Mid Atlantic Cobra Owners Club?

Need a Name for the new Mid Atlantic Area Cobra club

• Mid Atlantic Cobras (MAC)

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Mid Atlantic Cobra Club (MACC)

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Mid Atlantic Area Cobra Association (MAACA)

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Capital City Cobras (CCC)

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Capital Area Cobra Club (CACC)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bay Area Cobras (BAC)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Hissssnsvt
I've been giving it some thought this week as far as my vote for a club name, while also trying to come up with a choice of my own to add to the list. If I had to choose right now, I'd prob vote for Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association(MACA) with Tri-State Terminators being my personal choice. As Dwight mentioned, club name is not really that big of a deal to me, but will be useful in promoting the club to more people.

I have to say... Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association has grown on me. I'm taking my original vote back and voting for that....

MACA for me :thumbsup:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Derek@AmazonRacing
trust me i thought about it...

and you may be 22 but have about 200 less hp. :beer:

but i cant afford the L and the cobra...

Right, I know. Sell the L to a third-party. Use the money to buy Linn's/Rick's Cobra and pay the difference :beer:

But then again, if I had an L with 500HP, I might not get rid of it either... :-D

What are your actual rw numbers?

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Blk03SVTCobra
Right, I know. Sell the L to a third-party. Use the money to buy Linn's/Rick's Cobra and pay the difference :beer:

But then again, if I had an L with 500HP, I might not get rid of it either... :-D

What are your actual rw numbers?

its stock....

actully right now it is... after the tranny ill push it alil.... maybe to 450

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Upon tallying the vote totals at the inaugural meeting, the winner of the poll is the "Mid Atlantic Cobra Association". Thanks for everyone who gave input.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Upon tallying the vote totals at the inaugural meeting, the winner of the poll is the "Mid Atlantic Cobra Association". Thanks for everyone who gave input.

:thumbsup: :beer:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Guys, not to sound discouraging, but there are a number of clubs out there already:

SVT Cobra Mustang Club (SCMC) = very active club, SVT Cobra Specific

SVT Owners Association (SVTOA) = very active club, for all Ford Family vehicles

SVT Cobra Owners Association (SCOA) = a registry site for SVT Cobras

I'm a member and helper of the first two, and was a member of SCOA in the past....I also have put together a number of meets, cruises, and a show, just by posting on the message boards, an email list, and by word of mouth....we had over 25 cobras, 12 Lightnings, and numerous other Mustangs and Fords attending....its alot of work,but its also a great time, and well worth it, as long as there are enough people involved to help out....do you plan to charter the club? collect dues? elect officers? it's alot of work, and headaches, trust me....and just getting the people to fill out a simple form and send in dues is tuff....I dont know why, probably just out of laziness....but anyhow, the SCMC and SVTOA have regional activities, and could use the help in setting up and running events....starting yet another club from scratch isnt going to be easy - how many clubs can people be members of and afford to pay dues to?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
NJ2000R said:
Guys, not to sound discouraging, but there are a number of clubs out there already:

SVT Cobra Mustang Club (SCMC) = very active club, SVT Cobra Specific

SVT Owners Association (SVTOA) = very active club, for all Ford Family vehicles

SVT Cobra Owners Association (SCOA) = a registry site for SVT Cobras

I'm a member and helper of the first two, and was a member of SCOA in the past....I also have put together a number of meets, cruises, and a show, just by posting on the message boards, an email list, and by word of mouth....we had over 25 cobras, 12 Lightnings, and numerous other Mustangs and Fords attending....its alot of work,but its also a great time, and well worth it, as long as there are enough people involved to help out....do you plan to charter the club? collect dues? elect officers? it's alot of work, and headaches, trust me....and just getting the people to fill out a simple form and send in dues is tuff....I dont know why, probably just out of laziness....but anyhow, the SCMC and SVTOA have regional activities, and could use the help in setting up and running events....starting yet another club from scratch isnt going to be easy - how many clubs can people be members of and afford to pay dues to?

Just to give you an update on the Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association...

