Metallica debut new song "Cyanide"

tama

Mastermind
Established Member
Uh yeah, then they hired a private company to track all their songs on Napster, record the user names of over 300,000 people, and deliver those names directly to Napster; demanding they be banned. Ulrich also whined in front of a Senate committee.

They are money-grubbing whores with no real regard for their fans, and people (like me) have long memories. Thats the story.

Banned. But not one lawsuit files against their fans in regards to money.....doesn't sound like money grubbing whores to me.

Quite frankly no musician has to have any regards to their fans. They are like everything else in life. They offer product. Either you like and buy or don't. You aren't entitled to anything.

From countless fans and musicians around the world these guys are grade A class acts. From how they treat bands touring with them to how the treat their fans in the meet and greets.

In the end it's about music. Either you like it or don't. But if you have such a vagina that you care so much about a file sharing base you have interest that is not in regards to music.

I respect people who say there music sucks. Everyone has there preferred taste......but to cry years after the Napster incident......what's even funnier is many artist came out years after the fact with one foot in the water and one out. They realized what Metallica did was beneficial to up and coming small artist but sided with the fans because apparantly metallica has enough money in their pockets.

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
They realized what Metallica did was beneficial to up and coming small artist but sided with the fans because apparantly metallica has enough money in their pockets.

actually it was mostly beneficial to the bigger bands.. the little guys, who have a hard time getting their music at that time, programs like napster helped distribute their music such as demos. to the public without having to pay.

im friends with lots of bands (metal bands), they all say that they had hard time getting their music to the people til' p2p became popular.

these days, its alot easier, with sites like Myspace or FaceBook, where these bands can share their music on their profile.

jmk97GT

Established Member
Did nobody like the new Disturbed cd

I loved it :rockon:, Facade, Haunted, Divide, The Night...amazing songs! I usually just listen to the entire album all the way through.

But DM isn't out yet...how can Megadeth UA be superior?:shrug:

Of course I'm jumping the gun a little bit, but most likely the song they chose to "release" first is probably the one they're most proud of, or at the very least a top 3 song on the album. The song was OK at best, since the sound quality is bad you can't be too harsh.

UA has at least 5 songs that in my opinion are much better metal songs than "Cyanide". Again, it is my opinion, and this is a forum which is a place where opinions are expressed. If I am proven wrong I will make sure to admit to eating my words in the DM thread that will inevitably be started when the album comes out ;-).

I am not a Metallica hater, in fact they are the band that got me into metal, however I feel that Megadeth has stayed truer to their roots and put out better METAL music consistantly.

tama

Mastermind
Established Member
actually it was mostly beneficial to the bigger bands.. the little guys, who have a hard time getting their music at that time, programs like napster helped distribute their music such as demos. to the public without having to pay.

im friends with lots of bands (metal bands), they all say that they had hard time getting their music to the people til' p2p became popular.

these days, its alot easier, with sites like Myspace or FaceBook, where these bands can share their music on their profile.

I agree with you that today it is. My buddy and his Death Metal Band have had it alot easier with myspace and hooking up with local bands and getting recognition.

But a few years ago even though bands had there music distributed honestly most people were not out there bying up these albums as they already had the music burnt to there desk tops and such. Labels would then drop said bands.

tama

Mastermind
Established Member
I loved it :rockon:, Facade, Haunted, Divide, The Night...amazing songs! I usually just listen to the entire album all the way through.

Of course I'm jumping the gun a little bit, but most likely the song they chose to "release" first is probably the one they're most proud of, or at the very least a top 3 song on the album. The song was OK at best, since the sound quality is bad you can't be too harsh.

UA has at least 5 songs that in my opinion are much better metal songs than "Cyanide". Again, it is my opinion, and this is a forum which is a place where opinions are expressed. If I am proven wrong I will make sure to admit to eating my words in the DM thread that will inevitably be started when the album comes out ;-).

I am not a Metallica hater, in fact they are the band that got me into metal, however I feel that Megadeth has stayed truer to their roots and put out better METAL music consistantly.

I'm not attacking your opinion...just stated I thought it wasn't fair yet. UA could very well be better then DM.

I have hopes since I do enjoy this song. By no means the best song ever but I thought it better then anything off St. Anger. I try to only compare to their latest effort and not there entire catalog.

According to several reviews of 6 songs previewed for several magazines last month "Cyanide" was one of the least enjoyed tunes. Also they have filmed "The Day That Never Comes" as there first single which will be released later this month.

So I'm hoping for a solid album. Doesnt have to be mind blowing....just solid.:beer:

jmk97GT

Established Member
I'm not attacking your opinion...just stated I thought it wasn't fair yet. UA could very well be better then DM.

I have hopes since I do enjoy this song. By no means the best song ever but I thought it better then anything off St. Anger. I try to only compare to their latest effort and not there entire catalog.

According to several reviews of 6 songs previewed for several magazines last month "Cyanide" was one of the least enjoyed tunes. Also they have filmed "The Day That Never Comes" as there first single which will be released later this month.

So I'm hoping for a solid album. Doesnt have to be mind blowing....just solid.:beer:

I agree that song is 100% better than any St. Anger song, haha. I also hope its good, but I think its being hyped up way too much for how "eh" Cyanide was.

sub92loyill

short was never this wide
Established Member
Badass, I will always love Metallica.

same here. Metallica rocks. And I will listen to this album like crazy. I remember the first time I heard AJFA I thought it sounded ridiculous, now it's by far my favorite album of all time, and arguably the best metal album of all time. This album strikes me similarly, I like the length and the edgy awkwardness. And Rob Trujillo is the man. He carries the band half the time.

End rant

Leeroy697

Established Member
tama, as the first person to link me to an official new metallica song, you are now owed and entire night of free drinks from me at any point in the future.

Joe louis arena, january 13th - metallica bitches!!!!!

oh hell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ecarlcl

Established Member
:bowdown: The Black Album
Now thats an album that will get the pussy drippin'.

Kill em All or Master of Puppets are probably my favorites. I like lots of their stuff even after the Black Album. The Merciful Fate covers on the Garage INC album just blows me away. After Saint Anger though.. I lost faith.

Qwk GT

Established Member
To me, everything released after the black album sucked... I actually thought that they were going downhill even when the black album was released. And Justice For All was their best album.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Complaining how they did all the Napster "BS"... thats how artists make a living is selling their music. I dont see what is so bad about it.

sb306

Established Member
Its tough to compare anything to master of puppets or ride the lightning etc. Hell, all of the covers kicked ass too. Like blitzkrieg, am I evil, and garage days. Some of the intros to the old stuff seem like they go on forever and are very distinctive, like damage inc, disposable heroes. It seems like some of the intros last as long as some songs you hear these days. Its crazy to listen to the old stuff and think that those albums were coming out in the mid 80s. Everything you hear on the radio just doesnt compare. I still get chills when I hear the old stuff. Yea, i said it. So ****ing what ;-)

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I don't really care for this new song. It may be muddied up with a crappy recording. So, I will give them a chance, but I don't have my hopes up too high for them.

I do agree that Megadeth has been much more consistant. I am a bigger Megadeth fan than Metallica. I always have been, though.

Users who are viewing this thread