ModFox Eaton Swap IRS Build

jonb347

Established Member
Is the wiring pretty easy. Thinking of doing this when I find a notch back

OMG I could not do that:nonono:

um not overly easy. its a lot of work putting to two cars together. underhood you just discard fox stuff and put modular stuff in.

for the interior its basically looking at two shop manuals and matching up the wires. door locks, windows, mirrors, taillights, wipers etc.

i also am bypassing the FPDM and using a return system so thats the big yellow wire in the trunk.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Thanks for the response. So you use the entire harness from a 03-04 or Mach and tap into existing wires for locks lights etc.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
um not overly easy. its a lot of work putting to two cars together. underhood you just discard fox stuff and put modular stuff in.

for the interior its basically looking at two shop manuals and matching up the wires. door locks, windows, mirrors, taillights, wipers etc.

i also am bypassing the FPDM and using a return system so thats the big yellow wire in the trunk.

NICE!

How did you do this weekend on the wiring?

jonb347

Established Member
Thanks for the response. So you use the entire harness from a 03-04 or Mach and tap into existing wires for locks lights etc.

How did you install your IRS?

NICE!

How did you do this weekend on the wiring?

yes to the harness, thats exactly right.

irs was bolted into stock locations in the front and the rear brackets were welded to the frame.

and this weekend i did the intercooler pump and the front lights. only had a few hours.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
That is how I did my IRS rear, I am looking for IRS exhaust and lowering shocks now. Also want to do my interor as well.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
i used dynomax 3" exhaust and MM coilovers. I was going to swap interiors but decided I liked the fox look with 03 cobra seats.

Exactly what I am thinking of doing as well.

The dash is a bit too much for me to do.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
ya the dash itself just needs some trimming, but the console and everything would have to go with it.

another thing is the pedals, gotta combine the pedal brackets

WOW - Knowing you it will be done with ease.:rockon:

Hopefully there are no gotchas while getting those pedals married together.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
actually there is a member on corral who does a writeup on it. he said he would do it for me for 100 bucks including shipping so i just sent it to him. they should be back tomorrow.

He is doing the pedals for you?

SVTORANGE

Established Member
It will be 100 well spent, I am hoping that this person in my area still has the 3' IRS exhaust for sale that will be another proj done for the IRS swap:banana::banana:

SVTORANGE

Established Member
tailpipe hangers are the only issue ive run into. i don't want to remove my exhaust now that its bolts in so i will figure something out, but the newer style hangers wont fit under my saleen bumper cover

Ahh man that is easy just send me the bumper - Problem solved:pepper:

SVTORANGE

Established Member
lol i was thinking more heat the hanger and twist the crap out of it til its where it can be hung

On the last build I did we cut the hangers off and moved them further back on the tailpipe and it worked perfectly.

We had to cut the originals ones off for the 03-04 setup.

Users who are viewing this thread