ModFox Eaton Swap IRS Build

jonb347

Established Member
did the rest of interior wiring today. dome light works. mirrors work. even the mach 1 keyless entry remote and trunk release work. also did headlight switch changeover and put in the mach 1 steering wheel. also got my J&L intake back from my painter.
20140214_155308_zpsmvkbkidd.jpg

SVTORANGE

Established Member
got it running! ran for about a half hour. need to finish up some ignition wiring and do some little things, then put interior together. i have a video, how do we upload those?

Sweet will have a beer to celebrate your success:beer:

Cperrigo

Established Member
having brake bleeding problems. only thing holding me up at this point except buttoning up the wiring for boost gauge and such. first rears locked up, then fronts locked up. think i need to bleed my master

You keeping abs? If so, crack the lines before the abs pump to make sure no air and abs bleeder screw and lines out of abs. BTW, A lot of people don't know that an abs pump can be messed up by changing the brakes wrong. When pushing piston back it place when changing brake, the bleeder screw needs to be open to keep old dirty fluid from going back to the abs pump.

After that, with or without abs, take caliper loose from bracket, press brake pedal, make sure you put something in between caliper and piston so the piston doesn't come out too far. Release brake pedal and remove whatever you put in between there. get bleeder screw pointing up, put c clamp or caliper piston pusher in place. Open bleeder screw, slowly push in piston, regardless of air bubbles or not, tighten bleeder screw back down before the piston bottoms out. If by the time you tighten bleeder, there wasn't any more air, the remount and move to next caliper. If not, start again at top of paragraph. Always start on the caliper farthest, by length of tubing, from the master cylinder.

Not trying to say you don't know how to do this, I'm just saying how I do it. I'm sure you know how, but I have changed 2 calipers in past, by myself and had it bled in 5 minutes because of doing it like this. Also filling up caliper before hooking up brake hose.

Sweet looking car man. I'm going, partially, the same direction. I'm putting a Dohc in my fox, but I don't want to wait around for an eaton setup and I already have a on3performance turbo setup so I'm just going to put that in til I can find an eaton setup.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
having brake bleeding problems. only thing holding me up at this point except buttoning up the wiring for boost gauge and such. first rears locked up, then fronts locked up. think i need to bleed my master

How are things going with this issue?

jonb347

Established Member
You keeping abs? If so, crack the lines before the abs pump to make sure no air and abs bleeder screw and lines out of abs. BTW, A lot of people don't know that an abs pump can be messed up by changing the brakes wrong. When pushing piston back it place when changing brake, the bleeder screw needs to be open to keep old dirty fluid from going back to the abs pump.

After that, with or without abs, take caliper loose from bracket, press brake pedal, make sure you put something in between caliper and piston so the piston doesn't come out too far. Release brake pedal and remove whatever you put in between there. get bleeder screw pointing up, put c clamp or caliper piston pusher in place. Open bleeder screw, slowly push in piston, regardless of air bubbles or not, tighten bleeder screw back down before the piston bottoms out. If by the time you tighten bleeder, there wasn't any more air, the remount and move to next caliper. If not, start again at top of paragraph. Always start on the caliper farthest, by length of tubing, from the master cylinder.

Not trying to say you don't know how to do this, I'm just saying how I do it. I'm sure you know how, but I have changed 2 calipers in past, by myself and had it bled in 5 minutes because of doing it like this. Also filling up caliper before hooking up brake hose.

Sweet looking car man. I'm going, partially, the same direction. I'm putting a Dohc in my fox, but I don't want to wait around for an eaton setup and I already have a on3performance turbo setup so I'm just going to put that in til I can find an eaton setup.

i bled the master and it helped a lot. i probably won't be able to redo at the wheels until saturday but we will see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread