Mens (semi) formal wear thread. Come join in on the gayness!

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
Easily the gayest thread I've ever created, but I just bought a new suit today and I was having a debate with my friend about what type of shoes you wear with a semi-formal suit (wedding).

Out of the shoes below, which is proper for business and which is proper for semi-formal wear?

I'll make up for this with a future watch thread. :lol1:

EDIT: So what would everyone else wear to a wedding? Shoes, style of suit, shirt, tie, etc.?

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I wouldn't wear the shoe on the right under any circumstance. But I would say that it is more formal.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
The usual rule of thumb is that laces=casual.

The ones are the left are more formal.

BTW I dont see anything wrong with those shoes...

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
right side looks more comfortable..slip on is always a winner in my book. Left side is sharp though. Assuming the suit is black or Gray, either one looks good.

bscarberry

Established Member
Don't limit your choices to just those 2. Have you considered a sensible pump or wedge yet???

J/K I'll take the one on the right... laces in dress shoes are for 60 year old men

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
The shoe on the right has a buckle that I'm taking flack for though. No buckle with a suit?

A buckle?... Then laced shoes... Or you could just wear this hat to complete the outfit.
Pilgrim%20Hat.jpg

THE_STIG

Established Member
I own the shoe on the right OP, it is very comfortable, I wear it with my suit for weddings and formal events.

txyaloo

Established Member
Neither is proper for business. WTF is wrong with people and their square toed shoes? I would wear neither of those with a suit. Square toes = casual or an idiot that doesn't know how they should dress for business.

Since it's a wedding, they may be ok with a sport coat, but are still crappy shoes that shouldn't be worn with a suit.

If you want a business and even a casual wedding shoe, the Park Avenue is the way to go.

5615.jpg

More Fortune 500 execs wear that shoe than any other.

canibus

Established Member
If you absolutely have to, wear the ones on the left. If you can, look around a bit more. There's nothing wrong with lookig good.

Users who are viewing this thread