Might buy a 23 Caddy Blackwing...

ArabianOak

Established Member
Hi Gang,

Might be buying a 23 blackwing tomorrow...couple questions for those of you in the know...

1. same engine as the c7z06...have they done anything to fix the heating issues with that engine? same exact blower?

2. 10 speed auto...from everything i am reading it's a great trans...fast shifting and no issues. thoughts?

3. hows the infotainment on the current gen caddy? looks nice, but anything to be aware of?

The options on mine are:
JET BLACK W/ JET BLACK ACCENTS 2,890.00
W/ LEATHER SEATING SURFACES

TRANSMISSION, 10-SPEED 2,275.00
AUTOMATIC
PERFORMANCE DATA AND VIDEO 1,600.00
RECORDER

ULTRAVIEW SUNROOF 1,450.00

DRIVER ASSIST PACKAGE: 900.00
• ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL
• ENHANCED AUTOMATIC EMERGENCY
BRAKING
• REVERSE AUTOMATIC BRAKING

BLAZE ORANGE METALLIC 625.00

WHEELS, 19" ALUMINUM ALLOY WITH 600.00
SATIN GRAPHITE DARK FINISH
REPLACES STD/PGK WHEELS

BRAKE CALIPERS, RED 595.00

SEAT BELT COLOR, 400.00
TORCH RED

SUEDED MICROFIBER STEERING 300.00
WHEEL & SHIFTER

INTERIOR PROTECTION PACKAGE 285.00
(DEALER INSTALLED)

LUG NUTS, BLACK 245.00
(DEALER INSTALLED)

BLACK MIRROR COVERS 195.00
(DLR INSTALLED)

BLACK WHEEL LOCKS 95.00
(DEALER INSTALLED)

CARGO NET (DEALER INSTALLED) 75.00

Any big options i am missing?

The one I am looking at has 92 miles on it and is a CPO car...still paying 5k over msrp but I am almost certain the dealer is losing money on it as they had it for 25k over sticker the last 4 months...so they have come down 20k.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Hi Gang,

Might be buying a 23 blackwing tomorrow...couple questions for those of you in the know...

1. same engine as the c7z06...have they done anything to fix the heating issues with that engine? same exact blower?

2. 10 speed auto...from everything i am reading it's a great trans...fast shifting and no issues. thoughts?

3. hows the infotainment on the current gen caddy? looks nice, but anything to be aware of?

The options on mine are:
JET BLACK W/ JET BLACK ACCENTS 2,890.00
W/ LEATHER SEATING SURFACES

TRANSMISSION, 10-SPEED 2,275.00
AUTOMATIC
PERFORMANCE DATA AND VIDEO 1,600.00
RECORDER

ULTRAVIEW SUNROOF 1,450.00

DRIVER ASSIST PACKAGE: 900.00
• ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL
• ENHANCED AUTOMATIC EMERGENCY
BRAKING
• REVERSE AUTOMATIC BRAKING

BLAZE ORANGE METALLIC 625.00

WHEELS, 19" ALUMINUM ALLOY WITH 600.00
SATIN GRAPHITE DARK FINISH
REPLACES STD/PGK WHEELS

BRAKE CALIPERS, RED 595.00

SEAT BELT COLOR, 400.00
TORCH RED

SUEDED MICROFIBER STEERING 300.00
WHEEL & SHIFTER

INTERIOR PROTECTION PACKAGE 285.00
(DEALER INSTALLED)

LUG NUTS, BLACK 245.00
(DEALER INSTALLED)

BLACK MIRROR COVERS 195.00
(DLR INSTALLED)

BLACK WHEEL LOCKS 95.00
(DEALER INSTALLED)

CARGO NET (DEALER INSTALLED) 75.00

Any big options i am missing?

The one I am looking at has 92 miles on it and is a CPO car...still paying 5k over msrp but I am almost certain the dealer is losing money on it as they had it for 25k over sticker the last 4 months...so they have come down 20k.
Not sure on the engine heating thing, but options I’d choose differently would the manual transmission, and skip the red seat belts. I know you go through cars like sh!t paper, but the Orange paint and red seat belts clash. Good luck, anxious for your report.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Not sure on the engine heating thing, but options I’d choose differently would the manual transmission, and skip the red seat belts. I know you go through cars like sh!t paper, but the Orange paint and red seat belts clash. Good luck, anxious for your report.
My manual says are over! Lol. If I want that experience I take the t rexual out.

I’m actually excited to try the 10 speed auto. lol.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think you'll like the Blackwing a lot. Also the 10-speed auto. Doesn't get much better, auto trans wise. Big question will be, for how long. :ROFLMAO:

ArabianOak

Established Member
This article answers some of my questions...sounds like GM updated the intercooler, supercharger lid, bigger radiators and better cooling from the grill...thats good to hear if its true...lol. My c7z06 went into limp mode a few times during ownership. Very frustrating.

Blackwing solves cooling issues

helloWorld

Established Member
I haven't heard much on the streets about the new Blackwing, but I do know that the engine and transmission controllers have been fully unlocked by HP Tuners, and can be tuned now. The caveat is, you have to send in the ECM and/or TCM so that they can modify it, then they can be tuned. GM Global B – HP Tuners

ArabianOak

Established Member
Nah, I recall when you had a lowly GT500, then you started becoming more successful. Props to you for being able to buy what you want, when you want.
and I would argue the gt500 was one of the best...the big difference in the luxury brands is the price, not the quality, fun or power.

Users who are viewing this thread