Me Vs a C6 Vette

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
This is an argument me and my dad have had for a little while know. on the 4th of july my dad bought a bright yellow 2008 corvette coupe automatic and at the corvette carslile (*spelling) he bought a borla catback and X pipe, everything else is stock. He thinks he can hand me my ass in a 1/4mile race. MY mods are JLT ram air intake, eibach springs, pro 5.0 shifter, diablosport chip (would like to change to a SCT tuner), MMFLSFC, build solid axle w/ 3.73 gears, tokico shocks stock LCA's & UCA's, MAC LT's, bassani O/R X, and slp powerflo dumps. Do you guys think i stand a chance?? :??:

po-po 5.0

Established Member
Power to weight ratio gives him a distinct advantage. But........can you drive? The track is the great equalizer.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
no sorry to say i think you would get owned

even though he has an automatic, these ls2 and ls3 engines make alot of power

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
Thats what i thought, he lets me drive it on a regular basis and it just feels quicker and lighter. But i wont let him know that :rolling:

SoonToBeASnake

Established Member
I'm afraid he is going to take you. The LS3 makes about 380-400whp at the wheels stock and weigh in around 3100-3200lbs. They are pretty strong cars. Nice avatar by the way :thumbsup:

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I got you confused with droptopsnake, the guy with the twin 57's, when I first opened this and I thought you were joking. Yea, he'd probably take you. Unless he sucks at driving. It was a much faster car out of the box. Stock for stock he has you by 110 rated hp. That's alot to over come with a few bolt ons.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
op have you ever taken your car to the track to see what it traps?

trap speed on your dads car is prolly over 116 mph

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
the c6's i've seen run the 1/4 do mid 12's @ around 112...my old 01 (V-Sicks on here) is running 12.3's @ 112 with the mods in my sig and jack/spare/swaybar removed...i don't think he would absolutely SLAUGHTER you, but i don't think you'll be pulling on him...

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
Looks like im gonna be looking for some new mods to keep up. Hopefully I'll at least have a better reaction off the line (he turned 62 in august) :shrug: And i guess thats the only advantage i might get out of him. Thanks for the input everybody

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
He'll take ya, especially with you only having 3.73s.

even with 4.56s the C6 would reel him in on the big end...those auto C6s run pretty damn good at the track

Last edited:

K2AHollywood

Established Member
even with 4.56s the C6 would reel him in on the big end...those auto C6s run pretty damn good at the track

yes they do but they are also geared really low. They tend to make you think you are doing ok untill a little after 100...a Callaway taught me that lesson the hard way :whine:

Users who are viewing this thread