Mens (semi) formal wear thread. Come join in on the gayness!

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Easily the gayest thread I've ever created, but I just bought a new suit today and I was having a debate with my friend about what type of shoes you wear with a semi-formal suit (wedding).

Out of the shoes below, which is proper for business and which is proper for semi-formal wear?

I'll make up for this with a future watch thread. :lol1:

You're gay. Very gay. :lol:

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
Neither is proper for business. WTF is wrong with people and their square toed shoes? I would wear neither of those with a suit. Square toes = casual or an idiot that doesn't know how they should dress for business.

Since it's a wedding, they may be ok with a sport coat, but are still crappy shoes that shouldn't be worn with a suit.

If you want a business and even a casual wedding shoe, the Park Avenue is the way to go.

5615.jpg

More Fortune 500 execs wear that shoe than any other.

haha damnit, now there are rules against square toed shoes shoes?! :cuss:

The rounded toes just seem overdone and old fashioned. :??::??:

You're gay. Very gay. :lol:

CSD is teaching me the art of the perfect fist pump next week. :rockon:

I can't wait for his watch thread. Which looks better? My Fossil, or my Swatch?

:lol::lol: bastard! Call me a dork, but I have a thing for Movado watches. :beer:

txyaloo

Established Member
haha damnit, now there are rules against square toed shoes shoes?! :cuss:

The rounded toes just seem overdone and old fashioned. :??::??:

The word you're looking for is classic. If you think they're overdone because you see so many, that should tell you something. Square toe = someone who watches too much MTV.

:lol::lol: bastard! Call me a dork, but I have a thing for Movado watches. :beer:

I'm sure they go well with your affliction shirts. Movado is ok if a little plain, but I'm too big to wear them. Anything smaller than 42mm looks tiny on my wrists. I try and stick between 42 and 48mm.

Last edited:

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
I'm sure they go well with your affliction shirts. Movado is ok if a little plain, but I'm too big to wear them. Anything smaller than 42mm looks tiny on my wrists. I try and stick between 42 and 48mm.

I don't own one, but it's always been on my wish list. Oddly enough, I would have the opposite problem with my wrists. :lol::lol:

txyaloo

Established Member
I don't own one, but it's always been on my wish list. Oddly enough, I would have the opposite problem with my wrists. :lol::lol:

Save your money and get a fake one. They're not hard to fake. I'm sure they'd be awesome with your Affliction, Ed Hardy, and square toe shoes.

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
OK, so lets expand...you guys have a wedding to go to. What do you wear, right down to the shoes, suit, shirt, tie, etc.?

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
Neither is proper for business. WTF is wrong with people and their square toed shoes? I would wear neither of those with a suit. Square toes = casual or an idiot that doesn't know how they should dress for business.

Since it's a wedding, they may be ok with a sport coat, but are still crappy shoes that shouldn't be worn with a suit.

If you want a business and even a casual wedding shoe, the Park Avenue is the way to go.

5615.jpg

couldn't agree more!!!

670 of 4993

Head Colostomizer
Established Member
A nice cap toed shoe from Johnston and Murphy will treat you well. You can resole them and they last for a looong time if you polish and take care of them. I think the laceless square toed shoes are for guys who are "light in their loafers" haha

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member

5615.jpg

much better looking shoe than what the op posted, laces look better

Users who are viewing this thread