MGW T56 Magnum Shifter?

99redwj

Established Member
Just put in the order for my magnum and was wondering if anyone knew a release date or any news of production on these?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There's been talk of one coming for a couple of years now. This is great news as the Magnum T-56 is becoming a more widely used transmission.

99redwj

Established Member
Yes, I had heard a fellow mustang board member was in production with them but they needed a certain amount of buyers to make the order,but never made it I guess. I'll give him a call and report back.

oldmodman

Established Member
Several other reviews of the T-56 magnum said that the Tremec shifter is pretty good as-is. But I must say, the MGW shifter on my plain old T-56 is great compared to the stock shifter. And I called George in 2011 and he said that they might be coming our with one, but so far there had been VERY few requests.

Were you able to find a better than the usual price on the Magnum?

I am going to hope that Summit has a 15% off sale again this year, then I'll go ahead and order mine. I am really pissed at myself for not getting it two years ago when I found it for about $2300.00 delivered, no tax. But I had already spent way to much that year and just couldn't justify the expense.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I found this on the mgw website, even though they don't specifically say for Tremec magnum xl here is a preview of what their Tremec magnum shifter will look like. I wouldn't be surprised if this one works on the Tremec. Im currently awaiting a call from George at mgw to see if this is the case! My Tremec gets installed next tuesday!

1990-2004 Mustang SHORT THROW SHIFTER

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I found this on the mgw website, even though they don't specifically say for Tremec magnum xl here is a preview of what their Tremec magnum shifter will look like. I wouldn't be surprised if this one works on the Tremec. Im currently awaiting a call from George at mgw to see if this is the case! My Tremec gets installed next tuesday!

1990-2004 Mustang SHORT THROW SHIFTER

I went to that link and there is nothing there referencing the T-56 Magnum, just the regular T-56. :shrug:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
How much different could it be from the old model?

I've got the old orange model and I can't see how they could change it to be any better?

They don't make a shifter for the magnum t-56 at all, so it's going to be new. The shifter on those is different than the regular t-56. I think it's 6 bolts instead of 4 among other differences :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, you are correct. It is larger and has 6 bolts. To compare the regular T-56 and the Magnum T-56, CLICK HERE and check the photos of my shifter gasket for each. Compare Items CB-1P and CB-14P. Night and day different.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
On your gasket page the tko is closer to what the magnum is then the t-56! Do those gaskets match up?

Users who are viewing this thread