MIDWEST (Iowa, KC, Nebrask, Minnesota)

03snkvert

Established Member
The Newton Speedway is having there annual show and shine car show on Sunday September 19th. The Iowa guys generally have a cruise at the beginning of the year, but I kind of slacked and didn't get anything done.

Car Show Set-up: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Car Show: 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Charity Laps: 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Awards: 4 p.m.

Registration (includes Carload Admittance) $15 (advance) $20 (day of)
Pre-Register at www.iowaspeedway.com
Jr. Pit Crew: Wear your Jr. Pit Crew T-Shirt & get in FREE!
Admission $10 per Carload
$25 for Charity Pace Lap Rides (Open to Anyone!)

#3 Dale Earnhardt Show Car
Richard Childress Custom Camaro

I would like to get 15-20 cars (Mustangs etc) to meet in Altoona/Des Moines and cruise up to the show and pull in all at once. I am going to post this on some other sites I look at to see what type of response I can get!

Iowa Speedway Show and Shine

Last edited:

BT1288

Established Member
I would probably go, how far from Des Moines is the track?
Is it an 1/8 or a 1/4 mile track?

03snkvert

Established Member
It is an 1/8th Mile.... It is ran on the pit road, but they do street drags on Sundays and heard it is a pretty good time.

Drag Racing

The Speedways is only 20 Minutes or so from Des Moines/ Altoona. I figured we could meet at Prairie Meadows in Altoona!

BT1288

Established Member
It's only 170 miles from Omaha, if the weather looks good, I'll definately cruise over. It looks like it would be worth it just to check out the track.

03snkvert

Established Member
It's only 170 miles from Omaha, if the weather looks good, I'll definately cruise over. It looks like it would be worth it just to check out the track.

As we get closer we will get a time and place to meet figured out!

03snkvert

Established Member
c'mon guys.... This would be a great time to meet up at the end of the year! The weather should be nice!

c_mart_28

Established Member
I'm interested..Thats only 2 days after the wife and I's anniversary though so I'll have to kinda play it by ear...

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
i had gt wiring in it and i had to swap over to 04 cobra wiring and pcm for krugan to tune it. Im back up at school now so I have not had time to work on it.

03snkvert

Established Member
Sounds like as of right now Vittoman (Ryan Vittrito) will be bringing his Twin Turbo (900+ RWHP) Mustang with us!

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Hey I live in Newton basically, so I'll be there. I'd love to meet up and cruise in, but will depend on if when I get my car back that the engine build will be correct. It's a sob story that goes like this: detonated piston, forged rebuild, bad rebuild lots of smoking, back to engine builder, and now over a year after the piston initially blew hopefully this will be a good build the second time. Sucks! But yeah, cannot wait, missed driving this summer.

03snkvert

Established Member
Sounds Good.....

I will send out a PM with my Cell # as we get closer and if you don't make it to PM to cruise up with us you can meet up with us!

black six

Established Member
more than likely i'll be there..don't know what i may be driving, might be buying a 2001 Lightning or a 94 GT vert

zeus201

Established Member
Well crap...I don't think I'll be able to make this. I am 99.9% sure that we are moving everything back down that weekend and moving into our place the 19th.

Users who are viewing this thread