Millenial Car Guys...ahem...Car Persons

Zemedici

Established Member
not sure - but he's probably laughing his way all the way to the bank. I learned a long time ago to not give a shit what other guys do / think, I stay in my lane. Worry about me. Not everyone's the same. But the whole generational 'i hate the younguns, get off my lawn!' bullshit gets old.....doesnt it?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
car guy =/= gearhead. most professional drivers do not wrench on their cars. they have mechanics for that. i always tell my buddy that he wrenches on my cars. im the driver lol. i hate working on cars. i do plenty of my own home repairs though. that's what i grew up learning. my dad didnt work on cars much when i was a kid. it was all about home repairs. what little free time i have goes to spending with my family. the last thing i want to do is be working on cars. plus id rather pay someone to do it right then to spend a bunch of time doing it wrong, then redoing it lol. not to say that i havent wrenched. ive done my share. nothing major though.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
IMG_3456.jpg

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
in the end, many of these guys you all 'hate' because they vlog their life on Youtube, make VERY Good money doing it.....

Look at that dude TJ Hunt, he just bought a GTR.

Is TJ hunt the guy with the BRZ? Perfect example of the blind leading the blind, lol.

The youtubers make money from ads, install ad block or don't watch their vids. You are right though, popular youtube people make a lot of damn money.

This has gotten a little off topic though, the OP was about people not knowing how to change a wheel or change oil. I would say this applies to a very large majority of millennials and all German car owners. Just call triple A right? Mow the yard? Not a chance. Latest Iphone? YES!

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
in the end, many of these guys you all 'hate' because they vlog their life on Youtube, make VERY Good money doing it.....

Jussayin. Everyone hates until they realize the potential. My boss thought video games were stupid until I told him I used to get paid to play Halo, and Pewdiepie's net worth....
This. I'm pretty jealous of the people who are successful on youtube for doing things they want to do anyway. Like StreetSpeed717 who is 22 with a modded duramax and a 700hp c7 z06. Then spends 5k for a wrap on his z06 then takes it off 2 months later to do a different wrap. He says he can could that cause of youtube.

Never_Enough

Established Member

Jussayin. Everyone hates until they realize the potential. My boss thought video games were stupid until I told him I used to get paid to play Halo, and Pewdiepie's net worth....
Calm down, he bought a GT-R not a $500k+ exotic.

Never_Enough

Established Member
This. I'm pretty jealous of the people who are successful on youtube for doing things they want to do anyway. Like StreetSpeed717 who is 22 with a modded duramax and a 700hp c7 z06. Then spends 5k for a wrap on his z06 then takes it off 2 months later to do a different wrap. He says he can could that cause of youtube.
Like every other fad, it goes away one day.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I don't hate any one group of people. But demographics exist for a reason. And so do stereotypes. Someone may have marketed a particular label, but the distinction must already exist and universally recognized by most in order for those labels to translate into profit.

This goes back to Obama saying everyone is inherently racist. While I don't believe that is true, what is true is everyone learns prejudice through exposure.

That's not always a bad thing either. For instance, one prejudice I've developed is, for me... Sex with women is better than sex with a toaster. Not that I have tried to have sex with a toaster, but I have seen what is does to bread.

See where I'm going with this? Or am I the only crazy one here?

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Relevant:

A5785E6A-E1FD-4DFF-A547-DA391D9D1C0E_zpsgzembrvg.jpg

It's that mentality that is why most millennials are such weak, unintelligent, idiots... People used to take pride in themselves in knowing how to do things, and learning how to do the thing you don't know how to do. That goes for everything in life, not just car stuff. I guess that's why we have school test scores at an all-time low now and idiots who rely on government and their smartphones for everything.

Parenting is a huge reason why it's the way it is too. Parents today let their kids get raised by technology, and barely spend 15 minutes a day with them. Sad.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't hate any one group of people. But demographics exist for a reason. And so do stereotypes. Someone may have marketed a particular label, but the distinction must already exist and universally recognized by most in order for those labels to translate into profit.

This goes back to Obama saying everyone is inherently racist. While I don't believe that is true, what is true is everyone learns prejudice through exposure.

That's not always a bad thing either. For instance, one prejudice I've developed is, for me... Sex with women is better than sex with a toaster. Not that I have tried to have sex with a toaster, but I have seen what is does to bread.

I'm not sure where you crawled out of, but you're singlehandedly blowing up this forum.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member

I would imagine if Tiger Woods had a time machine. He would have banged the toaster instead of his first wife. He would healed up just fine and his bank account would be intact.

Never_Enough

Established Member
It's that mentality that is why most millennials are such weak, unintelligent, idiots... People used to take pride in themselves in knowing how to do things, and learning how to do the thing you don't know how to do. That goes for everything in life, not just car stuff. I guess that's why we have school test scores at an all-time low now and idiots who rely on government and their smartphones for everything.

Parenting is a huge reason why it's the way it is too. Parents today let their kids get raised by technology, and barely spend 15 minutes a day with them. Sad.
& give them a trophy for showing up & enabling them. I have a 26 yr old acquaintance that has her parents paying for everything. Bought her a house & pay all her bills. She has no responsibility, no savings, no ambition and complains she has no time to do the things everyone does like clean their home and cook. She also acts like she has been through so much & life is so hard. Bitch, you have nfc about life. She wasted their $ going to school for a useless art degree. Now she says she will go back to school to be a paralegal. She has a $10 an hr retail job. Smh.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
& give them a trophy for showing up & enabling them. I have a 26 yr old acquaintance that has her parents paying for everything. Bought her a house & pay all her bills. She has no responsibility, no savings, no ambition and complains she has no time to do the things everyone does like clean their home and cook. She also acts like she has been through so much & life is so hard. Bitch, you have nfc about life. She wasted their $ going to school for a useless art degree. Now she says she will go back to school to be a paralegal. She has a $10 an hr retail job. Smh.
Hahaha!!!!! That's classic!!!!!! I know a few like that as well. Absolutely NO CLUE how good they have it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
If you actually got what was being said, he was actually being "judgemental and condescending" to EVERYONE, considering WE ALL grow old (if we survive that far).

As in, the "old people" that are being condescending now, were condescended and looked down on when THEY were young, and so will the young people now eventually look down on the next generation.

The complaints "old people" have now about "Millennials" are no different than what the "Baby Boomers" were complaining about against "GenX'ers."

And that all these ****ing labels are just some shit people who want to sell books made up.

He's basically saying, everyone ISN'T some part of some ****ing "generational attitude" that you're free to stereotype. We're all just *people*. Imagine that.
THIS!

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
fun fact : he's a regular at my shop, and a good buddy of mine. Smurrf was tuned by my shop :)

Heard him give you a shout out in one of his videos. Sucks that his channel has sort of stopped growing lately. I know he caught shit for not doing some of the work on his 240, but he did the Paxton install on his 'stang with some help. Not a TJ Hunt fan at all. Him and a few others almost need to be paying Patterson a franchise fee for paving the way for them on youtube.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I'm not sure where you crawled out of, but you're singlehandedly blowing up this forum.

I got sick of the car forums and took a break for about 5 years. But I'm back! Thump red and stkjock can tell you, I'm generally a fun guy to hand with. Well, if they are brave enough to admit they know me. LoL

Users who are viewing this thread