Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
what happens if you spray this onto the glass?

Nothing. I applied to the windows.

It doesn’t haze or spot. It does appear to increase water beading on glass, but not as good as on paint. Certainly not like Rain X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Which of the two is the most idiot friendly? I would take to a professional because you get what you pay and I pay myself nothing but there are no quality professionals around these parts.

The most idiot friendly is Optimum Gloss Coat, hands down. It is self-leveling. Of the 2 I mentioned, either really. Most apply the same way. If I were closer I would hook you up. I have done many mustangs that are breathtaking, Kenzo's gloss is unreal.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
The most idiot friendly is Optimum Gloss Coat, hands down. It is self-leveling. Of the 2 I mentioned, either really. Most apply the same way. If I were closer I would hook you up. I have done many mustangs that are breathtaking, Kenzo's gloss is unreal.
You're more than welcome to show off how beautiful Optimum is with my Mustang. I'm not too far away.

Sent from my [toilet] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Out of bored determination, I have located 2 bottles of the ceramic hybrid concoction. I'm curious to find out how this stuff does over the top of Maguire's Carnuba paste wax.

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
I used the Meguiars Ceramic Hybrid today and I have to say I’m kinda impressed. I know its basically a spray wax and not a true ceramic, but try and get a black car to look real good quickly and easily with some of the other “quick fix” products out there. I have pretty much tried them all except a true ceramic coat which I plan to do soon. (Just recently finished a full paint correction on my girl) For the money, ease of application and the ease of how it wipes off without hazing or streaking its actually pretty good stuff... Im gonna stock up on it I think.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I bought a bottle over the weekend and plan on using it for my DD. Now if I can only get a warm day to use a hose that would be great. Will use my Cobra clay mitt first to clean the surface.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
My car is covered in pine tree pollen now here in North Carolina after some misting rain and the trees being in full bloom. I'll see how easily it washes on Friday. I was getting a lot of pollen on the car at a Time Trial race last weekend, but it wasn't sticking to the car. People kept asking me if I washed the car Saturday night before the Sunday race sessions.

I agree with people on that it is basically a spray wax, but the stuff works and requires very little effort. Plus it is cheap!

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
I bought mine off Amazon, but some bottles are getting cracked in shipment. I had no problems. The good thing is that Amazon will make it right if there is a problem.

Same issue I ran into.

Was looking for something cheap and easy for the Jeep daily to make cleaning easier.

I’ll keep looking and give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
My car is covered in pine tree pollen now here in North Carolina after some misting rain and the trees being in full bloom. I'll see how easily it washes on Friday. I was getting a lot of pollen on the car at a Time Trial race last weekend, but it wasn't sticking to the car. People kept asking me if I washed the car Saturday night before the Sunday race sessions.

I agree with people on that it is basically a spray wax, but the stuff works and requires very little effort. Plus it is cheap!
My car after being outside for about 2 hours.

Now I get to wash and detail the thing.
20190325_002644.jpeg

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I was getting a lot of pollen on the car at a Time Trial race last weekend, but it wasn't sticking to the car. People kept asking me if I washed the car Saturday night before the Sunday race sessions.

Now that observation has my attention, I noticed after my Cobra paint correction and ceramic coat pollen and road dust just seemed to blow off on its own for the most part, not 100% but enough for me to notice a drastic difference.
Im not sure how Bead Maker will handle pollen come spring but if it doesnt fly off I may have to give this stuff a try. Up until my ceramic coat I havent used anything that could do that, I have tried, not liked and given away more stuff than a sane person should.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Now that observation has my attention, I noticed after my Cobra paint correction and ceramic coat pollen and road dust just seemed to blow off on its own for the most part, not 100% but enough for me to notice a drastic difference.
Im not sure how Bead Maker will handle pollen come spring but if it doesnt fly off I may have to give this stuff a try. Up until my ceramic coat I havent used anything that could do that, I have tried, not liked and given away more stuff than a sane person should.

You could also use it on top of a ceramic coating. It seems to be a good drying agent and it doesn't add much more time to a standard two-bucket hand wash.

I was hitting 130+ MPH on the straights for 15-20 minutes. Normal driving might not produce the same pollen blasting results.

Users who are viewing this thread