow more than enough for a 250whp shot

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
I talked to them at Nitrous Express and they said the 4 an line is around .125 and the lightning N20 solenoid is around .93 so it must be a plate restriction!! To send it back and they can add another discharge hole in the plate for nitrous. Anything more than 250 needs 6an feed line and .125 N20 solenoid.

Last edited:

Justin81

Established Member
I'm sure he's locking the converter and I don't see it blowing through a locked up multi-disk but anything is possible.

What makes you so sure? And who's to say the clutches aren't slipping if they are being locked? What point in the run does the converter lock? It's all very important info to a car that stops gaining MPH with the addition of more NOS.

It would be wise to calculate slippage at the 1/4 with the big shot.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
well if it was the clutches is slipping I would think it would be a lot more inconsistent?especially down low where most of the torque is leaving the line, I would think that the shifts would be very inconsistent also

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread