Merge the two GT500 forums?

07-12 Owners: Should the two GT500 technical forums be merged?

• Yes, unite us! We are all S197 bretheren

Votes: 37 86.0%
  • No. Those guys smell...

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
This post/poll in no way will form/shape policy here. Depending on the results, we could petition the board leadership to merge if a majority want to do so. Ultimately, its their choice.

Do you think the two GT500 forums should be merged together? Should they remain separate? I have always have been curious what others have thought.

Im posting one of these in the 13-14 section. Please add your vote and post up a reason for or against. There are so many of us that have similar build lists, upgrade paths, owned multiple gt500s that to ME (my opinion) it seems like we ought to be under one section.

What say you?

Scsponger31

Established Member
I am not a huge contributor on this forum, but I do end reading in both sections. Having a 12' lends to getting relevant information in both places.

RBB

Established Member
Good idea Lexus. I always read both sections, so it would be much easier to just combine the two. The 13-14 has a few notable differences, but IMO, not enough to warrant a separate section on the forums.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Off-topic, but I didn’t realize so many people specifically browse the sub-forums so regularly. Typically, I just hit new posts and see what’s going on everywhere. If I’m looking for something in particular, I search it instead of looking through the countless pages in a sub-forum.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Read my reply in your other thread which is a duplicate of this. Which BTW is against the site rules.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Nope. Except for the first 2 threads on these forums about dyno & ET the sections should not be merged. Twice the fun visiting both GT500 forums .

Fast Ford

Established Member
They share commonality in the fact that their Ford Mustang Shelby GT500's, other than that the 2013-2014 are different cars, so no keep them separate.

One thing the Cobra Forum is incorrect on, is the description on the earlier car dates. The forum states "Technical discussion of the 2007-2013 SVT Shelby GT500", it should read "Technical discussion of the 2007-2012 SVT Shelby GT500".

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
No attempt to cause chaos 03Cobra here. But that was kind of the issue as far as the similar posts. We have 2 different GT500 sections. I can totally see a need for a separate 13-14 specific subforum, but at the end of the day we are all S197 GT500s.

The Terminator was so radically different from every other Cobra before it. Its easy to see why it has its own dedicated sections.

I think that a general S197 GT500 general technical forum would be beneficial to the section.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It doesn't make sense to have a separate '13/'14 GT500 sub-forum. What makes it different enough to even warrant one? Don't say the engine, either, because if that's the case, the '11/'12 should have it's own sub-forum, too.

blowbye

Bangin gears
Established Member
They should be merged. If your going to argue they are seperate cars then we need to make new forums for the 07-09, 10, 11-12, and 13-14. The fact that the moderators dont even give a damn about what the users of this forum would like, shows the decline of this forum.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
This forum section is in decline. That’s a fact. BJ pretty much gone, nothing from VMP anymore. Don’t hear from Justin since he’s big time now. Van doesn’t chime in. No one chimes in on tech discussions.

Merging would make things more exciting again with more members involved in 1 section

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
That is pretty much the same everywhere. The GT500 is getting long in the tooth and everyone is waiting for the next greatest thing. Even over on that udder GT500 forum contribution is waaaay down. They have to rely on talking about Lotus, Jeeps, Lambos, etc just to keep it going. Heck even their sponsorship's are disappearing. If and when they come out with another GT500 I am sure they will make it a stand along sub forum also leaving us hanging.

Edit:
I see they already have a new sub forum for the new GT500 if and when it ever arrives.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You guys make these sections what they are, not the staff. It ultimately comes down to the guy that owns it, not us.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
This forum section is in decline. That’s a fact. BJ pretty much gone, nothing from VMP anymore. Don’t hear from Justin since he’s big time now. Van doesn’t chime in. No one chimes in on tech discussions.

Merging would make things more exciting again with more members involved in 1 section
Huh? What.? Don't write me off just yet

[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread