Might have to sell my triple black '14 GT500 with 1,380 miles MINT condition

MSKWIK

Established Member
Hi all,

Due to a disability with my spine and knees, job loss and being on unemployment which is running out, I can't afford to keep making these car payments. I am the original owner of a mint condition 2014 fully loaded triple black GT500 (minus glass roof, it has every other option), which I purchased new from Mossy Ford in San Diego in Apr. 2014 for sticker price ($67,690). It is black with gray stripes. The only mods are a Trucarbon hood vent (painted, from Hillbank Motorsports), Trucarbon mudflaps and a black with gray stripes Shelby shift knob. I have all original parts. There is a loan on it with Kinecta Federal Credit Union with 3 years left. The car has sat in the garage for a year, I've only put about 100 miles on it last year. It is in brand new condition, still smells new inside. I have all keys, SVT manual, window sticker. Always been driven on the highway, no rain, and always garaged.

I hate to sell it, but if I don't find a job soon, I will have to. What do you think it's worth? I was thinking around $48K?

Attachments

• right side 1.jpg
    right side 1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 361
  • TruCarbon hood vent.JPG
    TruCarbon hood vent.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 389
  • Shelby shift knob.jpg
    Shelby shift knob.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your situation. I was in a similar situation a little over 2 years with a disability/loss of job and had to sell my 2014 GT500. Your GT500 is perfect and like brand new. I would guess its worth more than 48K with those low miles but if you need to move it fast that is a great price to start. Good luck with the sale.

MSKWIK

Established Member
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. This is my dream car, it is such an absolute blast to drive. I've got about 3 months left, if at that time I still haven't found a job that is a commute able distance from my house (I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland as my daily driver), I will have to put my baby up for sale :(.

DG500

Established Member
I have almost the exact same car, only without stripes. I bought it from Carmax in October for $48k with 11k miles. I think your asking price is spot on. Sorry to hear you have to let it go...

Dinosgt

Established Member
Beautiful car sir. Mine is almost identical.

I'm really sorry to hear of your struggles - I certainly hope the work situation turns around soon.

I think in that condition with those miles you are about 2k low. Should go easily at your price.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear about your current situation OP. That sucks.

I say you can EASILY get 50K for that car. Obviously need more photos, but if it's as nice as you say with that mileage,.......I'd go 50K.
Anything less and you're giving it away, in my opinion.
Good luck going forward!

MSKWIK

Established Member
Thanks Dino, just wanted to say I'm actually a girl :). I was born loving fast cars! I changed my profile pic, I usually have my beloved GSD Fimo, who just passed away at the age of almost 13 this January :(.

Last edited:

MSKWIK

Established Member
Thank you all for the great advice. If CarMax is selling them for $48K, I should be able to get a bit more via private party. I sold my last silver '04 Cobra on this forum, the transaction couldn't have gone any smoother (sold it for $18.5K if I remember correctly). I've actually been a member for longer than 2008, but something happened to my account (since I hadn't logged in for years) and I had to re-create it. CarMax totally low-balled me with a quote on my mint '04 Cobra, offering me $13K for a car with 24K original miles in 2014. Still smelled brand new after 10 years! I take excellent care of my cars, and have been driving performance cars all my life.

This is my 7th Mustang, and have owned two Saleen S351 convertibles, a '92 Saleen hatchback and older SVT Cobras (1998, 2003 and 2004). I've also had a Viper and a 2001 Z06 :)

Last edited:

norcalcobra

Established Member
With a list of cars like that, I know you will be fine. Stay positive and something good will happen. This is my fourth Cobra, started off in a 96, then 04 terminator followed by another terminator. My favorite was my last o4, oxford white. Went to the dealership to pick up an alternator and saw 14 shelby on the show room floor. Left the 04 at the dealership and drove off in the Shelby. Just think maybe you let this one go and pick up the new model when things get better on your job hunt and commute.

MSKWIK

Established Member
Thanks norcalcobra, great suggestion but I just do not like the new body style of the 2015 and later Mustangs. Even with the Shelby stuff added on, I really dislike the rear end of the car. That's why I hurried up and purchased the '14, because I knew there wasn't too many left, plus this car was fully loaded and the color combo I was looking for.

Hopefully I can find a damn job soon so I don't have to sell it :( I love your dealership story, that is awesome. What a fun day that must have been for you!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Thank you all for the great advice. If CarMax is selling them for $48K, I should be able to get a bit more via private party. I sold my last silver '04 Cobra on this forum, the transaction couldn't have gone any smoother (sold it for $18.5K if I remember correctly). I've actually been a member for longer than 2008, but something happened to my account (since I hadn't logged in for years) and I had to re-create it. CarMax totally low-balled me with a quote on my mint '04 Cobra, offering me $13K for a car with 24K original miles in 2014. Still smelled brand new after 10 years! I take excellent care of my cars, and have been driving performance cars all my life.

This is my 7th Mustang, and have owned two Saleen S351 convertibles, a '92 Saleen hatchback and older SVT Cobras (1998, 2003 and 2004). I've also had a Viper and a 2001 Z06 :)

sorry to hear about your predicament and hope you find a new jobs soon. what line of work are you in?

to be fair, you took an 04 cobra to carmax in 2014. they dont see the artificially inflated pricing the enthusiasts see. i bet if you took your gt500 there you would get a nice offer. i would do that to at least have a basis of where to work from in selling it. plus, it could take a while to sell your car. just so many out there. at least you would then know how much you could walk away with in hand, today, if you needed to today.

Dinosgt

Established Member
Thanks Dino, just wanted to say I'm actually a girl :). I was born loving fast cars! I changed my profile pic, I usually have my beloved GSD Fimo, who just passed away at the age of almost 13 this January :(.

Sorry ma'am ....(Foot removed from mouth)

Still wishing you all the best in the sale and the job search.

And - Dont give that beautiful ride away. It's getting harder to find low mile, unmodified examples. Hang tough...

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Shelley, sorry to hear about your unemployment situation, and really hope you find a job very soon. You have a gorgeous GT-500 and the mileage is way beyond "low". Definitely worth more than $48K. It would be a shame to have to let it go unless you really have to. If you do end up having to sell it, I hope you get absolute top dollar. Maybe that job and financial relief is on the immediate horizon. Hang in there.

Users who are viewing this thread