Messed up my 2018 intake manifold

White&BlackCoyote

Established Member
Hey guys, So I bought a 2018 ported intake manifold to install on my 2014 GT. In the process of installing it, I found that the left front side did not clear the coolant housing bolt. I was expecting that problem as Bill@HPTuners install guide mentioned this. I dremelled down the IM in that corner but still wouldn't clear. I kept taking little by little off but still was not able to get it to clear. Eventually I dremelled to far and went through the wall of the intake manifold so now there is a very small hole there.

Am I completely screwed or does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Really kicking myself for doing this as I knew it was going to happen but kept thinking "I can take another millimeter off and be fine". Thanks for any input!

96gt02

Established Member
You should have bought the alternate coolant neck, but im sure if you can use some kind of epoxy on it

White&BlackCoyote

Established Member
You should have bought the alternate coolant neck, but im sure if you can use some kind of epoxy on it

I am planning on trying to use some JB weld, potentially grinding down the bolt to make some room. Where do you find the alternate coolant neck? I couldn't find anything on a quick google search. Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread