Merge the two GT500 forums?

13-14 Owners: Should the two GT500 technical forums be merged?

• Yes, unite us! We are all S197 GT500 bretheren

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • No. Those guys smell...

Votes: 20 51.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
This post/poll in no way will form/shape policy here. Depending on the results, we could petition the board leadership to merge if a majority want to do so. Ultimately, its their choice.

Do you think the two GT500 forums should be merged together? Should they remain separate? I have always have been curious what others have thought.

Im posting one of these in the 07-12 section. Please add your vote and post up a reason for or against. There are so many of us that have similar build lists, upgrade paths, owned multiple gt500s that to ME (my opinion) it seems like we ought to be under one section.

What say you?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
the 13/14 GT500s are different in a couple ways but overall they are all similar enough, I think we should do the forum layout like the terminator section.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
But those guys smell. If it were a year thing then hi di ho neighbor. The issue I run into is that some parts and installations apply to all years EXCEPT 2013-2014. With the specific forum at least I have a chance to ask a question of like owners without it boiling down to the most desirable year as it always does on a merged forum.

Not at all a terrible idea. lexustech48 has excellent posts about working on these vehicles no matter the year.

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
I think LT48 has a good point. The cars are very similar in a lot of ways and the lines between them get blurred as we modify them with the same aftermarket components. I have a 2010, but find myself getting content from both GT500 forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
I agree with LT, the difference is not as big as the 03/04 and 99/01 Cobras,
and I had some questions/threads in the past that is for both forums but I wasn't sure where to post it. There are many topics relevant for both.

This came up before and my answer was no, but now I think it'll be better to merge.

djniknala

Established Member
One of the reasons I come in here is because it’s specific to the 13-14. Different displacement, supercharger, fuel system, cams, intercooler, heat exchanger, intercooler pump, TR6060 ratios, driveshaft. Some of the questions that get asked that have much different answers: Do I need a bap? Should I upgrade my HE? Are 4.10 too much? What do I need to run E85? So for me it’s a No.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I'd also vote no on the merge. As a former '08 owner now owning a '13
I recognize the distinct differences between the two models . I enjoy that there are two forums. If they were merged a person posting would have to specifically mentioned their year or at least have it in their signature or folks might respond with misguided assistance.
I've learned VOLUMES on the 07-12 forum about commonalities with my 2013 model ...especially how guys make power with certain mods that apply to all our cars. Having the certain model I usually log on to the '13-14 section first but always appreciate going to the other forum section as well. No Merge here.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I think there are more similarities than differences. But I can and will continue to post in both forums. My car is somewhat of a hybrid of the two. 5.8 built shortblock, 13-14 transmission and driveshaft, 13-14 intercooler and intercooler pump.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This idea is kinda like mixing the terminator and the other cobra sections. My vote would be no go.
Brad, that is the exact reason why I voted against merging them, even though I don't own a GT-500. There was a (good) reason for separating them to begin with, so IMO it's best to leave them as is.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I always wondered why the ( 11/12 ) MY's didn't have it's own forum, 2 year engine run like the ( 13/14 )..

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Bunch of 13/14 pansies not wanting to merge the two forums. lol

I thought it was a good idea.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Its been a great discussion so far. Lots of good pros and cons. Maybe a solution could be a general GT500 tech/discussion forum?

Users who are viewing this thread