Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Heres some examples of my work. I have 3 buy here pay here dealerships, 2 specialty dealership, asheville savings bank fleet, a funeral home, sheriffs dept, a few attorneys and doctors office's that i serve. I don't and havent posted a lot about my detailing because detailers dont realize theres 457 different ways to do something and they love to argue about how they do things different. 1) i dont care how you do things. 2)this is me, i do things how I do them and it works for me. Heres a link to my page, im always giving tutorials and lessons. Im old school. I use my hands. No rotaries, no foam cannon sprayers which are the gayest thing i have ever seen btw.

Precise Auto Polishing & Consulting

If i can help anyone learn how to do something, just ask.View attachment 1568734View attachment 1568735View attachment 1568736View attachment 1568737View attachment 1568738View attachment 1568739View attachment 1568740View attachment 1568741View attachment 1568742

Sent from my LG V30 ThinQ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

You're doing it wrong. :p

FJohnny

Established Member
Heres some examples of my work. Im old school. I use my hands. No rotaries, no foam cannon sprayers which are the gayest thing i have ever seen btw.

Precise Auto Polishing & Consulting

If i can help anyone learn how to do something, just ask.View attachment 1568734View attachment 1568735View attachment 1568736View attachment 1568737View attachment 1568738View attachment 1568739View attachment 1568740View attachment 1568741View attachment 1568742

Nice work! Great side gig.

Just wanted to clarify something. Was it the rotary, the foam cannon sprayer or both of them that are the gayest thing ever? I had my eye on a certain piece of equipment but I don't want to accidentally hop the sexual identity fence to the other side by buying the wrong item.

Again, very cool 'hobby'.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

Just wanted to clarify something. Was it the rotary, the foam cannon sprayer or both of them that are the gayest thing ever? I had my eye on a certain piece of equipment but I don't want to accidentally hop the sexual identity fence to the other side by buying the wrong item.

It's too late for you, you're a Canadian.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member

Foam cannons. They are the figit spinners of the detail world. But thats just me. Some detailers swear by them. You may love it. Im from the 80s, that's when i started. We had turtle wax and armor all. And we made it work. And we liked it.

FJohnny

Established Member
Foam cannons. They are the figit spinners of the detail world. But thats just me. Some detailers swear by them. You may love it. Im from the 80s, that's when i started. We had turtle wax and armor all. And we made it work. And we liked it.

Ha ha. Yeah, baby! Thank God. It was a rotary polisher that I was looking at. Dodged a big homo bullet that time. But I have to admit I may look into the foam thing to see what it's all about. They haven't really made it to Canada yet. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

It's too late for you, you're a Canadian.

LOL. If I wasn't so sure you were just kidding I would be trying to apologize to you right now.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Ha ha. Yeah, baby! Thank God. It was a rotary polisher that I was looking at. Dodged a big homo bullet that time. But I have to admit I may look into the foam thing to see what it's all about. They haven't really made it to Canada yet. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

LOL. If I wasn't so sure you were just kidding I would be trying to apologize to you right now.
When you get a polisher, practice with it before going right on your car 1st thing. You can really jack up a paint job with swirls. Watch some you tube vids.

FJohnny

Established Member
When you get a polisher, practice with it before going right on your car 1st thing. You can really jack up a paint job with swirls. Watch some you tube vids.

Thanks. Definitely a youtube first guy. And, I'll go over my wife's car first. She'll love me because she would never recognize a swirl anyway. Win/win.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
You will know you're finished when the paint looks like this.

The odd looking spot on the right of the metallic shot is the reflection of my hand and phone. It isn't a blemish.

20190416_033609.jpeg
20190419_083640.jpeg

nickf2005

Established Member
So, I picked up a bottle of this the other day when my son and I were at Meijer getting a few other things.

I wiped down my truck hood with to clean it off, and then applied this stuff to a dry surface. Wipe on, wipe off, buff out with a dry side of the micro fiber. Easy peezy.

It's rained quite a bit here lately and it was doing a decent job of shedding the water. Yesterday, it was raining like crazy, so I did and experiment when I got home between trips. Dried off my windshield, and applied a layer like I did the hood previously. Then... I just sprayed the entire truck when it was rain wet, including the previously treated hood. When I drove to my next stop, I just let the rain rinse it away instead of using a hose like the directions say. Surprisingly, the hood took the application pretty well and shed even better. The windshield didn't really bead much better.

