Money is no object

robvas

Established Member
You won the Powerball or whatever. You want to build a 1000...1200...???? HP Terminator. You're dropping it off at your favorite shop with $100,000 in the trunk.

What do you do? What's the ultimate engine? What power adder? Transmission? Cam/head combination? Suspension?

MG0h3

Established Member
Well for sure it’s going to be a turbo/auto car.

If staying with the 4.6 platform, call any reputable builder and have them go to town.

Not 4.6? Coyote platform. Pretty sure things balance out capability wise once you get up past 1500 Hp or so but that’s a question for the professionals.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

wckdvnm

Established Member
You won the Powerball or whatever. You want to build a 1000...1200...???? HP Terminator. You're dropping it off at your favorite shop with $100,000 in the trunk.

What do you do? What's the ultimate engine? What power adder? Transmission? Cam/head combination? Suspension?

Standard bore Teksid, 10.5:1 or greater, whipple 3.0 or turbo, i’d stick with a T-56 magnum, custom spec’d cams with heaviest port work that is available now, dry sump converted oil system, high RPM focus 8k+ with the flexibility to go up and down in power levels on a good stand alone that can also add sensors to keep an eye on the engine as well as sensors to help get rid of the god awful traction control that came with the cars.
Suspension honestly for me is a SLA front and fully built IRS hard tailed.
But I am a handling guy so my suspension choices are widely varied from the norm here of going fast straight.

100k is close to full rotisserie rebuild prices at that point way more needs addressed such as chassis, interior, and paint.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'd probably keep my current plan, but increase the quality quite a bit. Send the big bore I have in the garage out for a rebuild with head work and lumpy cams.

Semi-custom interior to keep the old school feel with nicer materials. Full stereo of course for the long drives.

I'm actually pretty happy with the suspension right now. But I'd go with better coilovers. Maybe step up to the type that have the lifts built in to get over speed bumps.

And a damn good paint job.

fitforspeed

Established Member
Well as I interpret your description if it’s a Terminator then the only engine choice would be a 4.6. Anything else then it’s really not a Terminator anymore. Teksid block is allowable so take that over to L&M and let them do their thing. Kris Starnes to perfect the ports. Dial up Whipple for that nice little Gen five 3.0, Fore for the fuel system, drop in a Tranzilla, get full tilt to set you up with their suspension mixed with a little maximum Motorsports, some Kooks or AR exhaust, let Wicked do the rest. Then enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I rejected his reality and substituted my own. No way I'd spend real money on a Fox platform. Much better starting points out there for speed and handling if money is no object.
There’s no better platform to start with than unlimited funds to spend on it. You can make anything fast and handle, it just takes money.

motoo344

Established Member
Even with a lot of that money I think I would do something mild and just build an all-around fun car. I am more of a backroad driver so having a great suspension, brakes, nice lightweight set of wheels would be good. Maybe something around 500 whp would be more than enough. I am boring though lol

q6543

Established Member
Take it to fathouse… something sequential.

Speaking money no object, I was cruising next to a code red gt500 last weekend and the sounds coming out of that SOB are 1 of a kind.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Godzilla with twins and giggle gas sprayed into the intake side of turbo
Sequential Trans
All out built irs

If money really wasn't an object, throw a 427 SOHC museum piece in it for that "**** you money" aspect

(If I ever actually won the lotto I would build something more in line with a decked out mod motor like stated in some of the posts above, but just thought I'd throw something different in this thread)

DCguy

Established Member
If money was no object......a restomod high end restoration would be in order. Think Singer built classic Porsche, but for a Terminator. Big power, hybrid classic modern styling, fully updated modern suspension, electronics, nut and bolt restoration, with proper handling and braking. That is if you want a "total package".

However, to me that is not what defines a Terminator. These cars are purely about the raw feel they produce that modern cars can't replicate. Cable driven clutch and gas pedal....no drive-by-wire, etc. Its why they feel the way they do....your left foot is literally engaging/disengaging the clutch while your right foot is actually opening the throttle body.

For me the perfect car is one that takes that feel that this car is and turns the volume up to 11. Aside from a monster motor built by L&M, Wonder Racing, TKM, MHS, etc etc that means a proper steering, suspension and braking systems, chassis stiffening throughout, and a healthy amount of weight reduction.

To best define it, I would call it a Pro-touring build....its fairly popular....shops take classic muscle cars and turn them into corner carving weapons but with big power. It's how I am going about my build. I did enough drag racing in my early years before I got into road racing and love driving race cars much more than fast street cars.

I guess the philosophy would be that i'd rather have a race car I can drive on the street than a fast street car to drive on the track.

Users who are viewing this thread