Metallica debut new song "Cyanide"

Got Boost?

Established Member
For me it just seems like they don't know how to create a good intro anymore. Master of Puppets, Sanitarium, Ride the Lightning, Fade to Black, Battery, One, The Thing That Should Not Be all have a distinctive beginning. All the new stuff is just like "ok, on the count of three I'll start yelling, you hit the drums and don't skimp on the cymbals, and you guys on the strings just have at it"

yeah, for me harvester of sorrow intro is the sickest of thier songs.

i didnt care much for this one, and dont like any songs off thier last CD. their old shit was ridiculously good though, im not sure if any band will ever be able to compare with them in their prime.

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
I am just a recent Metallica fan (really got interested about 3 years ago), and I will definately buy this album. I am not a die-hard fan, but they are one of my favorite bands.

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
I always found this funny as I fail to see how that has effected anyone in any way shape or form?:shrug:

I'm I missing something here?

it was the fact that they were complaining about not getting the money. it just seems like they're all about the money not the music

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
i dig it. sounds kinda rough, but hell, its the first time played live. i dig the new sound. and best of all, THE TOUR STARTS OFF IN AZ!!!!! i cannot wait!!

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I like the guitar riff... definitely alot better then that St. Anger bullshit. I'll reserve final judgement till after I hear the studio version; James' vocals in this live mix really overpowers everything else. Not a big fan of the breakdown & the part where the song slows down though. I got tired of the song after about 3:20 into it.

I still think Motley Crue's "Saints of Los Angeles" is the best thing to come out so far this year though...

jzepp

Established Member
Metallica is still around?? LOL. I use to like their older stuff. I gave up on them seeing as they havent had a good song in years.

Last edited:

Stalker27

Established Member
Song sux, Mettallica needs to quit. I guess i'm living in the past too. I hate what Hetfield's voice sounds like now

tama

Mastermind
Established Member
it was the fact that they were complaining about not getting the money. it just seems like they're all about the money not the music

No they weren't. They complained that I Disappear was leaked before released on the MI 2 soundtrack......then it become a bigger mess and confrontation. Everybody should know by know that musicians get most of there bank off of tours and merchandise....not albums.

The main reason a band wants there album to sell well is so that their promoters and labels will cough up upfront money for their tour.

Wintermute

Banned
tama said:
No they weren't. They complained that I Disappear was leaked before released on the MI 2 soundtrack......then it become a bigger mess and confrontation.

Uh yeah, then they hired a private company to track all their songs on Napster, record the user names of over 300,000 people, and deliver those names directly to Napster; demanding they be banned. Ulrich also whined in front of a Senate committee.

They are money-grubbing whores with no real regard for their fans, and people (like me) have long memories. Thats the story.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread