MOD list

still03cobra

Established Member
On my Cobra right now I have done pulley swap upper only. 170thermostat. Mac long tubes. Bassani xpipe bassani exhaust system. Mgw short throw. Steeda cai. Sct handheld. Also the spark plugs needed for pulley swap. Sub frame rails. What should my next steps be? Injectors? Just give me a quick run down. I know I would need a maf.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the svtperformance.com mobile app

joker21705

Established Member
You are good unless you are porting your blower or upgrading your blower correct me if I'm wrong? no need for a MAF or injectors at this point just get a tune and work on the suspension and how you want you car to look

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

still03cobra

Established Member
You are good unless you are porting your blower or upgrading your blower correct me if I'm wrong? no need for a MAF or injectors at this point just get a tune and work on the suspension and how you want you car to look

Yeah I have it tuned and everything. The maf is pegged right now. I plan on port sometime. Since I kinda like the port whine more and also I'm broke lol just put new half shafts on. Also got my 17X10.5 rear rims. So taking off my xp weld racing 16's that were on the rear. I'm curious to see how it handles with 17's on rear.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
looks like you got the basics done for power!! if you go with after market supercharger you will need fuel mods &MAF for sure. IRS up grades are next & if you drag race input shaft & ToB sleeve!

joker21705

Established Member
Car must sound bad ass with that setup, have you posted any pictures yet of your car?

cmac29

Established Member
I would say you jumped the gun on the long tubes and prolly lost some torque. However if you ever go to a bigger blower you will already have them. From what I've seen long tubes are not needed until 650 plus. I started with porting the Eaton. Then fuel system and IRS. Now I've redone the IRS again and went return. I did long tubes and 3inch exhaust when I put the KB on. I have also done the t56, yokes, input shaft and clutch. I am to the point of maxing out my stock motor. My next step is gonna be engine. I just hope I can do it on my terms and not cuz I have to lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Rambro

Established Member
Look into a MAFia for the pegged meter, you can find them for cheap in the market section. I wouldn't go WOT untill that gets resolved. 16 inch weld xp's huh? Haven't seen those since the early 2000's. Probably be able to sell them for a decent amount.

still03cobra

Established Member
Car must sound bad ass with that setup, have you posted any pictures yet of your car?

Yeah it sounds evil I love it! I have not. The only picture I posted was just my profile picture. Once I get my matching rims on the rear I will. Get it cleaned up a bit it's been in the garage.
3adba8c3e4eeeb69a0aa22ea55fa9258.jpg
05864fd7841b4fcd54b5a9465bb4a651.jpg
08020c7839c0889e07ab00da3806994f.jpg
fcb8c739371ca459e07cc6c7fecaaeda.jpg

still03cobra

Established Member
I would say you jumped the gun on the long tubes and prolly lost some torque. However if you ever go to a bigger blower you will already have them. From what I've seen long tubes are not needed until 650 plus. I started with porting the Eaton. Then fuel system and IRS. Now I've redone the IRS again and went return. I did long tubes and 3inch exhaust when I put the KB on. I have also done the t56, yokes, input shaft and clutch. I am to the point of maxing out my stock motor. My next step is gonna be engine. I just hope I can do it on my terms and not cuz I have to lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Yeah the long tubes were already on the car when I got it. But I do love the sound! Then rest was me. Yeah I wish I had the funds for port and everything.

still03cobra

Established Member
Look into a MAFia for the pegged meter, you can find them for cheap in the market section. I wouldn't go WOT untill that gets resolved. 16 inch weld xp's huh? Haven't seen those since the early 2000's. Probably be able to sell them for a decent amount.
Yeah the previous owner said they were only made for 2 years? I don't really know too much about them.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
very nice car, congrats! as has been said, it sounds like you're set power-wise for now, so you should probably turn your attention to suspension and drivetrain. if you do not have a brace or an upgraded differential cover, that would be the first thing i would do. best of luck with it, and enjoy -

cj428mach

Established Member
If the MAF is pegging that needs to be fixed asap.

After that I'd probably go with a rear diff cover and then decide how much power you need. If you need a bump in power look at a blower upgrade. In order to mod the car you always need to have a goal of where you'd like to end up to prevent wasted money.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
I would correct the MAF issue first with a SCT2400 or SCT2600 or even a MAFia, use whatever your tuner likes best. Then I would replace the oem diff cover with a FRPP cover and poly or delrin/aluminum bushings.

My next performance move would be porting blower/tb/plenum, BAP, injectors, and 4lb lower. Porting isn't that difficult, POSI and others have posted a ton of information on the how-to's. That would be my next winter project so start saving now and reading threads.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice looking Terminator convertible. Like the black seats. Look great with the black exterior paint. What size upper pulley did you go with? 2.76"? Did you add an auxiliary idler? If not, you should to get additional belt wrap (to avoid belt slip).

You should consider going with a complete 4-idler billet kit (Metco double bearing idlers recommended). I would definitely consider lowering springs to enhance the look of your stance. A light bar would make your convertible POP when the top is down. Enjoy it!

Users who are viewing this thread