Mens (semi) formal wear thread. Come join in on the gayness!

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
i always wear a square toed shoe when i go out to the clubs and stuff... and i'm not gay... LoL

to be completely honest if chicks like guys that wore clown suits, i would buy one... LoL sad but true...

M3xpress

Established Member
Last wedding I went to, I wore this:
Shoes:
allen-edmonds-park-avenue.jpg

Laces out Dan!!

To me, this style shoe (color appropriate) is always what I considered as a formal suit shoe.

Every wedding I've been in, a lace up style shoe was used with the tux.

sub92loyill

short was never this wide
Established Member
Euphoric One, I just noticed your avatar. I'm sitting here listening to John Galt's speech on youtube. That type of stuff pumps me up... awesome coincidence.

For the shoes, consider this - The ones on the right would look better/are more commonly seen with jeans, therefore they are less formal. (this is my opinion, but laceless shoes aren't commonly worn in a strictly formal situation. It all depends on a variety of things.)

Honestly though, I don't like either shoe.

Last edited:

txyaloo

Established Member
Euphoric One, I just noticed your avatar. I'm sitting here listening to John Galt's speech on youtube. That type of stuff pumps me up... awesome coincidence.

For the shoes, consider this - The ones on the right would look better/are more commonly seen with jeans, therefore they are less formal. (this is my opinion, but laceless shoes aren't commonly worn in a strictly formal situation. It all depends on a variety of things.)

Honestly though, I don't like either shoe.

The most formal shoe for a man is this style.... Yes, I know it has a bow.

brooks_bros_pumps_classic_cropped.gif

Second most formal would be a patent leather balmoral.

Spencer_single_small.gif

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
Last wedding I went to, I wore this:

Suit:
035K_GREY

Shirt:
E243_WHITE

Tie:
7A82_YELLOW

Shoes:
allen-edmonds-park-avenue.jpg

Watch:
br8383-skyland_ambiance__zoom.jpg

Strong call on the suit and watch!! :beer: Who is the suit made by and how much?$?

I bought a cheaper suit this time due to the fact it won't fit me by this time next year (hopefully), but I still wanted it to fit right. Stupid ass weight gain/loss/gain/loss.

Full circle back to the beginning, after listening to jurors consisting of hot chicks and younger, non-douchebags, the verdict is square-toed, laced shoes for the wedding, the square-toed with a buckle for casual wear and shoes similar to what Txyaloo posted for business.

....with an Affliction undershirt. :lol::lol: :bs:

txyaloo

Established Member
Strong call on the suit and watch!! :beer: Who is the suit made by and how much?$?

I bought a cheaper suit this time due to the fact it won't fit me by this time next year (hopefully), but I still wanted it to fit right. Stupid ass weight gain/loss/gain/loss.

Full circle back to the beginning, after listening to jurors consisting of hot chicks and younger, non-douchebags, the verdict is square-toed, laced shoes for the wedding, the square-toed with a buckle for casual wear and shoes similar to what Txyaloo posted for business.

....with an Affliction undershirt. :lol::lol: :bs:

Suit is a Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece. Retail is around $1600. Quite often you can get them a little cheaper on sale. Shirt and tie are also Brooks Brothers. Shirt is ~$130 and tie is ~$75. Shoes are brown Allen Edmonds Park Avenues - ~$300. Watch is a Breitling Avenger Skyland - MSRP is way too much. :lol:

Hot chicks may know about dressing themselves, but they really don't know anything about how a professional should dress. You need to ask rich MILFs about that. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread