Mgw shifter available now for 2013 gt500>>

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
HEY GUYS,

i didnt want to assume until we got a car in to confirm but the MGW GT500 shifter will fit the 2013 GT500.

also,

we have a new shift knob coming out in about 3 weeks that i think REALLY feels the best and looks killer with these cars. i will post up pics as soon as we finish them.

regards
george

Zeroescence

Established Member
Sounds good. Can't wait to see if I'm going with you or speed dawg for the shift knob. I'm still in the air about the barton or MGW shifter as I hear great things about both.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
same here...im waiting for some owner feedback. I want a tighter, crisper shifter without compromising too much tranny noise and such! cant wait! thanx for the update!

jonesd

Established Member
mgw > barton shifter by far! In fact, out of all the shifters ive tried on s197 with the tr6060 trans, mgw is by far the best imo.

George, PM me when you confirm they fit and have the new shift knob made, i will order one.

carguy19

Established Member
I had a MGW in my fox body cars.

then I had an MGW in my terminator fox body (engine tranny rear etc from termi)

The MGW is the best shifter I've ever felt hands down,

Ive never driven an actual SN197 w a MGW but I've checked it out standing still and rode in a car with it. Its as quiet as the stock shifter (my friend was driving in his 2011 GT500) , and very precise when I tried it out w the car standing still.

I'm getting one when my 13 comes in.

carguy19

Established Member
Haha

I get sn95 and s197 mixed up.

I helped a friend put a new 5.0 motor in is 95 cobra last month so technically that can be a SN197 couldnt it>??> haha

WAL

Established Member
HEY GUYS,

i didnt want to assume until we got a car in to confirm but the MGW GT500 shifter will fit the 2013 GT500.

also,

we have a new shift knob coming out in about 3 weeks that i think REALLY feels the best and looks killer with these cars. i will post up pics as soon as we finish them.

regards
george

Thanks for the info. Based upon what I've seen, I'm leaning toward the MGW. Once I've got my '13, I'll make my decision. By the way, I liked your install video.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
In reference to the MGW GT500 shifter:

Just wait till you guys feel this thing in a car. You'll go to your dealer with an MGW shifter in a box and demand they install it under warranty to make the car shift like it should have from the start.

jonesd

Established Member
In reference to the MGW GT500 shifter:

This is so incredibly true. Every time i've used the mgw on my tr6060 built s197's i've always wondered why they didn't put THAT in gt500's, its simply incredible! Practically same noise as stock, and incredible shifts... kinda hard to beat lol.

Zeroescence

Established Member
I ordered my MGW for my 13 on Saturday, I hope it ships soon. Changed my transmission fluid to Amsoil on saturday as well. It made a difference but I still have the grind issue, Not as much as before but still there.

On the shifter I'm not sure it'll fix the 1st to 2nd grind but I bought it to make the shifts less knotchy and more positive. I hate the rubber bouncy feeling with all the play and slack. These cars from the factory should have much nicer/quality shifters.

jonesd

Established Member
I ordered my MGW for my 13 on Saturday, I hope it ships soon. Changed my transmission fluid to Amsoil on saturday as well. It made a difference but I still have the grind issue, Not as much as before but still there.

On the shifter I'm not sure it'll fix the 1st to 2nd grind but I bought it to make the shifts less knotchy and more positive. I hate the rubber bouncy feeling with all the play and slack. These cars from the factory should have much nicer/quality shifters.

I ordered mine Tuesday night and it shipped out today. There turn around time from the past when i have dealt with them seemed to be 4-7 days just depending.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
I want to order one of these. Can somebody tell me which thread pitch I need so that I can use my stock '13 shift knob? Is it the 12 x 1.25 or 10 x 1.25 thread?
S.

Zeroescence

Established Member
Installed mine today, Guess what Guys!?! No more 1st-2nd grind. WOOT WOOT! This thing is amazing. Definitely worth the $360. Took me 1.2 hours to install on a lift by myself. I tried every which way to get her to grind and it just doesn't anymore. On the way to my buddies lift to install the MGW, I tried to see if I get the grind I did twice. I said to myself " I hope this shifter helps ". On my way home I got a screw near my sidewall of the rear tire and now I have to wait to buy a new tire to drive my car more. My damn luck. SUCKS!:bash:

VaporDude

Established Member
Installed mine today, Guess what Guys!?! No more 1st-2nd grind. WOOT WOOT! This thing is amazing. Definitely worth the $360. Took me 1.2 hours to install on a lift by myself. I tried every which way to get her to grind and it just doesn't anymore. On the way to my buddies lift to install the MGW, I tried to see if I get the grind I did twice. I said to myself " I hope this shifter helps ". On my way home I got a screw near my sidewall of the rear tire and now I have to wait to buy a new tire to drive my car more. My damn luck. SUCKS!:bash:

I guess it wasn't your day. Have a few cool ones. :beer: That will help take off the edge.

BossAnaki

Established Member

Congats on the shifter getting rid of the grind.:beer: Sorry to hear about your tire.:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread