Missing the 2 clips when re-installing gas tank

cbehr

Established Member
Apparently I'm too smart for my own good and cannot find the genius location I stored the two u shaped plastic clips so they wouldn't get lost. One is on the passenger side of the tank running along the side and yellow I believe. The other is white or black on the passengers side up near the filler neck.

Been searching online trying to find them with no luck...any idea what these are called and where I could possibly get them?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
those are not meant to be removed from the line, you just squeeze them and they release. whenever i took down my gas tank those two did not have to be removed anyway.

edit: my bad the above statement refers to the driver's side sorry

but i think they should be readily available - keep searching online and i bet you will find them. or call your local ford parts dealer and i bet they can hook you up.

also for some strange reason if you buy from amazon you might have to buy 20 which will be cheaper than buying 1! lol

Last edited:

cbehr

Established Member
I can a pic tonight of the two spots I need clips for. I'll swing by the dealership over lunch and see if they can give me the size and/or have them...otherwise maybe one of these assorted packs will work? Agreed I can probably buy a ton at the price of the dealership :)

cbehr

Established Member
So the above type kits don't include one nearly large enough for the driver side connection. Ford dealership does not sell just the clip, you need to buy the entire line. Parts guy says people typically just use a zip tie...guess I'll try to fish one thru and see if this legit works.

03' White Snake

Established Member
So the above type kits don't include one nearly large enough for the driver side connection. Ford dealership does not sell just the clip, you need to buy the entire line. Parts guy says people typically just use a zip tie...guess I'll try to fish one thru and see if this legit works.
It will, I did it for a while. I also have run it with no clips and it was fine too. I grabbed a few from the junk yard and added them.

03' White Snake

Established Member
was gonna say, pull and pay time. Make sure to pocket fuses to get your moneys worth :)
Yup. Always grab some extra hardware, FRPS and stuff. My local yard is actually pretty fair on prices for stuff. Usually charge me $5-10 for a small handful of odd parts.

Users who are viewing this thread