Currently, the Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association has 67 members and we have member participation in every single Mid-Atlantic state (MD, PA, VA, DE and NJ). We have had as many as 40 people at a single event (and we've only had approximately 5 official events) and that includes people who live over 300+ miles away from the event. We collect no dues as it's currently a pay-as-you-play deal. As far as leadership goes, there are a few of us who have pretty much taken over the organizational aspects of the club and we're doing just fine. Our current growth rate is around 1.27 new members a day, since inception. We have over 17 events planned for 2005 and we're working on a few others. All our events have good turn-outs. We've had organizational meetings to work out issues such as logos, etc that have had wonderful turn-outs, after which all members are sent meeting minutes.

So as you can see we're doing just fine. We are well organized and are officially sponsored. Our logo is most likely going to be finalized before February and if you live in the Mid-Atlantic states, I promise you'll see us at some event. We have everything from member-only track rentals to car shows to cruises to plain old get-togethers planned and we always have an awesome time.

So that's where we stand. Come check us out on our forum here on SVTP:

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association Forum

There's tons of information on past events, planned events and current members there. :thumbsup:

P.S. I see that you live in New Jersey (we have members in NJ that participate too and we have plans for Englishtown events and such). If you would like to become a member of the Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association, please feel free to send me your information and I will add you to the member list. Just send the following information to [email protected] :

Title, First Name, Last Name, Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, E-mail, SVTPerformance Member Name, Year, Color and Vert/Coupe for your Cobra

Thanks a lot man and I hope to hear from you :thumbsup:

Last edited:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Sounds good, add me to the list :beer:
Thats pretty much the way I have done things up here in northern NJ....but this past summer, I was very busy with work, and the weather didn't always cooperate, so things kind of died down a bit....I think we only had a chance to do 2 meets/cruises last year....I found that it's definately easier to run when you don't have to deal with dues and the typical politics that can occur in some clubs....what kind of events do you have planned and where? I would definately be interested in joining you guys, or having you at any events up here in the north jersey area....hopefully, we'll get a show put together with a local dealer this year....that, and a few meets and cruises....and possibly an SCMC track event....of course, anyone is welcome, and if you guys want to attend as a group, that would be great....also, if anyone is interested in open track events, let me know....I'll be attending several this year at watkins glen, limerock, beaverun, summit point, gingerman, autobahn, etc....I'll post the dates, and if there is interest, come and check things out....its pretty much guaranteed that you'll be hooked once you try it :D I'll PM or email you my info....

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
NJ2000R said:
Sounds good, add me to the list :beer:
Thats pretty much the way I have done things up here in northern NJ....but this past summer, I was very busy with work, and the weather didn't always cooperate, so things kind of died down a bit....I think we only had a chance to do 2 meets/cruises last year....I found that it's definately easier to run when you don't have to deal with dues and the typical politics that can occur in some clubs....what kind of events do you have planned and where? I would definately be interested in joining you guys, or having you at any events up here in the north jersey area....hopefully, we'll get a show put together with a local dealer this year....that, and a few meets and cruises....and possibly an SCMC track event....of course, anyone is welcome, and if you guys want to attend as a group, that would be great....also, if anyone is interested in open track events, let me know....I'll be attending several this year at watkins glen, limerock, beaverun, summit point, gingerman, autobahn, etc....I'll post the dates, and if there is interest, come and check things out....its pretty much guaranteed that you'll be hooked once you try it :D I'll PM or email you my info....

As far as a schedule of events, go to our section of this site in the link I provided above. There's a thread there (probably at the bottom) concerning a beta version of our upcoming events schedule for 2005. It includes everything from drag racing, to autocross, to open track, to meets, and cruises. Come check it out over on our forum and I'll look for an e-mail when I get home tonight :thumbsup:

vipergts281

Established Member
NJ2000R said:
found it, thanks! I'll post the open track event dates when I get a chance....
Damn Ken, I see you have a 95 R now. Maybe old news, but I just noticed. Nice garage. :rockon:

I met you at a meet/cruise awhile back in Clinton, NJ at Vince's. I was actually parked next to your 00 R.

KensRandMy2000GT1.jpg

I remember Steve's 95 R as well.

2CobraRsLeaving.jpg

Take it easy. :beer:

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
Stangette03 said:
Gene... that wasn't in Clinton. That was on Rt. 46 in Fairfield (right next to Wayne). Five minutes from the Willowbrook Mall.
Leave it to the female to nit pick. :mj:

:D

I was actually going to put Fairfield, but just went with Clinton. They are very close to each other. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread