More Millennials and Gen Z'ers need to read this article.

TORQUERULES

Established Member

I love the part about everybody thinking its cool to have a mental health issue. I blame TikTok for that.

BTW, I know nothing about this website, but I thought the article was pretty much spot-on.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
LOL, I'm an old grumpy Gen X'er who does not need an article to tell me what I already think/know.....

That the majority of Millennials and Gen Z'ers have their heads up their asses and their way of thinking is sad, pathetic and wrong in general.

All this crap about everyone gets a trophy, we are all equal (I'm speaking educationally and financially) and people can identify as whatever they want BS.....

And I whole heartedly agree with #7 LMAO!!!

Last edited:

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Hmm, I just found out I've been a fatophobe my whole Boomer existence...

1685033763472.gif

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
This might be the best thread ever for my grumpy ass. lol I'm not sure when it happened, but I've reached the point where I find myself despising everything about the younger generation(s). I imagine anyone older than me has gone through the same, but modern society has accelerated the process. Or I'm just an ornery prick.

I'm technically on the front end of the Millennial wave and it pisses me off because I absolutely do not share the stereotypical characteristics. Maybe those of you who share this sentiment will chime in and add to the list.

-I'm quite literally the grouchy 38-year old man who lives on the corner bitching about high schoolers speeding, blowing stop signs, and throwing their garbage in my finely-manicured lawn.
-I get dressed every morning in real clothing, not pajama pants and Crocs. This includes weekends.
-I cut my hair (high and tight, no fluffy douchebaggery) and maintain my beard.
-I don't even bring my phone into the gym. It's never been "Thumb Day" for me.
-I use turn signals and still believe in the concept of following distance.
-If I'm going to smoke, give me a grit. No cotton candy quitter clouds for me.
-I can drive all the way home from work without checking my phone.
-I find myself having to ask my 28-year old fiancee what some words mean nowadays. "Bussin" was a great example. Also, "bet" in a context that makes no sense.
-I do not need to have some sort of Bluetooth device in my ear at all times. Matter of fact, I don't even own anything of the sort.
-I don't turn on the a/c when the temp gets above 70. I whine all winter about the cold so now I want to enjoy the warmth.
-What passes as talent is unreal.
-Work ethic? What's that? I showed up 3 out of 5 days this week so you should give me a raise.
-...etc, dammit.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My daughter is 14. I'm gonna be 50 in October.

We have some enlightened conversations. Her teachers, classmates, and their younger parents all fully embrace these new values. I ensure her this is only a fad and the pendulum will absolutely autocorrect and swing the other way. Trying to get her to see that she doesn't deserve a trophy for participating and that every task you do, do it at 110%. Whether anyone is watching or not. I could go on; but the brainwashing is strong. Daaaaaddddd.... ...you're so old. lol.

I will not submit and I will not raise a victim-in-waiting.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
This might be the best thread ever for my grumpy ass. lol I'm not sure when it happened, but I've reached the point where I find myself despising everything about the younger generation(s). I imagine anyone older than me has gone through the same, but modern society has accelerated the process. Or I'm just an ornery prick.

I'm technically on the front end of the Millennial wave and it pisses me off because I absolutely do not share the stereotypical characteristics. Maybe those of you who share this sentiment will chime in and add to the list.

-I'm quite literally the grouchy 38-year old man who lives on the corner bitching about high schoolers speeding, blowing stop signs, and throwing their garbage in my finely-manicured lawn.
-I get dressed every morning in real clothing, not pajama pants and Crocs. This includes weekends.
-I cut my hair (high and tight, no fluffy douchebaggery) and maintain my beard.
-I don't even bring my phone into the gym. It's never been "Thumb Day" for me.
-I use turn signals and still believe in the concept of following distance.
-If I'm going to smoke, give me a grit. No cotton candy quitter clouds for me.
-I can drive all the way home from work without checking my phone.
-I find myself having to ask my 28-year old fiancee what some words mean nowadays. "Bussin" was a great example. Also, "bet" in a context that makes no sense.
-I do not need to have some sort of Bluetooth device in my ear at all times. Matter of fact, I don't even own anything of the sort.
-I don't turn on the a/c when the temp gets above 70. I whine all winter about the cold so now I want to enjoy the warmth.
-What passes as talent is unreal.
-Work ethic? What's that? I showed up 3 out of 5 days this week so you should give me a raise.
-...etc, dammit.
I'm 55 and my wife is 31, so I understand this pain. Probably more so. Though she is smart, works hard, and has a great job, so she has that over a lot of her peers.

Blown 89

Established Member
It is for them. They take pride in poor mental health. Its exasperating and baffling.
The argument around mental disorders being cool doesn't end at trannies and losers, the conservative side has glorified PTSD to the same extent and it all precedes tiktok. I think it started in the 90's when we began idolizing ****ed up musicians, crazy Hollywood stars, etc. Between kids in the 90's cutting themselves and the glorified angst of Marylin Manson, NIN, Angelina Jolie, etc we learned that being ****ed up was cool long before social media. I don't understand why people take pride in the negative aspects of life. It must make them feel special.

Boomers and Gen X should stop complaining about kids, they raised these retards to be like this. Boomers are known for refusing to take responsibility for things so I shouldn't be shocked.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
How about the kids who have to tag along with mommy and daddy because they don't have friends? My wife's friend basically invited herself over tomorrow and justified it by bringing pizza. Next thing you know she's calling and asking to bring her pig daughter. My wife said "How can I say no?" I said give me the phone and I'll show you.

VegasMichael

Established Member
The argument around mental disorders being cool doesn't end at trannies and losers, the conservative side has glorified PTSD to the same extent and it all precedes tiktok. I think it started in the 90's when we began idolizing ****ed up musicians, crazy Hollywood stars, etc. Between kids in the 90's cutting themselves and the glorified angst of Marylin Manson, NIN, Angelina Jolie, etc we learned that being ****ed up was cool long before social media. I don't understand why people take pride in the negative aspects of life. It must make them feel special.

Boomers and Gen X should stop complaining about kids, they raised these retards to be like this. Boomers are known for refusing to take responsibility for things so I shouldn't be shocked.
No.
The MSM and social media raised these kids. Told them that anything they did or thought or said was fine as long as it didn't physically harm someone else.
Parents fought back on that and were told they were cruel and abusive and were summarily shamed and would be contacted by child protective services and lawyers and every other yo-yo.
Dr. Spock raised these kids when he said parents were too hard on kids. And that parents should not be stern or discipline their kids with punishment because it was mean.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The mental disorder needs to include being gay, tranny, etc..., since this current generation wears it as a red badge of courage and seems to encourage such nonsense. These people know only how to follow rather than being true leaders.
In the US it did until 2015 and by WHO until 2019. Gender Identity Disorder.

Users who are viewing this thread