Meziere Coyote Electric water pump Tested:

Shaun@AED

I pulled the trigger and had one of Meziere's Coyote water pumps sent to the shop for testing. (both dyno and track)

I did 4 back to back dyno pulls with both the stock and Meziere water pump allowing 5 minutes between pulls aside from the last 2 pulls which I didn't shut off the car, just made one pull after another.
The tightest 2 dyno graphs (of the 4 runs each) are overlayed below:

MeziereElectricWaterPumpDyno.gif

Drag strip results conclude the power gain from 5K to redline are accurate. The car was consistently .1 second faster on every run.

-Shaun
AED

jonp

Established Member
Real World no B.S. testing? More please!

Note to manufacturers: please send people like this your stuff to test. I'm surprised we don't see this more. They've been doing it with electronics for years.

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
What kind of load does it put on the electrical system (amps) ? Just curious

george.arnold

Established Member
Real World no B.S. testing? More please!

Note to manufacturers: please send people like this your stuff to test. I'm surprised we don't see this more. They've been doing it with electronics for years.

Artificially inflated results from pristine conditions just produce bigger numbers. That's why they don't do this more often, and that's the unfortunate part.

Bud

Established Member
Thanks for posting up the info, would be a nice piece for cooling between rounds

acrbill

Established Member
I just read an article in a Mustang magazine where they mentioned that they tested an electric water pump for the Cobra Jet 5.0 and that it did not allow for adequate cooling and it caused the engine to run hot and pull timing. Any idea of what pump they may have tried?

wbt

Banned
I just read an article in a Mustang magazine where they mentioned that they tested an electric water pump for the Cobra Jet 5.0 and that it did not allow for adequate cooling and it caused the engine to run hot and pull timing. Any idea of what pump they may have tried?

It was the same pump setup.

kdanner has been running one of these for months. It is nice to help cool the car down between runs. There are many more beneficial items to pick over this such as an anti-roll bar, billet oil pump gears, damper, etc... The price doesn't justify any gains if they exist. I state that as a big IF because we haven't pinpointed any over several months of running the car.

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
How much do one of those go for? Give me a price please. I'd like to get one of those and indtall it with a 170* thermostat.

tt54l32v

Established Member
It was the same pump setup.

kdanner has been running one of these for months. It is nice to help cool the car down between runs. There are many more beneficial items to pick over this such as an anti-roll bar, billet oil pump gears, damper, etc... The price doesn't justify any gains if they exist. I state that as a big IF because we haven't pinpointed any over several months of running the car.

Just curious do you and Kdanner have a website?
If so stay on it.
If not just stop posting here and start one.

FIFTY

Established Member
Impressive as usually, you never disappoint tuna, your going to definitely break my bank whenever I get my car back! CANT WAIT FOR 10's!!!

86merc

Established Member
Thanks for posting results Shaun! Using the dyno and track toveryify the results is greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread