MGW shifter, yes, SHIFTER in the works

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Well, if it's true that their shifter will offer shorter throws, smoother shifts, and no noise, I'll certainly try one.

I have a Tri-Ax right now and the noise was so bad, I had to put the stock handle on it just to make it tolerable.

Unfortunately, I still end up turning on the radio when hard-shifting into 3rd.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
The tranny noise in my car is embarrassing/annoying, especially when I take people for a ride in it. Trying to tell 'em the noise is "normal" for this car doesn't quite work. They still think something is broke. It was terrible w/ the stock shifter, and only got worse with the additions of the MGW handle then the Tri Ax.

I'd definitely be interested in a quiet shifter.

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by RUgoinup?
The tranny noise in my car is embarrassing/annoying, especially when I take people for a ride in it. Trying to tell 'em the noise is "normal" for this car doesn't quite work. They still think something is broke. It was terrible w/ the stock shifter, and only got worse with the additions of the MGW handle then the Tri Ax.

I'd definitely be interested in a quiet shifter.

ask your friends if they have ever been in a car with a tremec tranny. They are noisy no matter how you look at it. some more than others. My friend with a 97 saleen spent the money on a viper tranny and his whines like a bitch in 5th. nothing you can do. It isn't ford.

sjw985

Established Member
I used to think it was bad too. Then one day I watched some GTR-type racing. Suddenly I thought to myself, "Wow, my transmission almost sounds like a real race car".

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
hey guys,

sorry for being so vague but we have a detailed utility patent in the works and i do not w2ant to give ANY details until it is finlaized and pending. BUT...

the shifter is very unique and will provide some serious benefits over the standard clones out there.

it will NOT however make a tremec tranny dead quiet as it obviously will never be albe to remove internaql tranny noise. what it does do is remove the shifter from a direct link to the tranny in such a unique way that it really supresses bothj noise and vibration. the 6 speeds are noisy but this shifter will be as quiet or MORE quiet than stock.

more details in the next few weeks.

regards
george

dragon93308

Established Member
Im in the market for a new shifter right now, im trying to decide weather i should just wait for this one or just buy a tri-ax. I hope this thing comes out soon.

330racing

SVT Poster Boy
Established Member
Since everyone is interested in this....just putting this out there:

Please email me if you want quick payment for a Pro 5.0 or a Tri-ax. I need a shifter and either of these will be good enough for me :) [email protected]

Thanks

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
I noticed the same thing from my tremec with my upr blue thunder shifter. I replaced the handle with a roush JR handle, b/c it uses the bushings off the stock shifter. Definitely not the prime quarter miler shifter, but at least it's not as noisy. It also positions the shiftknob much closer to me so I no longer have to lean forward to reach the shifter. Never could understand why Ford positioned the shifter so damn far forward.

Users who are viewing this thread