Modded '11 5.0 vs Stock '11 5.0

Whocares05050

Established Member
People roll race lately because not everyone wants to run slick plus we don't live in early ninety when 300 hp cars ruled the streets.We will see more and more roll racings because nowadays cars are making too much power to run from a dig on the street. What's the point of racing from a dig on street tires when you can't hook until 3-rd gear.

I agree. Race at the track or street with slicks. Whats the point running street tires at the track then? Bring what you brought and no crying if you loose. if you cant out the power down or enough money to buy tires then racing shouldnt happen on the street if traction is that much of an issue. Everyone in south florida where go that races on the street brings out the slicks and we go out and line em up. Its sad to see this honda tradition of racing from the roll rubbing off on everyone now a days. :D

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
True, ill go along with that.... but follow me for a second while i agree with that aspect of what you are saying...

By also showing a race from a dig, you can demonstrate what a moded 5.0 does against a stock 5.0. You know, that whole bottom end TQ and 0-60 stuff. I see your point, i do, so the OP could have done both, you know, for science. :thumbsup:

:beer: I can see that point of view..yet..I think it would go against the goal in mind more than help it. Rather see both cars from 40 -100 with minimal shifting and loss of traction as well as no driver mod as I can. Let the cars do the talking..in this case.

As mentioned..traction from a dig on the streets with street tires is pointless these days for car against car. I used streets once for shits and giggles at the track and smoked them all the way down the track.

Last edited:

chrisheltra

Established Member
Description on youtube of the first race vid:
Bone stock '11 Mustang GT 5.0 vs Tune and cat back '11 Mustang GT 5.0. The tune and cat back car has the HID's. This pass The stock 5.0 hit the rev limiter in 2nd. The next vid was a clean run and the end result was a little closer.

Description on youtube of the second race vid:
Bone stock '11 Mustang GT 5.0 vs Tune and cat back '11 Mustang GT 5.0. The tune and cat back car has the HID's.

Whocares05050

Established Member
Description on youtube of the first race vid:
Bone stock '11 Mustang GT 5.0 vs Tune and cat back '11 Mustang GT 5.0. The tune and cat back car has the HID's. This pass The stock 5.0 hit the rev limiter in 2nd. The next vid was a clean run and the end result was a little closer.

Description on youtube of the second race vid:
Bone stock '11 Mustang GT 5.0 vs Tune and cat back '11 Mustang GT 5.0. The tune and cat back car has the HID's.

That description was so... descriptive. catback....theres 10 on the market. tune....10 of those too.... HID's, yup, atleast 20 hp, and i gues both cars have 410 gears too since it dosnt say. i know exactly waht aftermarket parts im buying now!

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
That description was so... descriptive. catback....theres 10 on the market. tune....10 of those too.... HID's, yup, atleast 20 hp, and i gues both cars have 410 gears too since it dosnt say. i know exactly waht aftermarket parts im buying now!

He mentioned HIDs I'm sure so you would be able to tell which car he is talking about. Just a guess

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I'll assume everything since what you said was retarded. If you run from a dig you put alot more variables into the equation such as traction and driver mod. What he was comparing was one car against another which is better seen through ROLL RACING. Is this man's way of racing..NO..but he wasn't talking about him vs another guy was he? :bash:

Exactly, "roll racing" is used to tell who has the faster car. In this case they did it to show the difference between a stock car and a mildly modded one. A small difference like that could be easily lost with a the stock car getting out of the hole better.

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
lol @ the people hating on Chris.. The guy has a VERY fast lightning, and doesn't need dumb comments from the peanut gallery about roll racing.

chrisheltra

Established Member
He mentioned HIDs I'm sure so you would be able to tell which car he is talking about. Just a guess

:thumbsup:

Not sure which cat back he had but he had a canned SCT tune but I guess I could have strapped him in to a lie detector machine and interrogated his ass about his two mods. Its not like he had twin 88mm turbos and a huge FMIC with cams the size of Texas with a two step and a trans brake. It was just a cat back and tune car. Dunno how much more descriptive I can get then that. Its not like one manufacturers cat back gives 50 more hp and 70 more ft/lbs of torque over the others.

