Montana?

GoatDaddy

I've seen the way your pimp beats you, Greg. No thanky. Besides, I'm done with the Yugo. The way all those Latina hotties would check me out when I was out cruising made the Mrs. jealous. Time for a sedate family car that doesn't draw attention. Any suggestions?
And the sugar bowl is MINE, remember?!?

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
Ok im gonna try and revive the Montana thread again! Any current or former Montanan's out there post some of your kills, bs, or anything on your mind so we can get life back in the bigsky thread, cuz there is about a foot of snow here and its still coming down so I need some entertainment. Ben I know you have a bunch of good stories!:beer:

montanagrog

Established Member
Missoula here. Haven't been in this part of the forums to check things out in a long while. Snow and cold. -10 right now and I think we are the warm part of the state.

Future 5.0 -have you checked out the 5 Valley Mustang Club here? That is the official club here. But then there is our 'un-official' club that meets thursday nites at the Lolo Tavern in Lolo for burgers and brewskies. About 6:30 - 7:00 pm. Come on out and have some fun. Usaully just a bunch of us bs'ing and having something to do until the snow is gone. If you want more info e-mail me - [email protected]

montanagrog

Established Member
Chemicals_5000 -I'll be up in your neck of the woods in about two weekends. Have a friend with a Boss 302 track car I'll be helping paint. We used to say that you could always tell someone was from Great Falls because they walked tilted to one side due to the wind that's always blowing there.

co3bra

Established Member
Quote:
ONe of the reasons I left is because some farmer was wanting me to pay child support for half his damn flock. Okay, a few were mine, but the rest didn't even look like me!

Dude: that is the funniest thing I've read in a loooong time. F*@king hilarious.

:lol:

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
Originally posted by montanagrog
Missoula here. Haven't been in this part of the forums to check things out in a long while. Snow and cold. -10 right now and I think we are the warm part of the state.

Future 5.0 -have you checked out the 5 Valley Mustang Club here? That is the official club here. But then there is our 'un-official' club that meets thursday nites at the Lolo Tavern in Lolo for burgers and brewskies. About 6:30 - 7:00 pm. Come on out and have some fun. Usaully just a bunch of us bs'ing and having something to do until the snow is gone. If you want more info e-mail me - [email protected]

I just moved out of missoula finished my last semester at the U. 5 1/2 long years of uneducation j/k! Dennis Do you know anyone who is a member of the Billings Mustang and specialty ford club? I want to join it. Im a member of the Yellowstone Roaring 20's club have been since before i could walk. Oh and is your 94 cobra red? I remember seeing one a couple of times on reserve by mullan road with a nice sounding exhaust?

Last edited:

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
Originally posted by zorba46
I love Montana.I fly fish the Missouri and the Madison every July.
Real BIG SKY.

You should fly fish the Bighorn river next-time you are out here it is a very good spot. I used to fish the Madison alot until the whirling disease got so bad.

montanagrog

Established Member
Accually that's not far from the truth about the education at U of M! I don't personally know anyone in the Billings club. I got out of Mustangs (sold all 21), about 17 years ago, and then bought my Cobra about 3 years ago. Now am slowly getting back into them.
Yes my Cobra is Rio Red. I posted a picture a few days ago on SN95 forum. I'm as stock as it came from the factory though, altough the exhaust does sound a little louder than other stock Cobras I've seen. Oh I got a mod -removed the air silencer! There is a red GT Fobra faker here that is loud. I've never seen him run, but have been told he's fast.

Anyone make it to Missoula for the International Mustang meet?

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
I found the pictures of your cars a very nice stable you have there! Your 94 is exactly like the one I remember seeing. Any of your fox bodies supercharged? I heard there is a 91 or so in missoula that is running 18psi just wondering if it was yours or someone you know?:thumbsup:

Future 5.0

Established Member
Missoula here, small world it is! I would be interested in seeing your cars or meeting you, but from the dates that you have posted i think we are a few generations off. Doesn't matter but what does your LX look think, may have seen it around. Reply back if your interested:coolman:

montanagrog

Established Member
Mine are just n/a. My son own's the 89 GT Convert. and the previous owner had it blown to about 700hp, but he liked the car so well he seldom raced it. He found a 89 notch and transfered the big motor to it. There is a black 91 notch that is suppose to have 700-750 hp but I've only seen him run once and it wasn't showing that. Might have been a bad day. There are a couple other blown fox cars that I don't know the owners personally so can't vouche for thier performance. I don't get involved in street racing so I don't get much info on those cars.

Do you know of a young kid that is suppose to have a Honda that runs 10s from Billings? He was working at Best Buy here and then disappeared. He was trying to get everyone stirred up until he got called out. Said he had a performance shop in Billings.

Future 5.0

Established Member
Do you know what kind of Honda that the kid was driving, may know who it is, heard a lot of hype?! I have seen a black hatch in town before but never a 700hp notch, that would be insane.

Jayson

montanagrog

Established Member
Future 5.0 - oh age doesn't matter! I'm refusing to grow up,
(atleast that's what my wife says). If you are younger, and been around Missoula, I might know of you as for having kids that just went thru high school at Big Sky.

There is a picture of all three of our cars on the sn95 forum about a week ago. I will e-mail you with phone #s.

Future 5.0

Established Member
Sweet, i am actually sitting at Sentinel as we speak, I am looking for your pics on the SN95 forum, and I can email once i get away from school (school policy=no email). It is actually my Bday today!

Jayson

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
Originally posted by montanagrog

Do you know of a young kid that is suppose to have a Honda that runs 10s from Billings? He was working at Best Buy here and then disappeared. He was trying to get everyone stirred up until he got called out. Said he had a performance shop in Billings. [/B]

I've never heard of that honda? hmm I will ask around as I know a few people who worked at best buy in missoula. 10 seconds is so fast I have a hard time believing that, Id have to call him out if I ran into him. No shame in losing to a 10 second car if its true.

montanagrog

Established Member
Originally posted by Future 5.0
Sweet, i am actually sitting at Sentinel as we speak, I am looking for your pics on the SN95 forum, and I can email once i get away from school (school policy=no email). It is actually my Bday today!

Jayson

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!:beer: Enjoy!

I graduated from Sentinel. Oh just a couple years ago. Had a shop teacher with a 66 corvette, got fired for doing a burn-out in the shop. He was just showing us how a cam leveled out as the rpms increased.:rockon:

I am around home alot as my office is there. So holler when you can.

montanagrog

Established Member
The racing Honda never materialized, just the talk. He drove a dark green 4 door Honda with a big silver wing for a daily driver. i just wanted to see the car run. I respect anything that can turn good times.

vortechlx - do you ever get over this side of the divide? You said you were in a 20s club, what does that consist of? Shows? Meets?

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
Our club mainly does events in and around billings. The roaring 20's is a specialty auto club not limited to just 1920 models due the the lack of running cars that old. Its mainly a car enthusiast club focused on older cars in general. Our car is an all original 55' ford fairlane. We have meetings at our clubhouse every month, likewise we have an annual car show and swap meet. Every summer we have a picnic at pioneer park with our sister club the goggles and dusters, where we bring out the old cars to the park and just bs for a day. Also we participate in "burn the point" an event every labor day weekend in billings. Burn the Point is alot of classics and hotrods that line up for a parade then rod around downtown its pretty fun. I was in missoula for the international mustang meet this year luckily I still lived in missoula then, and it was a nice show. I still have family in missoula and have to go back in May for graduation ceremonies. So I dont expect to be back in missoula very often untill christmas we rotate missoula to billings every year.

Users who are viewing this thread