Montana?

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
I live in Montana! I know this reply is a little late, but I just joined the site. Post any questions you have i'll try to answer them, Im a lifelong resident and run my red pony in the high altitude.

Last edited:

GoatDaddy

Just seeing what the MT hotrod scene was. I lived there (NW corner) until I was 18, and it was more pickup trucks and gun racks than street rods. I was in Billings this time last year visiting my sister and her family. pretty dry and cold.

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
What town did you live in? Well it is true there are still many pickups with loud exhaust on them that guys think are fast. I get really tired of being reved at by 4x4 owner's who think they can impress me, but for the most part the nice cars are not seen very often. I only put 291 miles on my car last year and know alot of guys who have nice cars that only take them out to car club meetings and shows due to the climate up here. I saw a 427 lingenfelter camaro the other day and was pretty shocked to see that running around with montana plates. Im sure it isnt much different than when you left with the exeption of all the compacts that look ridiculous running around, but that is going on everywhere, it just doesnt represent the true enthusiasts that have their show cars in the garage. send me a pm if you are going to be in billings again!

Future 5.0

Established Member
Yep, maybe you could drive over to Ms. oula and we could go kill some Ramjet's, 67 SS, and cook up some rice for dinner! Just a thought.

Jayson

GoatDaddy

Is the rice in Missoula that bad? MT is in the best part of hunting season right now, if I remember correctly.

Future 5.0

Established Member
Yes, you remebered right, the hunting season is actually just ending this Sunday.
But the rice is a terrible problem here, and the worst part is that it is only getting worse:xpl:

Last edited:

El trucko

Established Member
Originally posted by Future 5.0
Yes, you remebered right, the hunting season is actually just ending this Sunday.
But the rice is a terrible problem here, and the worst part is that it is only getting worse:xpl:

I moved to Seattle from Missoula this summer. Watch out for a few of the WRX's out there. My cousin lives there and he has a stage 4+ kit on his '03 and his friend has one that has a few more mods than that.

GoatDaddy

Originally posted by El trucko
I moved to Seattle from Missoula this summer. Watch out for a few of the WRX's out there. My cousin lives there and he has a stage 4+ kit on his '03 and his friend has one that has a few more mods than that.

If the car actually has something under the hood, I don't consider it rice. I reserve my contempt for the body-kitted, stickered, winged, fart-piped, neoned, ground-scraping, bass-thumping, pimple-faced punkass-driven, stock-engined econo POSmobiles that look like a leftover prop from a low-budget video game commercial.

El trucko

Established Member
Originally posted by snail50
If the car actually has something under the hood, I don't consider it rice. I reserve my contempt for the body-kitted, stickered, winged, fart-piped, neoned, ground-scraping, bass-thumping, pimple-faced punkass-driven, stock-engined econo POSmobiles that look like a leftover prop from a low-budget video game commercial.

:lol: I agree. There is (was) a blue cavalier that parked at the university that had a huge spoiler on back. The car was a piece of junk and the spoiler looked like a huge aluminum picnic table glued on to the trunk. That must really help with all the high speed cornering that car does. :)

GoatDaddy

yeah, never underestimate a POS with a big wing. there's a day-glo yellow Saturn I see down here every once in awhile that is the same way. Huge wing and fartpipe, vomits blue smoke as it struggles (engine screaming) to keep pace with the octegenarians in their Lincolns and Caddys thundering along at 5mph in the fast lane.
I get so intimidated that I just take the next exit and go home. It's not fair that that much power is in the hands of one lucky driver....

GoatDaddy

Greg! Man, I can't get a moment's privacy around here. I was just about to tell these guys some sheep stories, and you show up. You knew it was storytime, dintcha?

Users who are viewing this thread