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
this thread got out of hand quick. thanks to the OP for actually posting a vid and trying to be productive.

ViciousJay

Established Member
people roll race lately because not everyone wants to run slick plus we don't live in early ninety when 300 hp cars ruled the streets.we will see more and more roll racings because nowadays cars are making too much power to run from a dig on the street. What's the point of racing from a dig on street tires when you can't hook until 3-rd gear.

win!

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
cool vid..i still couldnt tell which one was the HID equipped one..id take it its the one without the fogs on? cars sounded good tho! i want a new 5.0 badd

AmnDucky

Established Member
People roll race lately because not everyone wants to run slick plus we don't live in early ninety when 300 hp cars ruled the streets.We will see more and more roll racings because nowadays cars are making too much power to run from a dig on the street. What's the point of racing from a dig on street tires when you can't hook until 3-rd gear.

That's the point of racing, it's a skills competition. Learn to drive better, or lose the race.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
WTF is going on with racing now a days?

DOES ANYONE REALLY RACE ANYMORE? :shrug:

GOD! Roll racing is for people who cant race a ****ing car. Whats the point? Why the hell is everyone roll racing? Street tires an issue? OH WELL! Learn to launch or buy tires, or dont race at all!

On a side note, i wasnt too impressed with the tuned 5.0

What tune was on the car? Didnt walk the stock one as i expected. What gears did each of them have? That also makes a difference.

Can i get the proximity of where this is? So i know never to drive near by at night? In all seriousness, please race at a track. PLEASE

Funny....

I own a 2011 5.0 Grabber Blue 6MT with mods.

Obviosly, the only "hate" coming from me, is the fact that roll racing is for people who cant drive.

Good luck on future "racing". I hear all drag strips will be converting to this method shortly.

Thanks for not stopping and proving your'e a better driver than the other guy. :loser:

That's the point of racing, it's a skills competition. Learn to drive better, or lose the race.

The ignorance in this thread is amazing.

Yep. Roll racing serves a purpose, if you truly want to see which is the faster car and if the modifications did anything. Roll racing takes the driver skill or lack of out of the equation and lets the cars do the talking. Sure racing from a dig is fun and more competative, but at that point you're seeing who can get out of the hole quicker not which car is really the faster car.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
My .02 is I ran both ways one time or another mostly to their advantage. If a awd then its a dig, if a supra or like that a roll. I figure if I can beat them at their game they can't bitch. However a friend of mine that just had a stroker 4.6 2v installed that dynoed at 430 whp w nitrous wanted to run me on a roll so I did with my spray off and also on just to see. No big deal, no money, still friends etc. My lil bolt on 03 w a 2.9 pulley put down around 420+ whp on different dyno than he used so we compared dynos. So like was said that imo was a reasonable post comparing dyno # and being fairly close in whp whoever jumps out first dig or roll has a big advantage. 1 sec early is huge esp a dig. So dig could mean nothing but cheating also.

S IL A Y E R

Established Member

this.

thanks to the OP for posting the vids, dont get buzzkilled by the "know-it-alls"
just like one of the guys said, evos/sti dig, supra at a roll, beating them at their own game,

guys against roll racing are 60 year old men in pin stripped mid life crisis mustangs who race their automatics after watching mattlock in their hover rounds

Last edited:

VETTKLR

Established Member
Cool vid! :beer:

The stocker was hangin' in there :coolman:

I just picked up an auto 5.0 and am having nasty thoughts already! :idea:

...twin 88mm turbos and a huge FMIC with cams the size of Texas with a two step and a trans brake...
HAHA Yessss :D

Users who are viewing this thread