However, this morning, still raining, the windshield beaded just a good, if not better, than when treated with RainX. My guess is there's a bit of "curing" that needed to happen. So, I'd suggest you guys could replace your windshield treatment with this stuff. Maybe the longevity isn't as good at RainX? Not sure. Saves a bottle on the shelf I suppose.

The non-pre-treated areas of the truck where I sprayed didn't really take the spray on, rain off, application. I'd agree with their instructions to apply the first layer when dry like a normal quick detailer/Spray wax.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Got my bottle yesterday. Guess it had motion sickness or something... Going to request a new bottle and transfer this into something else.
A5C6CA98-A6A5-44C4-AA58-EC65863C826F.jpeg

B9B03863-D23C-40DF-B897-3D603CAABD19.jpeg

CV355

_
Established Member
Got my bottle yesterday. Guess it had motion sickness or something... Going to request a new bottle and transfer this into something else.
View attachment 1569405
View attachment 1569406

I had a big bottle of Meguiar's quick detailer do that last year. If the bottle has a weak spot from some buttmonkey mishandling it during shipping/stocking, all it takes is a little heat to burst the thing.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
I've completed two or three maintenance washes and it is still holding up well. It actually seems to be working slightly better. I've had two track days this week and most of the racing rubber strikes came off during the wash without resorting to Mothers Racing Rubber remover.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Did the bottle itself break?

Yup. At the bottom of the bottle in the second picture. Seems to have broken there somehow.
I had a big bottle of Meguiar's quick detailer do that last year. If the bottle has a weak spot from some buttmonkey mishandling it during shipping/stocking, all it takes is a little heat to burst the thing.
I've ordered a few things and never had trouble. Bottles are typically placed in zip lock bags to prevent what I experienced. Buddy that I had an order shipped to, said his order was perfect.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Yup. At the bottom of the bottle in the second picture. Seems to have broken there somehow.

I've ordered a few things and never had trouble. Bottles are typically placed in zip lock bags to prevent what I experienced. Buddy that I had an order shipped to, said his order was perfect.

If you read reviews on it there's a history of them arriving with broken bottles. Mine had a pinhole leak toward the bottom but it wasn't bad enough to return it.

CV355

_
Established Member

This is unironically an amazing boomer-post. I mean no offense by that, at all, in fact I agree totally.

To your point, I bought a foam cannon 3 years ago and I absolutely love and hate the thing. On the plus side, you know every nook and cranny got soap in it, it's easy to make sure you hit every spot, and the wash mitt/sponge stays lubricated the whole time. On the negative side, setup takes 10x longer, I have to run the pressure washer, screw around changing QD fittings, and you find suds hiding everywhere during rinsing. NEVER use one on a hot day on a black car, even in the shade.

When I first started getting into detailing, I really never used more than a normal sponge and a 5 gallon bucket. I had a separate sponge for wheels, and that was about it. I didn't even think about "microscratches" and I was just as OCD then as I am now. Hell, my father taught me how to wax a car with an old white t-shirt (actually, he threw one at me and said "wax your damn car." I was careful, but I was also spoiled with softened well water- I didn't know what water spots were until I moved to South Carolina. Spraying your car with the hose now is about the same as sodablasting.

Today I have an entire 72" cabinet filled with various products and detailing tools. I guess it's the guy equivalent of women's makeup cabinets. I really do like the Chemical Guys stuff, except that their marketing team needs to lay off the crack. "Magical hydrophobic extreme surfactant with optical-grade gloss enhancers." It's friggin quick detailer you California nutbags!

If 25% of the effort gets you 95% of the results, is it really worth it? On an expensive car, sure. For keeping a competitive edge in the detailing business? Absolutely. For my daily driver that the damn neighbor's cat hops on every night? Probably not.

If you read reviews on it there's a history of them arriving with broken bottles. Mine had a pinhole leak toward the bottom but it wasn't bad enough to return it.

Sounds like a manufacturing / handling issue. I doubt Meguiar's fills and caps sprayers manually. Somewhere, someone has tooling set to stroke too far.

04MysticCobra

Established Member

This. I picked one up recently off the shelf at a local Walmart and the blue liquid was leaking badly onto the floor. These bottles probably are made using cheap plastic that does not hold up well to handling even in their cases. I had a similar problem with another Meguiar's product bottle.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I have read about that but figured since I was ordering it direct, that maybe they'd do a better job. It was well packaged so nothing could move around, but nothing was protecting the bottom. I'm wondering if the box was tossed hard on the ground at one point and that's a weak spot in the bottle? Either way, I got a response back that it's on back order and they'll ship me a new bottle for free.

Users who are viewing this thread