Mid Atlantic Cobra Owners Club?

Need a Name for the new Mid Atlantic Area Cobra club

• Mid Atlantic Cobras (MAC)

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Mid Atlantic Cobra Club (MACC)

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Mid Atlantic Area Cobra Association (MAACA)

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Capital City Cobras (CCC)

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Capital Area Cobra Club (CACC)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bay Area Cobras (BAC)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
A number of Cobra owners in the Mid Atlantic area (MD, VA, DE, PA, NJ) have been doing regular GTG's for the past few months and have decided to organize a Cobra club. One of the first objectives of the club is to come up with a good, representative name for the group. If you would like to be a part of this group, please vote in the above poll and refer to the following post (If you haven't done so already.....):

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129310

Please don't forget to e-mail your contact information to Sean (blk03SVTcobra) at [email protected].

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Capitol City Cobra Association
Mid Atlantic Cobra Association

right now those are my 2 choices which aren't on the list.

I am not sure if it should be Cobra or Cobras....did someone here major in english?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Actually, Troy made a good suggestion in an email to me:

East Coast Cobras

Only thing with that is since the events are going to be in the Mid-Atlantic states, the New Englanders and the more southern guys might feel left out.

I have no idea which one I like the best. :??: :shrug:

IronTerp

Hey mod Nazi....Cobras is a word. One Cobra + One Cobra = 2 COBRAS!

Not sure about having a "East Coast" theme..... Thinking it should be a much more defined geographic area. Detroit, Dallas, Pittsburg, ATlanta, and LA seem to be the big Cobra clubs right now. But, we don't necessarily have to identify with a city.

To be perfectly honest, the name is not that big of a thing to me......just want to agree on one and start using it to promote some great GTG's in the future.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
I have no idea what to vote for...

But we've only had 3 votes... I guess my current favorite is "Mid-Atlantic Cobra Club (MACC)" only because "Mid-Atlantic Cobras (MAC)" would get confused with the vendor.

Make sure you guys vote, as it will make the decision process much easier. :beer:

TRBO VNM

can't vote...my options aren't up there.

and this should be posted in other forums to let the others know what we are doing for a better response like the GTG's.

Last edited:

Dolemite

Established Member
I voted for capital city cobras, but then I thought we would be excluding some people who are from PA or NJ. My second choice is Mid Atlantic Area Cobra Association.

IronTerp

Tried to edit the Poll last night to add MACA and they wouldn't let me. If MACA is your choice, just post your support. So far, we have Jason and Scott. But, at least we have some people voting! Keep em coming....Democracy is so nice.....

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
MACA now with 4 votes....The front runner to date!

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association sounds good with me, though I casted my vote for Mid-Atlantic Cobra Club.

We need more votes

P.S. Dwight, I'll call you after work.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
I just wanted to let everyone know that, unfortunately, I forgot that I had a previous commitment in terms of the Catoctin Cruise on the 24th. It's alumni weekend at school and I have to participate in the festivities and play in our annual alumni game for lacrosse. That's on the 24th around 11. I'll already be up at the Catoctins though. The school sits on the Catoctin mountains :-D

Just wanted to let everyone know now....

I'm still in for this Sunday at 4PM though.... :thumbsup:

IronTerp

Had 10 "official" votes and another 4 for MACA......That's 14 out of a group of 30 or so Cobra owners that have recently gotten together at area GTG's for various events. Come on fellas...ante up and put your vote in so that that will be a quick order of business on Sunday......

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I've been giving it some thought this week as far as my vote for a club name, while also trying to come up with a choice of my own to add to the list. If I had to choose right now, I'd prob vote for Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association(MACA) with Tri-State Terminators being my personal choice. As Dwight mentioned, club name is not really that big of a deal to me, but will be useful in promoting the club to more people.

Users who are viewing this thread