MM&FF goes 12.6 @ 112 mph

Captain Beyond

Established Member
FYI
In the latest issue of MM&FF, they went 12.69 @ 112.61 mph in the 1/4 with a bonestock 6 speed 2011 GT. :burnout: They followed that with a 12.72 @ 112.49. :burnout:
They, then bolted on some drag radials and went a best of 12.34. :eek:
They said if they would have spend more time with the stock tires, they could have gone 12.50s. :rockon:
Damn, these cars are impressive. The SS Camaros and SRT8 Challengers don't stand a chance. :-D

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
BOO YEAH!!! what a sick car, DAMN what a capable engine!

apparently these new stick trannies aren't too fragile either, with the pounding evo and JPC has put them through!

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Evolution performance has some crazy times on their sprayed car. Looks like the second coming of the 03 cobra sorta.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Evolution performance has some crazy times on their sprayed car. Looks like the second coming of the 03 cobra sorta.

Except they won't make the power these cars do with such minimal amounts of money.

As in "these cars", I am referring to the 03/04 Cobra.

Nonetheless, those are great times stock!

Last edited:

65mph_Roll

Established Member
This is going to be fun! - and will finally get me to do a pulley..............................................................................

04 Cobra, only mod K&N FIPK, 404 RWHP

With the gearing, they are going to be crazy from a dig.

Last edited:

65mph_Roll

Established Member
BOO YEAH!!! what a sick car, DAMN what a capable engine!

apparently these new stick trannies aren't too fragile either, with the pounding evo and JPC has put them through!

Same tranny company as the bulletproof Supra's, my buddy has a big single and I hear the tranny is bulletproof too, like the damn block, etc...

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Same tranny company as the bulletproof Supra's, my buddy has a big single and I hear the tranny is bulletproof too, like the damn block, etc...
i don't put much faith into that sort of stuff. transmissions are made to specification, not just as strong as absolutely possible every time. tremek is a great example, with the weakling transmissions they offered in the earlier GTs while also offering the bulletproof T56/TR6060.
getrag does certainly have a great reputation though!

Formula51

Established Member
great times

3:73's or the 3:31's

3.73's

It was a good read and great to hear that the real world confirmed the calculations that the gearing (with 3.73's) is darn near perfect of the 1/4 mile. They said they were crossing the traps right at the top of 4th.

Order your car with 3.73's and you should be able to play with rev-limiter and tire size to keep it at the top of 4th through the traps as you add power.

Of course, you could get really crazy and add some deep gears, crazy power, and power shift 5th! Now thats just craziness;-)

Formula51

Established Member
FYI
Damn, these cars are impressive. The SS Camaros and SRT8 Challengers don't stand a chance. :-D

Ehh, Challenger I agree with. The Camaro has put up some similar times in the hands of owners and gone a best stock of 12.58 so far. I don't think they have seen a 112mph trap speed though.

Remember, this is Evan Smith driving on a prepped track day rental. How many people beat his GT500 time? One, maybe?

Then again, he did only have a 2.0x 60' so I think a 12.5x is possible. Quite impressive indeed.

It would be cool to see this motivate GM to offer a lower rear gear option for the Camaro and then perhaps that in-turn would motivate Ford to bump the power and redline slightly in a year or two. Just wishful thinking probably though.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Except they won't make the power these cars do with such minimal amounts of money.

How do you figure? Slicks, tune, CAI, 100 Shot and you are in the 10's..:shrug:

I feel that with a little more time the car will have 450 N/A with: L/T's, midpipe, catback, CAI, Tune

I love my car, but if I had to replace it with a 450rwhp N/A car, I would have no objections.

Formula51

Established Member

I thought the guys running 10's had several suspension modifications as well?

I feel that with a little more time the car will have 450 N/A with: L/T's, midpipe, catback, CAI, Tune

I love my car, but if I had to replace it with a 450rwhp N/A car, I would have no objections.

450rwhp from exhaust and tune? Really? From what I have seen they are dynoing around 375-380rwhp stock. You can't honestly be expecting 70rwhp from just exhaust and tune can you......:??:

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member

I was thinking the same thing.. Cause to get in the 11s/10s that's as easy as it gets IMHO.. I can definitely live with a 11 second car as refined as the new 5.0 no problem..:beer:

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
I thought the guys running 10's had several suspension modifications as well?

450rwhp from exhaust and tune? Really? From what I have seen they are dynoing around 375-380rwhp stock. You can't honestly be expecting 70rwhp from just exhaust and tune can you......:??:

Pretty much full exhaust, CAI, 100 shot,tune, and some 4:10s and you should have more than plenty to hang with anything on the street yet still have a very capable daily driver. A win in my book.:beer:

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member

Sure they will. Instead of pullies, ported blowers and heat exchangers, it will be the bottle.
Grnated, i would rather have the FI car, but you are comparing the basic GT, to the previous top of the line car.

Formula51

Established Member
Control arms to eliminate wheel hop.

Hmm, I'm thinking there is more too it than that. Like perhaps drag shocks for one as Evolution mentioned "tuning" or "dialing in" the suspension. There is little to no tunning to be done if its a stock suspension with aftermarket control arms. Unless maybe they are adjustable and they are playing with pinion angle?

I just think a 1.4 or 1.35 60' is asking an aweful lot for a street suspension compromised for ride and handling. Maybe I am wrong, but I think there are some suspension changes that have not been mentioned. Things like sway bars, shocks, and springs maybe.....

Users who are viewing this thread