Mickey Thompson street comp tire

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
B/C they are most likely made in SE Asia with cheap materials.

Actually, they are made by Cooper since they bought out MT back in 03 IIRC. They are likely the same thing as the RS3-S, which from what i have found is made in the U.S.:rockon:

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Yeah I know Cooper owns the MT name now. Just at the price point I'd be surprised if they were made in the USA. Or they are just trying to make their name in a new market with a low price. Maybe 2012GT can go out and look at the side wall on his. They should have Made In XXXX.

Last edited:

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
Well i know the BFG SC2s are made in the US and they are around the same price.

turd burglar

Established Member
Why the hell would they only go as wide as 275? "Designed for late model muscle cars with high horsepower and torque," yet they make em wide enough to fit on a 9.5" wheel tops? Hmmmm

Bettsie

Established Member
Get ready!!! Fourth is a sin with some here. Not a thing wrong with being in 4th. It is not an O/D gear. Keep using everything these cars have to offer :banana:

2012gtmustang

Established Member
the tread on the NEW Mickey' Thompson are very very close to those of the Cooper but not the same. the place i bought mine from says these are an entirely different compound from the Cooper's and the MT's are made overseas somewhere..prob China..but either way, im happy as can be with mine

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Looks like these are almost identical to Cooper rs3 tires. Cooper owns MT, tread looks very close and same ratings.

They are based on the RS3-S. I participated in a test/review with Cooper where I spent a decent amount of time beating on the RS3-S. If the MT's are a bit softer compound than the Cooper it will be a great street tire. Even the Cooper is a good choice. I'll have the article about the whole experience out in a few weeks.

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
They are based on the RS3-S. I participated in a test/review with Cooper where I spent a decent amount of time beating on the RS3-S. If the MT's are a bit softer compound than the Cooper it will be a great street tire. Even the Cooper is a good choice. I'll have the article about the whole experience out in a few weeks.

Any chance i can get a preview of this? Looking at getting the RS3-S for the boss and want to see how good they work.:beer:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Anyone have pics of the 285/35/19 and 255/40/19 setup? By calculation the tires should be right at 27" diameter, but for some reason on the MT website it shows the 285/35/19 to be 28.6". Can anyone shed light on that?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Should be 26.85. That is fine, but I certainly don't want an almost 29 inch high tire on my 3.31 geared 4x4 Mustang. LOL.

t-ray

Established Member
Why not mike? Go look in the official aftermarket wheel thread - there are a couple of guys running nearly a 29 inch tire.

Of course I'm kidding. In all seriousness, from a purely intellectual point of view, I wonder what kind of affect running a 29" tire would have on launching? Despite the numerical gearing impact, how would the increased height of the car affect weight transfer?

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Should be 26.85. That is fine, but I certainly don't want an almost 29 inch high tire on my 3.31 geared 4x4 Mustang. LOL.
Yeah that's where I was going with that lol...

I did manage to find another picture from someone on here with the 285/35's. They definitely don't look like they're 29"...

Users who are viewing this thread