MGW Shifter

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
how many of you guys didn't put the shift stops in. George told me not to when i called. i was just wondering what they do and why i wouldn't need them. Thanks a lot

SICKBOY

Established Member
I put my stops in ...the shifter is badass...the car will do 2-3 no prob at all...under power...just ask the owner of the SS I ran into after work...

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
When I spoke to George he told me I could either use the stops or not. The t-56 has its own internal stops that is why shifter stops are not needed this comes from George. I still used mine better safe then sorry.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
BIGV said:
When I spoke to George he told me I could either use the stops or not. The t-56 has its own internal stops that is why shifter stops are not needed this comes from George. I still used mine better safe then sorry.

Evidently George has done his homework. Tremac has told him that the internal stops are enough and that if the shifter stops are out of adustment just the least little bit, the car can partially jump out of gear under load.

When that happens, some VERY bad things happen to the tranny. :uh oh:

George designed it...I would listen to his (and Tremac's) recommendations.

:beer:

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
got my mgw shifter today, the handle attaches differently than the pics on the website. lookes stronger. dont have any way to post pics, but the main difference is the handle is no longer held on by the big nut, this thing is a quality piece!

RossSVT

Established Member
Received the new springs today. Thanks George. I'll be installing this week. :thumbsup:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
I really like what I'm hearing about this shifter, and intend to order one soon. MGW...do ya'll have them in stock, or are they back-ordered?

Thanks for all the info from everyone that has contributed.

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Bob Cosby said:
I really like what I'm hearing about this shifter, and intend to order one soon. MGW...do ya'll have them in stock, or are they back-ordered?

Thanks for all the info from everyone that has contributed.

bob,

please call me today at 706-793-1770

regards
george

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
put mine on this past weekend...one thing they left out in the instructions was that the dust boot is stapled to the metal square (ring if you will) holding it in place...other than that, it was a fairly simple install :thumbsup:

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
swlacobra said:
got my mgw shifter today, the handle attaches differently than the pics on the website. lookes stronger. dont have any way to post pics, but the main difference is the handle is no longer held on by the big nut, this thing is a quality piece!

What is it held on with?

thanks,
Crowley

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
blk04cobra1 said:
put mine on this past weekend...one thing they left out in the instructions was that the dust boot is stapled to the metal square (ring if you will) holding it in place...other than that, it was a fairly simple install :thumbsup:

not sure what you mean here as you do not remove the dust boot from the metal ring. the whole metal ring is to be unbolted from the car??

:shrug:

please call me if you had any problems with the install. my instructions may need to be clearer ,

regards
george

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
G03SVT said:
just received mine yesterday, i can't wait to install it. shipping didn't take long at all.

If you received yours yesterday i should get mine today hopefully. would like to install over christmas can't wait.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Just talked to George - shifter are in stock, and I ordered mine today. Looking forward to seeing how it performs.

Thanks George!
Bob

Users who are viewing this thread