Modded 05GT vs. 03/04 Cobra

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordRacing200

Banned
03Cobra05GT said:
See this is what I don't get. Let me ask you something...

Are you saying its not possible for an 05/06 GT with those mods to beat a STOCK cobra, or are you just saying that in this instance, you think he is lying?

I hope its not the first, because as I posted earlier...I've done it. It's possible.
idk about him but I'm down for the second one :beer:

Got Boost?

Established Member
under the right circumstances, yes an 05 modded correctly with a good driver could take a terminator, however in this instance i do not think he is giving us the correct story.....it would take a good driver in the gt with some good shifts to match an average driver in a terminator though...or so i feel, im not one to make the decision though becuase i havnt driven an 05+ yet. it was the part about pulling on him in the top end that got me, considering he has less power and a lower gear

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
FordRacing200 said:
idk about him but I'm down for the second one :beer:

Ok well cool. Thats all I wanted to hear. See now we are getting somewhere.
If you guys have issues from things prior, I'm fairly new hear, so IDK, but I just was trying to make a point that it can be done, so at least your willing to see me on that one!!

:beer:

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Got Boost? said:
under the right circumstances, yes an 05 modded correctly with a good driver could take a terminator, however in this instance i do not think he is giving us the correct story.....it would take a good driver in the gt with some good shifts to match an average driver in a terminator though...or so i feel, im not one to make the decision though becuase i havnt driven an 05+ yet. it was the part about pulling on him in the top end that got me, considering he has less power and a lower gear

True and I can understand that. Having an 05GT with 4.10s and full exhaust and CAI/tune...I know how the car drove in comparison to my cobra.
You are right though, the pulling part seems a little hard...especially with the 4.10 gears. Quick down low...and out of dig...but up top, it take a little away.
Cobras pull pretty hard in 3rd and 4th gear.....I think it would just be a lot closer.

Got Boost?

Established Member
03Cobra05GT said:
True and I can understand that. Having an 05GT with 4.10s and full exhaust and CAI/tune...I know how the car drove in comparison to my cobra.
You are right though, the pulling part seems a little hard...especially with the 4.10 gears. Quick down low...and out of dig...but up top, it take a little away.
Cobras pull pretty hard in 3rd and 4th gear.....I think it would just be a lot closer.

yeah ive been in an almost stock cobra and when dad stomped it in 3rd gear i was very surprised at how hard they pulled, and now he has around 465rw and the thing is insane....keep trying to convince him to let me drive it, but he wont let anyone else drive his baby :-D

Nick85

Banned
Call me crazy but I swear my car pulls harder with 4.10's at higher speeds than it did with stock gearing. Maybe it just feels faster.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Got Boost? said:
yeah ive been in an almost stock cobra and when dad stomped it in 3rd gear i was very surprised at how hard they pulled, and now he has around 465rw and the thing is insane....keep trying to convince him to let me drive it, but he wont let anyone else drive his baby :-D

Ha...maybe if you ever visit NJ, (OMG not those crazy jersey drivers) you can take my 05 babie out lol. Or maybe I'll just give you a ride and let you polish its tailpipes lol.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Nick85 said:
Call me crazy but I swear my car pulls harder with 4.10's at higher speeds than it did with stock gearing. Maybe it just feels faster.

Well they definitly make it feel faster, after all, that is kinda the point of gears.

Got Boost?

Established Member
03Cobra05GT said:
Ha...maybe if you ever visit NJ, (OMG not those crazy jersey drivers) you can take my 05 babie out lol. Or maybe I'll just give you a ride and let you polish its tailpipes lol.

hell ill even take you up on the second offer lol, been wanting to get in one to see how the pull

Last edited:

Got Boost?

Established Member
Nick85 said:

its becuase you get there signifiacantly faster

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Got Boost? said:
hell ill even take yopu up on the second offer lol, been wanting to get in one to see how the pull

Well a couple more weeks...I'm hopin 2, and she'll be done. If your ever up this way...hit me up.

I'm anxious to feel a 500+rwhp 05 myself...hopefully closer to 600rwhp. Either way, I'll be happy.

*edit--No way again? Ask yourself WTF is wrong with me.
I'm tired its late...I'm done for 2nite.

Last edited:

Got Boost?

Established Member
03Cobra05GT said:
Well a couple more weeks...I'm hopin 2, and she'll be done. If your ever up this way...hit me up.

I'm anxious to feel a 500+rwhp 05 myself...hopefully closer to 600rwhp. Either way, I'll be happy.

sounds like its gonna be badass, if all goes well ill be making a trip up to NY to meet up with Doug (fordracing200) in a couple of years...hopefully my planned fox build will be going on ill let you take her for a round :beer:

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Got Boost? said:
sounds like its gonna be badass, if all goes well ill be making a trip up to NY to meet up with Doug (fordracing200) in a couple of years...hopefully my planned fox build will be going on ill let you take her for a round :beer:

Sounds like a plan to me.

Nite all. Let the bashing commence in the morning lol.

Nick85

Banned
03Cobra05GT said:

*edit--No way again? Ask yourself WTF is wrong with me.
I'm tired its late...I'm done for 2nite.

Any suspension mods?

QuikGT

Banned
Nick85 said:
No the 05 GT's weigh around 3400 not 3600. That's about a 200 lb difference.

As for 100 more rwhp...how do you figure? I thought the Cobra stock was 380 rwhp? 05 GT's with my mods are pulling over 300 rwhp....

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: Nick, man i have been reading ur BS posts on here for too long.....
Listen buddy 1st off you have an auto, therefore u arent going to dyno as high as a manual :idea: ....u trap 80 mph and run an 8.80 with ur mods.....a stock termy is easily capable of 87-89mph even in a vert :read: .....sorry bud but one day you will realize that 80mph trap is not fast :bash: ....in my 02 gt i trapped 79 STOCK!!!!!!

hey guys anyone remember when he raced the 06 z06 and it only put a car on him????!!!!! ****in tool i wish ud get banned for ur bs posts!!!

Nick85

Banned
Haha no shit 80mph isn't fast, welcome to 2006. The Z06 wasn't putting down full throttle or he would of destroyed me. Now go back to the gay bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread