McLeod cluth

Hugo1

Established Member
lookin 2buy a new cluth for my cobra I want a cluth that would handle any power and that would handle the beat at the track I was lookin at McLeod cluth kit
is anybody using this cluth would you guys reccomend it.plans for now is just 2pullied the car but I would b adding a kb or whipple in the future and I don't want 2worry about upgrading clutch.thank you guys in advance

Mcleod 99-04 Mustang Street Twin Clutch Kit (26 Spline-8 Bolt) - Mcleod - Clutch Kits - Clutches - Transmission - 03-04 SVT Cobra

Last edited:

Benjaio

Established Member
I'm sorry but you should use spell check and a little better grammer. Your post is very hard to read.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

army_man1014

Established Member
Agreed stop writing like your in 5 th grade.

But on to the original question. McLeod is a very good clutch the rxt will handle the anise at the track and have a soft pedal for your daily driving. If your going KB soon then while you have teams dropped I would do the 26 spline input shaft.

In currently doing the same project now. I will let you know how it works out for me once I get the car back.

TRBO VNM

agreed stop writing like your in 5 th grade.

But on to the original question. Mcleod is a very good clutch. The rxt will handle the abuse at the track and have a soft pedal for your daily driving. If your going kb soon then while you have trans dropped i would do the 26 spline input shaft.

I'm currently doing the same project now. I will let you know how it works out for me once i get the car back.

fify :thumbsup:

Last edited:

army_man1014

Established Member
damn i was writing like I was in 5th grade. sorry for the typos, damn auto correct on Iphone.

^ the RXT will handle the abuse on the track, ( not anise)
^while the Tranny is dropped, not (teams)

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
lookin 2buy a new cluth for my cobra I want a cluth that would handle any power and that would handle the beat at the track I was lookin at McLeod cluth kit
is anybody using this cluth would you guys reccomend it.plans for now is just 2pullied the car but I would b adding a kb or whipple in the future and I don't want 2worry about upgrading clutch.thank you guys in advance

Mcleod 99-04 Mustang Street Twin Clutch Kit (26 Spline-8 Bolt) - Mcleod - Clutch Kits - Clutches - Transmission - 03-04 SVT Cobra

Keep in mind, stock is 10 spline.

If you want something with good street manners but able to handle the abuse, go with an RXT.

10 Spline:
Mcleod 99-04 Mustang RXT Street Twin Disc Clutch (10 Spline) - Mcleod - Clutch Kits - Clutches - Transmission - 03-04 SVT Cobra

26 Spline:
Mcleod 99-04 Mustang RXT Street Twin Disc Clutch (26 Spline) - Mcleod - Clutch Kits - Clutches - Transmission - 03-04 SVT Cobra

For a flywheel, stick with the lightened steel:
Mcleod 99-04 Mustang Lightened Steel Flywheel (8 Bolt)

That's a pretty common and solid set up both our Cobra, and GT500 guys go with and seem to be working very well. We've run that combo on a few of our cars here as well in the past.

Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

army_man1014

Established Member
Thanks yea I just placed my order with Derek over there.. they hooked me up with military discount and free shipping...2 grand in parts later.. this clutch better hold like a champ.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
any reason you guys recommend the steel flywheel over aluminum?

i am getting ready to pull the trigger on a clutch myself and am 99% certain i'm going with the rxt

thanks

Aluminum can be a bit too light for some daily driven cars. The Lightened steel is a good balance of weight and strength for the RXT clutch.

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with and when you're ready to pull the trigger, give us a shout!

Users who are viewing this thread