mickey thompson et s/s defects ?

Broke Chevy

I bought a pair of 28X12R15LT from Summit. I sent one back for being out of round. You could actually see a flat spot on the tire as it was spun on the balancer. If I'd knew about had bad these tires are I would have never bought them. The new tire will be here tomorrow and I will balance the rim first to see if its the rim. $402.89 plus tax is a lot of money for a bad tire.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
A defect doesn’t make it a bad tire. All manufacturers have defects. I have a feeling you will change your opinion when you hook and go with these tires.

01yellercobra

Established Member
So they're still having issues? I've steered a couple people away from MT because I wasn't sure if they figured it out.

MG0h3

Established Member
The problems are rampant.

I’m done with them.

The ET Street IIs I got in like 2015 were awesome.

The SS replacement are shit.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

PC03GT

Established Member
Yeah I’ve been done with them since my Camaro. Which has been a while since nobody on here has heard of my Camaro ;)

I’m over them. The Nitto NT555 RII’s are the shit. Nothing but success with them.
You got ****ing at least one of everything lmao

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
My MTs hook like a mofo but anywhere above 80 on the highway and I have a shimmy. Mine are about 4 years old but only 2k miles or so.

LS WUT

Established Member
You got ****ing at least one of everything lmao
I let my Camaro go ages ago. She was a bad ass car though. It was a 1997 SS SLP with a built 396.

Attachments

• IMG_0237.jpeg
    IMG_0237.jpeg
    246.9 KB · Views: 47

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Switch to Nitto nt555r2's. Way more consistently fast street tire and doesn't ball up like junk mickeys do. I've had my 325/50/15's on for 3 seasons now.

jtkz13

Established Member
My MTs hook like a mofo but anywhere above 80 on the highway and I have a shimmy. Mine are about 4 years old but only 2k miles or so.

Same exact experience here on my last 3 sets of 305/35/18. They also will wear out the inside tread twice as fast as the outside edge if you run anything close to 30psi. I run mine at 28psi to try and get 7500 miles out of them, and thats going to the belts.

I definitely will be trying something else next time, the straightline traction is amazing, but everything else is getting less quality but the price keeps going up.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
So Goodyear bought M/T back in '21.

Source:

I put M/T Street Comps on my '01 Cobra back in 2019. I know for 100% fact, they were stamped "Made in China", but I didn't have any issues. But I also sold it a year later.

IMG_8116.jpeg

Turns out they were fakes???

**EDIT: No, not fakes. Article below is for Deegan Light Truck tires only.

But M/T statement is confusing.**

@SID297 , I found this. It's dated 12/22/22:

IMG_8117.jpeg

Source:

Last edited:

PC03GT

Established Member
Have them on my 13, never really had a problem till this last set, they're splitting at the treads. Going nitto next time

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
So Goodyear bought M/T back in '21.

Source:

I put M/T Street Comps on my '01 Cobra back in 2019. I know for 100% fact, they were stamped "Made in China", but I didn't have any issues. But I also sold it a year later.

View attachment 1805449

Turns out they were fakes???

**EDIT: No, not fakes. Article below is for Deegan Light Truck tires only.

But M/T statement is confusing.**

@SID297 , I found this. It's dated 12/22/22:

View attachment 1805445

Source:

Where did you buy them?

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
My ET Street Rs are awesome. Soft and sticky. Never ran the SSs but I’m not sure what other tire I’ll be able to run that will hook like these Rs do at mid 600s.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
a friend works at a 4x4 chain store and I'm pretty sure MT is one of them theyve been trying to steer people away from because they have too many customer issues or tires they won't mount because of how much weight is needed to balance em out.

Users who are viewing this thread