More Nitrous no gains!!!

CPRsm

Converter slip after locking is unlikely but possible. It can be logged.
If the plate was a problem, you should see the stft's start pulling after the hit. Upping the jets but restricting the nitrous would cause about 50hp too much fuel. Would be the same as you adding jet to just the fuel side.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
The stft adding about 8% on the lean spike or the hit and then looks good and then pulls 0 to 5% for the run. I really had to reduce the fuel jet size to dial in the stft. They recommend a .46 N20 jet but I needed a .32 jet to dial in stft.

Justin81

Established Member
I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on 6R80 and Multi disc lock up stuff. I do 2 and 3 speed stuff. I'm just offering a different approach to the issue. I deal with Nitrous cars every day with converters that become too loose when they see extra spray. I'm not sure just how loose a 4C really is but i'd be willing to bet if the OP called Chris at Circle D and told him he was spraying 250 at it and having this issue he'd agree with me to tighten it up. If he is locking the clutch pack in the tune it may not be until later in the run after the converter has been logging 15,25-35% slip for the first 1/2 the track.

I wonder if you could unlock the converter for a full run and see how it acts. If it slows down and slips like a mofo than I'd say the converter is too loose. JMO

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Sounds like you're not getting nitrous flow. There's a restriction somewhere. First step is to flow the plate on both the .078 and .136 jetting.

CPRsm

Sounds like you're not getting nitrous flow. There's a restriction somewhere. First step is to flow the plate on both the .078 and .136 jetting.
I think so. Sound like he tuned the kit around a shortage of nitrous. Chart shows about 2-3 fuel jets for ea 50hp of nitrous. .32 on what should be a .46 or close to it, needs more nitrous.

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on 6R80 and Multi disc lock up stuff. I do 2 and 3 speed stuff. I'm just offering a different approach to the issue.
Not at all don't take it the wrong way. Different ideas and spitballing will help figure it out or lead to another door to close. I can see excessive slip before the converter locks up w bigger shot for sure. Close attention to the 330 might help finding that.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Its been really consistent all the way down the track. From start to finish. Also Lund tried unlocking the converter once before for the whole pass it didn't help at all. I'm gonna flow the plate tonight and see what I find. I think the big reason for the much smaller fuel jet is due to the MS103 fuel because I had the same situation with the other NX plate kit with the small solenoids.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
That could be also. A quick look and I didn't see the stoich value. Ms109 is lower than gas. If 103 is like 109, that would be a reason for less fueling requirements, and totally acceptable

+1

CPRsm

Should be the close to pure gas.

Correction, ms109 needs more fuel. It's early on Monday out here, leave me alone lol
Makes it look even more like a nitrous flow problem

Last edited:

04compgt

Established Member
The 4c is not a problem that same converter has been 8s on a turbo car. My personal car has a 5c and has been 9.6s, sounds like the plate is maxed out.

Justin81

Established Member
So converters are interchangeable between Nitrous and Turbo cars? Is your 5C behind a nitrous car?

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Here is the latest , I took the plate apart which has two .62 holes in it for N20 and is the equivalent of one .87 hole. So I added a 3rd hole between the two existing holes thus giving me the same as one .111 hole. This is from NX directly. I was told the 4an feed line will flow 250-300 no problem, and the solenoid I have is .93 diameter orifice. So if this doesn't do the trick I need there larger .125 N20 solenoid and 6an feed line.

CPRsm

Oh god, jet the fuel UP!!!! Lol
Flow is not equal to area size. But jet up more than the instructions say by a few and check the stft's first.

CPRsm

Make sure to get all the chips out of that rail, too. They like to hang on the back of the hole out of site. Have to work to get the little buggers out

Users who are viewing this thread