Mihovetz: First Ford Mod Motor in the 5's!!

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
So is this still a 281? What block and heads?

"Displacement is 282 ci-- call it a stock 4.6 liters-- using a stock aluminum Cobra block; stock old style, "B" dual-port, Four Valve cylinder heads, as found in a '95 Lincoln; and a stock 4.6 liter Cobra crankshaft. Twin Garrett turbochargers supplied a mind bending 52 pounds of boost on top of an over 11:1 static compression ratio on gasoline!"
According to Accufab

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
that was his previous set up, the current one that ran in the 5s is using another teksid block(water in the block - NO FILL!!!), 00R/GT/GT500 heads(water in the heads), 11.25:1 compression, twin 80s pushing 62PSI, and now running methanol(no power difference between meth and gas, but more consistent in changing weather). ~2550HP@10,000RPM is the last number i heard, but with a race weight of ~2575lbs they've gotta be closer to 3000HP to run that 5.92!

BTW, 95% positive that this is the quickest car on the planet using OEM mass production block and heads in the 1/4! even if the aforementioned LSx surpasses mihovetz number, it sure as shit won't be with OEM mass production heads, and a production LS block will be a ticking time bomb!

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
"Displacement is 282 ci-- call it a stock 4.6 liters-- using a stock aluminum Cobra block; stock old style, "B" dual-port, Four Valve cylinder heads, as found in a '95 Lincoln; and a stock 4.6 liter Cobra crankshaft. Twin Garrett turbochargers supplied a mind bending 52 pounds of boost on top of an over 11:1 static compression ratio on gasoline!"
According to Accufab

So using a Mark VIII teksid and B heads off same engine :rockon:

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
:eek:

Bad bitch!!! Love watching how much these cars actually move around from the starting line.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
So using a Mark VIII teksid and B heads off same engine :rockon:

No, apparently I was wrong that was the old setup. I was corrected a few posts up, GT500 heads now and 10 more pounds of boost.

Last edited:

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
that was his previous set up, the current one that ran in the 5s is using another teksid block(water in the block - NO FILL!!!), 00R/GT/GT500 heads(water in the heads), 11.25:1 compression, twin 80s pushing 62PSI, and now running methanol(no power difference between meth and gas, but more consistent in changing weather). ~2550HP@10,000RPM is the last number i heard, but with a race weight of ~2575lbs they've gotta be closer to 3000HP to run that 5.92!

BTW, 95% positive that this is the quickest car on the planet using OEM mass production block and heads in the 1/4! even if the aforementioned LSx surpasses mihovetz number, it sure as shit won't be with OEM mass production heads, and a production LS block will be a ticking time bomb!

62psi?? With 11.25 compression?? With stock block, crank, and heads??? Jesus Christ!!!!!

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member

It'll never happen for a ton of reasons. The aftermarket is huge for the LSx and no one in their right mind who is building an engine for that horsepower is going to try and use a stock block with 100+ hours of prep when they can buy an already designed block for that level. Same thing for the heads, Miho reportedly spends over 120 hours to prep a set of heads, there simply aren't any aftermarket heads available after all, and who knows if the aftermarket could come up with a design that would be better and would be cost effective (I would like to think so). I know the non-twist Kellogg he uses has handled the power, but they spend over $3k on machining so I honestly don't know why they don't just step up to a billet for that amount of money invested but it works.

You also have to think in terms of how dedicated a racer has to be to stick with a platform like he has, and most can't afford to do that trying to stay on top. Miho is very lucky to have partnered with an awesome group of sponsors, not to mention he has the knowledge to use those resources to further the platform advancement. I would honestly love to see what someone could do with an aluminum 5.3 LS with similar modifications to what Miho has done (plugging head/block decks and milling, o-ringing, jeweling and additional cartridge rolling, coolant modifications to block and heads, custom mains and huge sidebolts, etc.) and use the LSA or LS9 roto-cast heads with two huge turbos but I'm a realist. No one is going to do that for shits and giggles unless they have a ton of money to burn, don't care about class racing, and are a purist trying to prove a point...which is a trifecta that ain't happening anytime soon. No one really knows what that might be capable of because no one has tried and won't because of the above mentioned factors. Even Andreas is going to a BB with twins next year and stopping development on his combo, and he's within .2 seconds of Miho in 1/3 the time thanks to the aftermarket.

Regardless, John has set the bar ridiculously and no matter what anyone says, that is seriously fast especially given what he's working with.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Am i reading this right? 11:1 compression + 52psi boost on gasoline? Is he not also injecting alky or nitro meth?

Users who are viewing this thread